Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2023, 09:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Oh my goodness what the hell? That's so tragic with your cat.

How old was Keira? Oh no, a heart attack at only 2 years old? He died at the vet?

I am in distress after hearing your stories. The only consolation we tell ourselves when our other dog died was at least he was at home when that happened. Prior to that he was at the doggie hospital for 2 days (we spent so much it was insane). My sister was very upset because she was at work when he died and wanted to be there during his last days.
Oh your poor sister that would of been so horrible so

Cat Charlie died young 2 years old ww wokw up and found him dead , he use to.go.out at night and didn't come home that one night . So now with our new cat his never outside by himself but he also os silly and can't climb things

So first dog to die was Keria my girl she had diabetes and towards the end she had multiple issues that couldn't be fixed and she was blind and in pain so we put her down she was 11 years old

2 month later my first.dog my Mikey had like a stroke on a Monday took him to the vet they said to monitor him so we did hw had one again the same week on a Friday took him straight to the vet they took him up to make him stable while we were talking to the vet about possible issues vet nurse ran in said he is having a heart attack come quick ww went and he was gone by the time we got there poor dog .. tbh his options prior to that wasn't good the vet said he might of had cancer on the lungs cause I think we had done an x ray .. plus we went to rhe same place we put Keira down in the same room and we knew it would be bad and it would of been 10 times harder to put him down
Old 05-29-2023, 08:21 PM
Moderator Manager

I never had cats as pets. My parents hated them so we never had cats. I don't hate them but I just prefer dogs more. Cats are usually left on their own right? And they come back if they get hungry?

Keira... I don't think I'll recover from that. 11 years is a long time in doggie life.

Poor Mikey. I guess he's a sickly dog. How did you know he was having a seizure? What are the signs to look for? I think bigger dogs are prone to a lot of health issues compared to small dogs. Of course it also depends on how you take care of them and the food they eat (which is important).

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 11:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I never had cats as pets. My parents hated them so we never had cats. I don't hate them but I just prefer dogs more. Cats are usually left on their own right? And they come back if they get hungry?

Keira... I don't think I'll recover from that. 11 years is a long time in doggie life.

Poor Mikey. I guess he's a sickly dog. How did you know he was having a seizure? What are the signs to look for? I think bigger dogs are prone to a lot of health issues compared to small dogs. Of course it also depends on how you take care of them and the food they eat (which is important).
I had cats first so I do love them and yes some can be cuddle and be with you but they are teenagers leave them alone come to you when they need you .

Yes kiera my poor baby prior to her getting diabetes she was healthy I thought she would outlive my older dog mikey but she didn't... but she was in pain so it was thw right thing to do.

Mikey was the longest 13 years , he calapsed in our house just fell down and was kind weird on his walks like he was only using one side of his legs
Old 05-31-2023, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Our last cat passed at 19. The cat we still have is 19 this year. My dog was 12 earlier this year. I still refer to them as babies

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 08:28 PM
Moderator Manager

I've read some stories and also with my friends who are cat owners. Some of them get aggressive and can scratch you anytime.

Yeah I understand about Keria and it had to be done.

Oh so Mikey lived long too? Gosh I'm scared because my doggie will be 13 next year. I just got back from the vet today for his check-up. He's generally okay but I told the vet "okay for now" and she just nervously laughed. I keep telling my dog to hang on because I will lose it when that day comes.

Old 06-01-2023, 02:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Our last cat passed at 19. The cat we still have is 19 this year. My dog was 12 earlier this year. I still refer to them as babies
Wow 19 that's amazing I hope and pray my cat live that long:love;

12 still good some dogs can go to 15 years

Quote:
I've read some stories and also with my friends who are cat owners. Some of them get aggressive and can scratch you anytime.

Yeah I understand about Keria and it had to be done.

Oh so Mikey lived long too? Gosh I'm scared because my doggie will be 13 next year. I just got back from the vet today for his check-up. He's generally okay but I told the vet "okay for now" and she just nervously laughed. I keep telling my dog to hang on because I will lose it when that day comes.
See I don't think cats are had I think the owner doesn't know their cat ..

Yeah poor kiki , yeah Mikey was 13 good long years is your dog sick ?
Old 06-01-2023, 09:10 PM
Moderator Manager

That's what I think too. A lot of this mindset also has to do with my parents. I grew up not liking cats because they hate them. When I got older, I thought they are okay but I'm still not fond of them. Like I won't go over and pet cats the way I pet dogs.

We went to the vet because of his regular check-ups. I always talk to my dog and just tell him to hang on because he's getting weak and it's a struggle for him to stand up from a lying down position so it's me just being dramatic to my dog. My cousin told me to prepare myself but really what for? I know I will still be devastated when that time comes.

Old 06-04-2023, 02:38 AM
Moderator Support Team

Cats can be cool find the right cat .

Here's the thing my sister did that we thought we we're prepared but ww weren't you can be sadly
Old 06-04-2023, 09:55 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm trying to prepare myself because just seeing him like this makes me sad. He sleeps a lot now and doesn't play so much anymore. Sometimes he doesn't want to walk and prefers to sleep. This is also the first time I've had a dog this long.

Old 06-07-2023, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope everyone is having a good week so far
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2023, 07:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I'm trying to prepare myself because just seeing him like this makes me sad. He sleeps a lot now and doesn't play so much anymore. Sometimes he doesn't want to walk and prefers to sleep. This is also the first time I've had a dog this long.
that's sad but comes with old age
Old 06-13-2023, 09:39 PM
Moderator Manager

I just got back from my work trip. How are things with you lately, Petra?

Old 06-15-2023, 05:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I just got back from my work trip. How are things with you lately, Petra?
Oh nice how was it??

Been good looking into doing something for my bday weekend , getting a tattoo hopefully

Sad news a groomer wt my job has resigned, and she is super talented but had lost the spark and is tired whixh I get just very shocked . One side I can pick up more shifts but she was amazing
Old 06-16-2023, 08:56 PM
Moderator Manager

I was in Tokyo. It was my first time there. It was raining a bit but we still managed to go out when it stopped raining. Also I love Japanese food so I was in heaven.

Oooohh, what tattoo do you plan on getting?

How long did the groomer work there?

Old 06-17-2023, 02:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I was in Tokyo. It was my first time there. It was raining a bit but we still managed to go out when it stopped raining. Also I love Japanese food so I was in heaven.

Oooohh, what tattoo do you plan on getting?

How long did the groomer work there?
Oh nice what food did you eat??

Well something animal based a cat or dog still deciding.

The groomer was 2 years
Reply   Post New Thread