Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Create the Next Episode Game

Right, just had an idea. My idea's are usually terrible so be warned . I thought we could design a series of Doctor Who. You can be as detailed or not as you want with your episode, but the idea is, is say I write a detailed synopsis with maybe some quotes/fanfic type thing, and at the end of it, I do a 'Next time trailer', featuring required elements for the next poster to incorperate into their next episode. Then they take those elements, expand it, develop it etc and at the end have a list of required elements for the next poster and so on. You could also have your episode as a 'Part 1' and the following poster has to finish your story.

So for instance:

Flume of Doom

Pre-credits:
Its the year 2488 and thousands of people have travelled from across the galaxy to visit Earth's new theme park. Its been labelled the best in the Universe. Loads of happy families are there. However, there's one ride that has no que whatsover. Thats because, those that go on it, don't return. A teenager decides thats nonsense and decides to go on the Flume of Doom. Him and his friends get strapped into the cart and the ride begins. Its going okay, until they get to this strange looking portal and a voice appears over the tannoy says 'Welcome to the Flume of Doom... fasten your seatbelts because your adventure is really about to begin'. They go through the portal and all you can hear is a scream. The next thing you see is an empty cart return, and a creepy and satisfied grin is one the operator's face.

The Doctor and his companions, Amy and Rory, decide to take a holiday. They go to year 2488, because the best theme park in the galaxy as opened on earth. However, they arrive five years too late. The park is still busy, but there is one ride that stands in the corner, unused. A dusty, old sign stands above it. The Flume of Doom. The Doctor says 'This is meant to be the busiest park in the galaxy, why is no one on this ride? Had I known, I'd have gone to Disneyland on Axlon 4 where there are real talking mice- don't feed them cheese- they bite', he says to Amy. No one will talk to him, until an old man approaches and tells them that the ride is cursed. No one that rides it, ever returns. 'You can still hear the screams, I tells ya!' he says. The Doctor decides to investigate.

He goes into the room where the ride is and he's approached by the same creepy operators from earlier. They insist he goes on the ride. The Doctor asks them, why are they operating a ride that no one goes on... and why is the ride still open? They ignore him and try and force him to go on the ride. They try and pick him up when Amy and Rory arrive with a mallet from one of the games, and goes to hit the abductors but they fade away...

The Doctor decides to find out how this all started. He picks up some readings on his sonic screwdriver and discovers that it was build on Halloween. Overnight. One day it wasn't there, the next it was. Halloween, the Doctor says, is more than a festival, its the idea of evil and scary things (Like the Devil in Satan's Pit) and if applied at a time when evil spirits is at its highest, then it can become a physical thing. Whatever its form, lies in the ride. The only way to find out how those people vanished, and what evil lies within the ride, is to go on the ride itself...

End of Part 1

Next time trailer (Required elements for next poster):

The portal in the ride must be referred to as 'A pan dimensional vortex inducer'

It must be very haloween-like. So ghosts, ghouls, zombies etc.

Rory must win a teddy bear for Amy on one of the games.

Your one can be as developed as mine, less developed or more devolped. Its up to you.

Have fun with it
Reply   Post New Thread