Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

I know That sucks big time

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 01-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it sure does I can't believe the writers strike isn't over yet
Old 01-14-2008, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe it will be longer as we thought.. I mean when I think how long the last strike was.. *sighs*

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-21-2008, 08:54 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Gonna Walsh that Grey's right outta my hair

January 21, 2008

By Lara de Matos

When we first met Addison Montgomery-Sheppard, it was easy to dismiss her as a meddlesome adulterous wife, who was about to throw a serious spanner into the Meredith-McDreamy saga in Grey's Anatomy.

But we quickly realised that she wasn't the wicked witch of this fairy tale, after she gallantly came to Meredith's defence when the "waif-like one" found herself in a patient's firing line. Okay, so Addison did end up heaving an entire toolbox into Derek's love life, by declaring her undying love for him and stating in no uncertain terms that she wanted to give their marriage another go.

Alas, it was not to be. Hence, a number of sexual encounters (with the likes of Alex and McSteamy no less), as well as a shot at the Chief of Surgery post later, Addison decided the time had come to seek sunnier pastures.

And so begins the adventure with a new squad of medical misfits in Private Practice …

The closing episodes from the last season of Grey's Anatomy afforded us a taste of what we could expect from the Oceanside Wellness Group (this, after Addison took a leave of absence and headed down to Santa Monica, where she hooked up with her old med-school chums).

But although the show appears to be quite capable of holding its own in the "entertaining television" stakes, you have to wonder if producers aren't being overly ambitious when stating that they hope it will experience the same level of success as its "parent" programme.

Even before the series first aired in the US, television blog sites in that country were peppered with sceptical comments from viewers, who had serious misgivings about the cast in particular. And with good reason too! Half of the actors (namely Taye Diggs, Timothy Daly and Chris Lowell) comprising the core characters were last seen on shows that didn't make it past the first season .

Then there's the small matter of Kate Walsh. Sure, she's sexy, savvy and comically quirky as Addison. But we'd be lying if we said she was the obvious choice, in so far as creating a spin-off for a Grey's character is concerned.

Even Kate herself was surprised. "I didn't expect this," she said during an interview on NBC last year.

"Whenever I got a call from (creator) Shonda's assistant, I always assumed I was in trouble … So when she told me they wanted me for a spin-off, I just sort of left my body and watched the rest of the conversation happen from four feet above the room."

Nevertheless, it does say a lot about viewers' regard for Addison: For one thing, she was never meant to be a main character. What's more, originally, she was only pencilled in to appear in a cameo role throughout the first few episodes.

Still, Katherine Heigl's (who plays Izzie Stevens) ever-growing popularity among both small and big screen audiences means that she was far better placed to have a series all her own. The fact that Chandra Wilson's character (Miranda Bailey) was left with egg on her face after she was passed over for Chief Resident, also left her in the perfect position to move on, as too did George's (TR Knight) realisation that he'd flunked his finals.

But, for reasons that will hopefully be revealed during the course of Private Practice, Kate was deemed the best bet. Now only time will determine if she's able to live up to her producers' expectations.

all here Tonight - Gonna Walsh that Grey's right outta my hair

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 01-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the article!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for that..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for posting the article. I don't really agree with them when they say Addison wasn't the best choice in creating a spin-off. I think she was easily the best choice for the spin-off; the romance, the quirkiness, the emotions that Addison went through on Grey's were enough for her to have her own show. The first few episodes were rusty, I have to admit, but she's come to her own right and all the characters have gelled really well!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

well there were other people who had a better "goodbye" in the show.. but yes Kate was the best choice

----

For "Ellens" birthday, some stars did some Karaoke and Kate was one of them

its just a picture (old outfit so they must have done it right after she was there the last time)

Ellen-survive : Photo Gallery | Just Jared

she is also on the video but just for a milisecond

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/01...ve/#more-23608

LEVERAGE campaign

Last edited by Imzadi; 01-26-2008 at 05:47 AM
Old 01-26-2008, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that's cute, thanks for sharing
Old 01-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for all of those.
KATE. | icon
Old 01-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing this!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

youre all welcome

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 01-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, Amy was at the Sundance Film Festival last week.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.. Love Kate in the video.. even if she there far too short..

Amy looks great.. Love her hair..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

Amy really looks great, and it's cool to have new pics of her too
KATE. | icon