Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just looked it up again, it's spelled Naoimh

My parents deliberately chose a name for me that's international, and that people all over the world would be able to pronounce, cause they travelled a lot themselves and my dad has a very typically Dutch name that hardly anyone can pronounce, so he definitely didn't want that for me
Old 12-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
I just looked it up again, it's spelled Naoimh

My parents deliberately chose a name for me that's international, and that people all over the world would be able to pronounce, cause they travelled a lot themselves and my dad has a very typically Dutch name that hardly anyone can pronounce, so he definitely didn't want that for me
Ah, turns out I don't know it either.

My parents have normal names, even my Irish mother doesn't have a particulary Irish name so they have no clue what they doomed me too.

Old 12-18-2009, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

How many offers have you got now, Siobhan?

I'm really nervous now, because a girl who applied to Newcastle at the same time as me has been made an offer and I haven't. That's my first choice and if I don't get in, it screws all my plans to hell.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

I have three, but two are from the same place, and I haven't applied anywhere near as competitive as you.

I wouldn't worry! A lot of people I know are getting slow responses too, some universities are apparently waiting until the UCAS deadline and it is christmas so all the admissions staff have to go home at some point!

Last edited by SiriuslyPotter; 12-18-2009 at 08:20 AM
Old 12-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

It's just the fact that Laura sent hers as the same time as me and she's got an offer . It's so annoying.

OMG this snow is ridiculous. Laura's stranded in Durham and has to stay in a hotel, because all the taxis and buses are cancelled. My dad's stranded in Crook. A lad had to walk from Durham to Brancepeth (about 7 miles) before he could get a lift. Loads of people are saying they had near-death experiences driving home! SO glad I'm safe and warm in my house.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

It looks awful, thankfully it's not snowing anywhere near me.

It's still very cold though.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

My dad's not stuck in Crook! He got down before the major snow started. Which sucks, because he's been annoying me with his drunken racism and homophobia.

But, yeah, it's pretty bad here. A bus turned over in Durham and blocked all the roads
Old 12-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

I find it odd how the snow seems to have bypassed the West Midlands entirely as far as I know. When everywhere else has heaps of it!

I am actually ill now, which is not helping my resolve to study loads over christmas.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

I just wish it was next week. I've never ever had a White Christmas. I'd like one before I become an adult officially!

Ugh, not fun. I was feeling pretty rough yesterday but even though I'm still sniffly today, I'm not feeling ill.

So, instead of going to bed, I've decided to watch Mock the Week clips on YouTube. This is my revision. For... Law. They mentioned the law... sometimes.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

There was a white christmas a few years back .. I think I was 9, but it was great.

Meh, I think it will only last a day or two, I am never that ill but it's always a suprise when I do get ill.

good one! I like to pretend watching The Thick of It/ The West Wing is very important to my Politics revision. But then I feel guilty for enjoying my 'revision' so much.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

You know it's not revision if you're enjoying it. It's just a fact of life. If you start wondering how long that stain's been on the ceiling, or reorganising your DVDs in alphabetical order ,then you're doing revision.

I've moved onto Have I Got News For You. Is that progress?
Old 12-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Revision for me is looking back and forth from a opened textbook to a blank word document waiting for inspiration to hit.

I don't know in terms of revison, but in terms of personal taste I prefer MtW.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Last week, I was actually doing proper revision and I: stared into the guinea pig's cage for several minutes, walked around the kitchen, messed around on the internet, searched through my bag for no reason and stared into space for ages. For some bizarre reason I can't remember a single bit of the revision I did.

Yeah, me too.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Master Fan

Sounds familiar. I'm sure I will find many inane ways of avoiding revision over the next few weeks.

I have actually done a fair amount of revision, suprisingly.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, it's actually pretty ridiculous. When I was doing my GCSEs, I decided to clean out a cupboard rather than revise. It took me 3 hours. It should have taken me about 45 minutes, but I decided that everything needed to be in order. Then, obviously, I was too tired for revision, so I took a nap instead.

I just watched 2006's Big Fat Quiz of the Year and it reminded me it's on this year. That'll cheer me up!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread