Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe. But I thought only Time Lords could regenerate. She's Gallifreyan, but I don't know if she ever went to the academy.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Maybe. But I thought only Time Lords could regenerate. She's Gallifreyan, but I don't know if she ever went to the academy.
Hmm thats something that always needed exploring tbh... with the 50th anniversary coming up, it would be nice to have a nod-back to the beginnings... and he did say he would come back... yes he would come back...
Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Absolute Fan

I found this Tumblr post about the Doctor/River's relationship, and specially the Doctor's feelings SO epic that I want to link it here

And my body was loosened, I almost saved your life

enjoy!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Hi. So sorry, but

I'm American and haven't seen a single episode of classic Who, and I'm sure no amount of wikipedia reading will really fill it all in for me...but I thought "Time Lord" was the race? So "Gallifreyan" and "Time Lord" could be used interchangably? If so, then Susan would be able to regenerate right?

(And OMG that would be awesome if the new companion was Susan!)
Old 04-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
Hi. So sorry, but

I'm American and haven't seen a single episode of classic Who, and I'm sure no amount of wikipedia reading will really fill it all in for me...but I thought "Time Lord" was the race? So "Gallifreyan" and "Time Lord" could be used interchangably? If so, then Susan would be able to regenerate right?

(And OMG that would be awesome if the new companion was Susan!)
this might help, it is from the Tardis wikia

Quote:
The term Gallifreyan was often used interchangeably with Time Lord, despite indications that not all Gallifreyans were members of the Time Lord society. The Gallifreyan species existed for aeons before the time of Rassilon and Omega, the founders of Time Lord society.
Quote:
I.M. Foreman stated that Time Lords were a separate species due to Rassilon's intervention. (EDA: Interference - Book One) The Eleventh Doctor and Vastra said that the Gallifreyans evolved into Time Lords via exposure to the Time Vortex and the Untempered Schism over billions of years. (DW: A Good Man Goes to War)

Time Lords and Gallifreyans regarded the Flower of Remembrance as an omen of death. (EDA: The Ancestor Cell)

Within the Capitol

Even within the Time Lord sanctum of the Capitol, "plebeian classes" existed. (DW: The Deadly Assassin)

This reference may well indicate the presence of ordinary Gallifreyans, rather than just Time Lords, in the Capitol. In fact, it remains unclear whether particular groups, like the Chancellory Guard belong to the Time Lord or one of the common Gallifreyan classes.

Outsiders and Outcasts

Living in the wild lands outside the Capitol, bands of Gallifreyans called Outsiders lived a primitive lifestyle, wearing fur skins and using weapons like bows, arrows and spears for hunting food. (DW: The Invasion of Time)

Within the Capitol, rebels known as Shobogans committed petty acts of vandalism. (DW: The Deadly Assassin)
Old 04-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks Yanina!

And OMG, my love of DW just increased exponentially as I read that. Seriously, so freaking awesome.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
I found this Tumblr post about the Doctor/River's relationship, and specially the Doctor's feelings SO epic that I want to link it here

And my body was loosened, I almost saved your life

enjoy!
Glad you enjoyed it, it was a labor of love.

And I do mean a labor, 179 gifs made over the course of five days . . .

Yes, I really made an account just to say that, I am very logical.

I'd love to do one for River but it would be rather abrupt since there's a missing 7-12 years of her life that we don't see in between LKH and Closing Time. And it would go from hate to curiosity to love in about six gifs, kind of pointless to do. And I analyze her enough anyways.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillylalalu (View Post)

I'd love to do one for River but it would be rather abrupt since there's a missing 7-12 years of her life that we don't see in between LKH and Closing Time. And it would go from hate to curiosity to love in about six gifs, kind of pointless to do. And I analyze her enough anyways.
ou em gee it was you I am kinda fangirlin' now awesome job!

Their timeline and story is so intrincated right now that I found this post so helpful and enjoyable. The gifs were totally spot-on and it totally made Doctor/River justice
Old 04-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillylalalu (View Post)

Welcome to the board! I'm Tim Outstanding job on the gifs
Old 04-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Graphics Team

I'm confused. What's everyone talking about?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquelyn (View Post)
I'm confused. What's everyone talking about?
I haven't the foggiest
Old 04-14-2012, 08:56 AM
Graphics Team

Atleast I'm not alone on this.

Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 04-14-2012, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Nice gif
Old 04-17-2012, 10:12 PM
New Fan

I'm bored - so I made a gif. Oh, and I'm new here. Hello!

Old 04-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder what they did for the honeymoon?