Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Supreme Fan

i totaally cried when Doomsday first aired it was so unbelievably sad and then i had to go to my friends sleepover i really couldnt cope so im dreading it this time if im to cry i rarley cry at sad stuff on the tv hehe
Old 06-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am going to make sure i have plenty boxes of hankies for the final episode if its going to be really really sad. i cry easily Doomsday just thinking about it makes feel teary.

Only 2 days to new episode

Avi from davidtennant.com
Old 06-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sure I am going to be crying like a baby during all 3 upcoming episodes! Rose's appearance in Partners in Crime already made me all emotionally overwhelmed and teary eyed, so I can't imagine what it is going to be like when she's actually back! and oh don't even get me started on the reunion. The moment these two lay eyes on each other again for the first time? I'll be GONE. You'll be able to mop me off the floor!

And those are HAPPY things I don't even want to know what state I'll be in when things start crashing down again eventually...
Old 06-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

But if you melt, you won't be able to see the end of the... actually, that probably is a good idea. Maybe I'll dissolve into a pile of squee, too, die happy and avoid all the inevitable heartache.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoptheqtip (View Post)
But if you melt, you won't be able to see the end of the... actually, that probably is a good idea. Maybe I'll dissolve into a pile of squee, too, die happy and avoid all the inevitable heartache.
YES!! See, that's the smart thing to do. Just stop after the reunion and all the lovey dovey stuff (yes, I'm still being a delusional shipper. We ARE getting some happiness before it all goes to hell, dammit!!) and we'll be able to pretend that all is wonderful for all eternity!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
YES!! See, that's the smart thing to do. Just stop after the reunion and all the lovey dovey stuff (yes, I'm still being a delusional shipper. We ARE getting some happiness before it all goes to hell, dammit!!) and we'll be able to pretend that all is wonderful for all eternity!
I wish I had your willpower if you can just stop! I will be watching every last second of those 3 episodes.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Yeah. Last year, I missed two minutes of Blink (damn the BBC constantly moving the times about) and I was totally gutted. It's so sad. I haven't missed a single microsecond of it. I even stick around for five minutes afterward, in case there's an extra preview or anything.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha yes, I was being highly sarcastic. There is no way I couldn't watch. Even if I'd know beforehand that everyone would die a horrible bloody death, and that it would eat my soul just watching it, I couldn't stay away. This show has me completely, even if I sometimes wish it didn't.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I'm just hooked. If you'd told me two years ago, I'd be addicted to Doctor Who of all shows and it would be my favourite show of all time, I would have laughed and laughed. And then laughed some more. Yeah, prejudices totally suck. I should have learned a lesson from this, but I really haven't.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

I hate when the BBC screw the times around, I always seem to be missing the first minute or so these days.

I'm really avoiding spoilers now, I want any heartbreak to be a shock, which is wierd, I think I secretly like torturing myself.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

It won't really affect you properly if you know it's going to happen. It just ruins it (they're called spoilers because they spoil the experience, IMO). The thing that's made me decide that is the Master's return in Utopia- if I was spoilt for that, it would have completely ruined it for me. So, it's made me a bit of a spoiler-phobe (though I can't resist most of the set photos).
Old 06-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

I think spoilers can be fun, but anything important I stay well clear of.

Sometimes though I can forget about spoilers and just be drawn in, like when I first watched Doomsday I knew of what happens to Rose, but I still reacted really emotionally for what was only my second full episode of DW ever.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I knew about the Master coming back and I didn't mind that to be honest...

But I don't want to know ANYTHING about the Doctor/Rose reunion, I don't want to know when exactly it'll happen, or how, or ANYTHING. I want to be completely surprised by that and same goes for anything else these coming few episodes really... Up till about a week ago, I read every single spoiler I could find, but I'm staying away from them now
Old 06-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

See, I was expecting Rose to die. That sounds awful, but I was. So, even though I knew she was leaving, the way she left was a total surprise to me. The non-specific spoilers, I can live with, but, say, "Davros is revealed to be Adam Mitchell, 39 minutes into the episode", I can't.

Quote:
I knew about the Master coming back and I didn't mind that to be honest...
I would have. For me, the best thing about Utopia was that I didn't know it was a three-parter and didn't know he was coming back in Utopia.
Old 06-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I knew practically nothing before watching Doomsday, the only thing I knew was that it would be really really sad. People had told me to get tissues for it, and I was like "Yeah yeah okay" not REALLY expecting to cry my heart out like I did I watched all of season 1 and 2 in the span of a week, I knew hardly anything about the show before I started and I didn't look anything up while watching either, so I didn't even know Billie would leave when I watched Doomsday! So that was a complete and utter shock, and while it really broke my heart, I don't think I would've wanted it any other way.

Quote:
For me, the best thing about Utopia was that I didn't know it was a three-parter and didn't know he was coming back in Utopia.
Oh no, I didn't know that either. I had no idea Derek Jacobi was also the Master! I only knew about John Simm, because I was already a fan of his since Life on Mars and I got so excited when I heard he was going to be on DW that I went and read any and all spoilers concerning him, but yeah I didn't realise until the very end that Prof. Yana was also the Master. So I was still quite surprised by that.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread