Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2016, 03:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
No, nor should there be IMO. Just like Susan shouldn't return as Simon nor should Romana return as Fred, nor should the Master returned as Missy though the ship has well and truly sailed on that score, thanks to Moffat for ruining one of my favourite characters there, but there should not be gender change in Doctor Who, nor do I think/hope there ever will where the Doctor is concerned...
See i understand why you wouldn't want a female doctor as many other fans wouldn't i however i don't mind if they get a great actress and great writer why not i support most of the decisions they have made for the series if they were to go in that direction i wouldn’t mjnd but if they don't wish to i wouldn't mind i still will enjoy the show
Old 08-28-2016, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
See i understand why you wouldn't want a female doctor as many other fans wouldn't i however i don't mind if they get a great actress and great writer why not i support most of the decisions they have made for the series if they were to go in that direction i wouldn’t mjnd but if they don't wish to i wouldn't mind i still will enjoy the show
For me it would be the straw that broke the camels back and would actually get me to stop watching. Would destroy the show. Missy was bad enough, but I hate this retcon that despite it being established for decades that time lords can't change gender, Moffa just decides to ignore that and trample all over a history and tradition spanning decades
Old 08-28-2016, 11:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

One noticeable difference between Doctor Who and Star Trek is that Doctor Who left themselves with a lot more playing room as far as speculative fiction. According to Star Trek, which is only set in the 23rd and 24th centuries, there should've been a eugenics war in the 90's, faster than light technology is supposed to come out in this century followed immediately by the appearance of Vulcans. I've heard that scientist are experimenting in the possibility of being able to go faster than light, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for logic loving aliens with pointy ears to show up. According to pilot episode of Doctor Who, however, the TARDIS is from the 49th century, which leaves them thousands of years to mess with.
God bless, Jason Irelan
the5billionthquackwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
For me it would be the straw that broke the camels back and would actually get me to stop watching. Would destroy the show. Missy was bad enough, but I hate this retcon that despite it being established for decades that time lords can't change gender, Moffa just decides to ignore that and trample all over a history and tradition spanning decades
I don't mean the same one played by a female. I meant another doctor entirely. As far as I know, this may be the only one with the Cybermen; but do you remember the episode with David Tenant called The Next Doctor where he meets a doctor who's running what he called a TARDIS, except that it's a balloon instead of a police box? He might not have been a time lord exactly, but they could have another member from Gallifrey running another TARDIS entirely.
God bless, Jason Irelan
Old 08-29-2016, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5billionthquackwho (View Post)
I don't mean the same one played by a female. I meant another doctor entirely. As far as I know, this may be the only one with the Cybermen; but do you remember the episode with David Tenant called The Next Doctor where he meets a doctor who's running what he called a TARDIS, except that it's a balloon instead of a police box? He might not have been a time lord exactly, but they could have another member from Gallifrey running another TARDIS entirely.
God bless, Jason Irelan
There are plenty of female Time Lords- Susan and Romana for one thing, but there is only one character called the Doctor.
Old 08-30-2016, 08:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
God bless, Jason Irelan
i kind of like that christmas episode
Old 08-30-2016, 08:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
God bless, Jason Irelan
i kind of like that christmas episode
Old 08-31-2016, 12:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Are there any evil alien species that have made the notoriety that the Daleks and the Cybermen have? I believe I watched the original appearance of the Zygons in a Tom Baker episode called The Terror of the Zygons, but I accidentally had the library order another one with the 10th and 11th doctors that had the Zygons and the Daleks in it. Also, is Gallifrey in the Milky Way galaxy? I know the Doctor sometimes travels to the Milky Way when the TARDIS lands on Earth or when it landed on another planet in our solar system called Mars in the episode The Waters of Mars? But what about the planet Gallifrey itself?
God bless, Jason Irelan
Old 08-31-2016, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

It's in the constellation of Kasterborous, galactic coordinates 10-0-11-00:02 from Galactic Zero Centre
Old 09-02-2016, 12:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

What about the evil aliens that have made repeated appearances? Since old episodes of Doctor Who are expensive to get, is it possible to get photo novels for a more inexpensive price of certain missing episodes like the first episode that had the Cybermen? The reason I'm saying the first Cybermen episode is missing is because the library doesn't have them, and they won't do an international library loan to get them for me to watch. I have a feeling the Daleks and the Cybermen have made the most appearances, but which aliens would come in third?
God bless, Jason Irelan
Old 09-04-2016, 11:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Nobody knows which evil alien species came in third as far as most appearances? Does anyone at least have a favorite doctor actor? I don't, but I'm curious if anyone else does.
God bless, Jason Irelan
Old 09-04-2016, 10:09 PM
Elite Fan

Depends if you count the Master/Davros, depends if you count just TV and depends if you count appearance or villainous intent... If you count the Master, then it's him. If not, it's Davros. If you don't count either, it'll depend on if you count audios and novels or not. Sontarans are the next highest recurring villain, but then you'd have to ask what constitutes as an 'evil alien specie appearance' as Strax the Sontaran has appeared in so many episodes that it would elevate the Sontarans to third, but he's hardly a villain, so it depends if you count that or not.

As for favourite Doctor, it's unquestionably Tom Baker's 4th incarnation, followed by Jon Pertwee and Patrick Troughton. The period between 1966 and 1981 was unquestionably a real golden era for the show and was the peak of it's popularity.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm tempted to go with the original one William Hartnell because it was him who starred in my favorite episode, The Planet of Giants. I wish they'd do that in more modern Doctor Who episodes. I know they only showed one giant insect apparently moving in that episode. Was it done using stop and start? It'd be nice if there were behind the scenes or the making of certain episodes, so we could see how stop and start actually worked.
God bless, Jason Irelan
Old 09-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I noticed one of the newer Doctor episodes with David Tenant sort of had a female doctor in it. She wasn't really a time lord or even a being from the planet Gallifrey. She was from Earth, and her name was Donna. It was when the Doctor was trying to battle the Daleks, and there was a duplicate of himself made that was part human. I believe the episode was Journey's End. I noticed a lot of the Doctor Who episodes have techno babble in them like the Star Trek ones do.
God bless, Jason Irelan
Old 09-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

According to the last couple of Dalek DVD's I checked out from the library, the Daleks are supposed to be the most feared race in the entire universe on Doctor Who. Does that mean they're more feared than the Cybermen? If the Daleks and the Cybermen were to go to war, who would win?
God bless, Jason Irelan
Reply   Post New Thread