Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Colin's Badboy Image [Thread 1]

Do you really think that the Badboy image is really Colin or just a publicity stunt?
Old 06-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Addicted Fan

For one, I don't find him that much of a bad boy... Which leads into, no, I don't think it's a publicity stunt. On the other hand, he doesn't do much to detract from it... Which reminds me:

I was thinking, I wonder how much of himself he really reveals in interviews and such. It seems to me that he just lets the charm flow and is forthcoming enough about this and that... And while I don't think it's a fake him, per se (he's too genuine for that) it's still Interview Colin. Anyone else get that impression?

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Old 06-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Devi, I was actually reading Colin's article from UK Esquire and he explained exactly his image.

He said something like in interviews he can talk about casual sex, cursing, and drinking but he said that he has never talked about his passions, dreams, etc. So really, people only know the chainsmoking Colin.

But I don't think he's a "badboy", it's just he's someone with a new and different personality in Hollywood where everyone sorta seems the same.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

It's probably the only thing interviewers are interested in. It would be nice if more of them asked about his family, his dreams and so forth.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

Yeah that's actually kind of sad. It would be cool to have more background info, instead of the usual: he drinks and smokes stuff.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Personally, I think that Colin is just Colin,and the 'bad boy' image is what he's really like. I mean, you don't hear about him beating the crap out of people at bars. He just likes the women, smokes, drinks, and cusses. In short, he's a guy.

*I'm not saying that all guys smoke, drink, and cuss, [img]smilies/angel.gif[/img], but I'm saying that he's not going to change who he is just because he's a celebrity*

I hear all the time on tv "Women love a badboy, and Colin Farrell's the ultimate badboy". But at the same time, he strikes me as a decent guy. Whenever I see him on TV, I don't wonder "hmm, is he really like that". What you see is what you get. And I find that sexy.

Um...the point of this long, rambling, Colin!love post, is that....I honestly don't think it's an image. I think it's just him.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 08-08-2003, 11:58 PM
Total Fan

I couldn't agree more. I never really thought of it as an image either. He's just Colin. That's just the way he is. He says and does what he wants and doesn't give a crap what people think. I think that's part of what makes him so damn sexy.

Icon by Elya
Old 08-10-2003, 08:58 PM
Moderator Manager

definitely agree with what everyone says. its not a publicity stunt, its the real colin we see. and i [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] it! like i said, if only i knew him, i'd want my parents to meet him. they'd have a hissy-fit! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] and i'll run off with the bad boy anytime. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-13-2003, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure he'd be a sweet son-in-law one day. I mean, have you seen him with his mom or sisters? So wonderful!
Old 12-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

I think a bad boy is not fully what he is, thats his image that hollywood labeled him. I think he has another side to him but he is also one of those guys that you really wouldn't want to be in a relationship with. God yes it would be amazing to be with Colin Farrell but he is not the stable type as we all know.Things he says and does make the bad boy image come to life. Like

Quote:
"I come into town and try to ***** as many people as I can." -Colin (Not exact)

I read that in a magazine that he said it but, I mean I guess you really never know whats fact or fiction.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree with what most of you have been saying, it's what hollywood makes him out to be. So in essence, it's a publicity stunt, but not done by him. He's the victim, so to speak. But he's [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] and laid back that he doesn't care what anyone thinks about him--and I think that's refreshing. So many people get so hung up on reputation, and that makes them an easy target. But with Colin, he's living it up, doing what any guy in his position would do, and not letting the media, his publicity, or public opinion get to him. He's what I like to call a free spirit. It's one of the things I love about him so much. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/sail_boat.gif[/img] Claire

You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!
Old 01-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well very good points have been raised here, but I think the issue here is the defintion of 'bad boy'... I think the smoking, drinking and what not is nothing (everyone in hollywood does it AND more they just don't do it public and I think the Colin (I mean he has said it on several occasions himself) is out to have as good of a time as he can while it lasts!

However the whole fathering a baby and not wanting to settle down now thats BAD BOY! he he he (I can feel the flames already)
Old 01-04-2004, 05:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

I live in Dublin near Castleknock where Colin grew up. im not on here bragging or anything iv never seen him or anything but just talking.Castleknock is generally considered a posh area by the surrounding areas so alot of people here in Dublin kind of go on about how his accent is very strong Dub city accent, Castleknock is not exactly the city, its in the west suburbs so they say its put on.its hard to explain about the accents but anyway he just talks a very "common Dub" accent for someone from Casleknock, and some people think he puts it on a bit and purposly over does the cursing...

Before anyone says anything im just telling you things people have said that makes you question the "bad boy image",
i think its a very real possibility that Colin is who he appears to be but in Hollywood who knows!!
YOR#3
"In August and Everything After I'm After Everything"
Old 01-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

He's a bad boy, with out being a bad boy, if you know what I mean...

He drinks, he smokes, he cusses, he likes sex...what man doesnt.

Its not like he's going out and trashing places etc.

[ 01-05-2004: Message edited traffic stopper ]
Old 04-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

ya he's a bad boy, He's Irish what do you expect lol. Boy I love the Irish [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]