Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-13-2004, 04:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Intermission

Colin Farrell Does Fight Song

New soundtrack features actor singing rock classic
Urban love story

Actor Colin Farrell puts his stamp on the Bobby Fuller Four-popularized, Sonny Curtis-penned rock & roll rebellion anthem "I Fought the Law" on the soundtrack to interMission.
In addition to Farrell, the twelve-track will also feature tracks by other Irish entertainers, old and new, from U2's "Out of Control" (from 1980's Boy) to "One Horse Town," a recent cut by the Thrills, a Dublin band with a Southern California fixation. Also included are a pair of songs by Canadian singer-songwriter Ron Sexsmith, and music by the Magnetic Fields, Turin Brakes, the Fun Lovin' Criminals and others.

Billed as an "urban love story," interMission seeks to integrate its soundtrack into the film as Trainspotting did eight years ago. The film has done the festival circuit and will visit U.S. theaters starting with a select market engagement on March 19th. The soundtrack will be released March 16th.

Track list for interMission:

"I Fought the Law," Colin Farrell
"Out of Control," U2
"One Horse Town," the Thrills
"Pain Killer," Turin Brakes
"These Days," Ron Sexsmith
"Get Down Move Over," Relish
"Scooby Snacks," Fun Lovin' Criminals
"Bumble A, Bumble B, Bumble C, Bumble D," Fonda 500
"I Don't Want to Get Over You," Magnetic Fields
"Disappearing Act," Ron Sexsmith
"Newgrange," Clannad
"Two Buses/Intermission," John Murphy

Last edited by Robsessed_MeesterManic; 06-02-2004 at 12:12 PM
Old 01-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Oh it's finally out? I remember listening to parts of that track.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:08 AM
Master Fan

Colin singing? Awesome!
I can't wait to hear this!
Old 01-16-2004, 03:21 AM
Supreme Fan

I knew he auditioned for boyzone, but he always said he didnt know why as he couldnt sing, so im surprised to hear he has a song on the soundtrack...

cant wait to hear it though.

[ 01-16-2004: Message edited Digital Dreams ]

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 03-17-2004, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

Intermission

I haven't seen a thread for this but if there is, feel free to close this.

I heard it's set to drop in the US on March 19. Discuss the movie here hee - any news, info, pics, reviews [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I hope it will be released here soon, can't wait to watch it!

Quote:
'Intermission' Irishmen Lay off the Sauce
Tue, Mar 16, 2004, 02:03 PM PT
By Hanh Nguyen

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - The filmmakers of the Irish ensemble action-comedy "Intermission" have a bit of advice about one of the film's more innocuous scenes: Don't try it at home.

In one of the film supermarket stocker John (Cillian Murphy) and his pal Oscar (David Wilmot) steal a case of the condiment known as brown sauce. At a loss of what to do with the saucy surplus, they begin adding it to everything, including their coffee, and even convince fellow conspirators (Colin Farrell and Brian O'Byrne) to try it.

Cast mate Kelly MacDonald enlightens Zap2it.com about the European condiment.

"It's spicy, kind of like ketchup ... a bit like steak sauce," she says. "Colin and a few other people tried it [in their coffee] and said it was revolting."

"It's disgusting," confirms director John Crowley, who let curiosity get the better of him.

Taking pity on his actors, Crowley even tried to replace the sauce with a prop -- a chocolate-syrup mixture -- in one key scene, which had disastrous results.

"Around take 11 or 12, they were really beginning to gag and feel sick [because they had to] swallow it during the scene," says the director. "It was the first scene we shot that day at 8 o'clock in the morning, and a few of them had 'trouble' later on. I won't go into details on that one."

"Intermission," a seriocomic tale about love, sex, death and brown sauce, opens in limited release on Friday, March 19.
Old 03-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

i'll be seeing in on saturday.....in orange county, california....it's opening at edwards south coast village 3 (an "art house" theater)...it's directly across the street from south coast plaza....will post after i see it...if you quicktime click here for the trailer....
Old 03-18-2004, 03:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Here are some photoes from the sit:

Colin's role:
Quote:
a petty thief (Colin Farrell) feels the urge to settle down and set up house, if only he can find that special someone and shake the maverick detective (Colm Meaney) who's always patrolling Dublin.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

here's a link to a better trailer (quicktime) and more info on 'intermission'.....
http://www3.ifctv.com/intermission/index.html
Old 03-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Total Fan

I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Icon by Elya
Old 03-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Krissy*:
<STRONG>I'm looking forward to seeing this.</STRONG>
Me too.
You know! I like colin in those kind of roles. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

This movie sounds so good! Plus it has Colin in it so how can you go wrong?!!?

Those pics are so hawt! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Can that man get any hotter?
Old 03-19-2004, 09:23 AM
Total Fan

I agree MichaelVartanIsSexy. If Colin's in it, you really can't go wrong!

And yes, those pics are hot! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Icon by Elya
Old 03-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

i just came back from seeing 'intermission'...at it's heart and soul it's bascially a love story that involved a number of different couples....(colin plays a criminal)....while colin's role is substantial he is not the predominant actor in this movie (although on the marquee of the theater i saw it at they advertised it as 'intermission' with colin farrell...no doubt to draw more viewers to the film)....the opening scene with colin and an actress who portrays a cashier in the film just blew me away it was so unexpected.....all in all a great little film, to be enjoyed by all fans of colin...one other word....the accents in this film are a bit overwhelming and and times i wasn't sure what i was hearing....but that didn't detract from my enjoyment of 'intermission'....
Old 03-21-2004, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

I can't seem to hear the trailer, but for what I see it looks pretty interesting.

I hope it comes here pretty soon [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 03-23-2004, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

I did see a review on TV and they did point out that it was an ensemble movie and that Colin didn't have a large part. They also said the Irish accent was so thick, it could have used subtitles! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]