Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2003, 01:58 AM
Master Fan

Lucky you. I used to have digital cable and I now have DirecTV, but I think the programming on BBC America is the same...
Old 01-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Master Fan

I just watched a Colin (Danny) episode and it was great! I think he has some sweet love thing going on with a local girl on the show named Emma.

It is playing everyday at 3:00PM I live in the States (Maryland) and it plays on channel 25 WMPT

I hope everyone catches it!
Old 09-01-2004, 03:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Ballykissangel in Oz

Thats right Aussies, we got the series that started out Colin career here on Optus/austar/Foxtel!

I screamed bloody murder when i saw it in the program..and it's been on for a while

So if ya got UKTV, tune in Sunday night at 6.30pm to watch Colin in his early years!

....How exciting is that!
Old 09-01-2004, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh, how cool for you guys.

Sasha
Old 09-01-2004, 04:59 AM
Supreme Fan

I know.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:10 AM
Loyal Fan

i cant watch it though bloody hell!
Cause I don't ever wanna
I don't ever wanna be You.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Merged the two threads so there won't be duplicates.

And lucky you Aussies, I'm resigned to the fact that I won't ever be able to watch it.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:40 AM
Loyal Fan

why is that?
i have seen a few epsiodes when it was on ABC
Cause I don't ever wanna
Old 09-04-2004, 08:30 AM
Supreme Fan

Have u Alicia ? Cool.

Well i can't wait to watch it 2moz nigt totally pshyced!
Old 09-04-2004, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

I want to hear details of how the show is and how Colin expecially is k from you girls.

I just heard a Ballykissangel wiht Colin and he mentioned something about horses and how he didn't have a license for it or something but it's kind of muffled and i can't really ihear it properly. So i guesss there wil be some horseback riding action like in American Outlaws huh. You girls might want to look out for that.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Supreme Fan

He wasn't on it last night. But i missed an eppy where it's described that Danny ( colin's character) and someone else get a wana get a ranch or something.

I'll look for the horse riding. And where did ya hear that from? Where is he saying it?
Old 09-06-2004, 03:26 AM
Elite Fan

I would share the interview with you but I don't know how to upload video clips and I forgotten where i downloaded it already.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Supreme Fan

Oh it's okay. Found this interview of Colin when he was on it. He does have a horse.

"Here is an interview with Colin on his character, Danny:

Introduce yourself and the character that you play?
I play Danny Byrne a character who came into the Ballykissangel in the fourth series and I came in on a bare back horse from Dublin. I’m a working class guy and I’ve come into find my uncle Eamon Byrne who I’ve never met before. I believe the police want to impound my horse because I have no license to keep my it in Dublin. So I end up in Ballykissangel living with my uncle.

Is there any similarity between you and Danny?
I suppose the obvious similarity between Danny and me is age. It’s not a complex character. It’s just a young fella who’s ended up in a place where he has never been before and he’s dealing with a new place and new people. I’ve done that myself. I’ve lived in Australia for a year with a couple of mates when I was seventeen, so you can relate to it fairly easily.

What was the most enjoyable episode?
My favourite episode ... well anything with my uncle. Any scene’s with Birdy Sweeney would by far be my favourite work. Birdy died during the making of Series Five, and the second episode of the series is dedicated to him. He’s going to be missed and he is missed. He was such a pleasure to work with and just a gorgeous, gorgeous man. He was my Ma’s favourite character by a mile.

What was the most difficult episode or scene?
The most difficult episode was last year when myself and Kate McEnery who plays Emma were getting it together and they had built up this romance.

It wasn’t mind-blowingly difficult, but it’s quite an unnatural thing when you’re good mates with someone to snog them. And the same this year, we have a snog. We’re great mates and we had a laugh about it, but it’s fairly unnatural. You just feel there’s no way in the world it could be sexy. But I’m sure they can make something of it in the editing suite - I hope."
Old 09-07-2004, 01:44 AM
Loyal Fan

thanks for the info yeah i saw it when i was younger but didnt think much of it really!
i would probably like it now though!
Cause I don't ever wanna
Old 09-07-2004, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

That was the interview I was talking about!