Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2016, 07:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
I don't think it was so much Missy didn't want Clara in The Doctor's life as it was she was hurt The Doctor chose Clara over her. She realized he would kill her for Clara. Not even to save Clara's life but simply because Clara wanted it.

It's why what she did at the end of the episode was such poetic justice. Her thinking was, "You were going to kill me because Clara told you to so now you're going to kill Clara because I tell you to."
she is a crazy women but i did like her
Old 01-27-2016, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Missy is the only person other than Clara I could see The Doctor in a long term relationship with.

Season 9 should've been longer. Especially since they knew it was Clara's last season and haven't yet decided on what the series will be without her. Draw it out then! Imagine if it were 16 episodes or 20 episodes.

We could have gotten an episode set in Germany's Black Forest in the middle ages and it turning out that Missy really is the Wicked Stepmother that the Brothers Grimm heard stories of and put down on paper. Clara looks a bit like Snow White. It could've tied into the s8 episode In the forest of the night. The Doctor referred to Clara as Little Red Riding Hood. They came upon wolves. Maebh in the red jacket (like Red Riding Hood) leaving behind a trail of objects like Hansel & Gretel with the breadcrumbs. They were saved from the tiger by Danny who was basically in the role of the hunter who defeated the Big Bad Wolf.

We could have gotten an episode that is mostly Clara's students speculating what Miss Oswald's life outside of Coal Hill School is like. The whole ep could be their theories. But Missy does something and it causes each story the kids come up with to really happen to The Doctor & Clara.

By the Rassilion! How did I not realize that The Master & The Doctor basically chose the same name! Think about it. While Doctor means "healer" it also means "teacher" and Schoolmaster is "a school teacher." Now Master goes by the feminine Mistress and in a way she's calling herself a female teacher like Clara. Clara's students refer to her as Miss (in the States we always use the teacher's last name and not just the title).

The Doctor & The Master/Mistress both chose names that mean teacher. All because Clara is a teacher. She named both of them!
Old 01-28-2016, 04:07 PM
Absolute Fan

Have you seen the classic serials with the Master when he was in his prime?
CommanderM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

No, my laptop is rubbish at downloads/streaming.

I need to meet a Whovian in possession of each season on dvd.

Years ago when I used to babysit at my eldest sister's house, I should've taken better advantage of her huge flatscreen tv and Netflix account. That was how I watched An unearthly child. I should have gone on a Doctor Who marathon. Now she lives in California.
Old 01-28-2016, 10:56 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
No, my laptop is rubbish at downloads/streaming.

I need to meet a Whovian in possession of each season on dvd.

Years ago when I used to babysit at my eldest sister's house, I should've taken better advantage of her huge flatscreen tv and Netflix account. That was how I watched An unearthly child. I should have gone on a Doctor Who marathon. Now she lives in California.
OK sorry about that. I ask because the Master and the Doctor were meant to be more like feuding brothers than lovers. I dont see personally any real reason to change that now he is a female. I can recommend story titles from the classic series to feature the Master if you like..
Old 01-28-2016, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

I think what really started people shipping Doctor/Master was season 3. RTD clearly wanted a little homoerotic subtext.

things like...

The Master: Doctor.
The Doctor: Master.
The Master (flirty voice): I like it when you say my name.

later in the convseration...

The Master: Are you asking me out on a date?

I'm perfectly fine keeping it sibling-esque. Or Brotp. It's one of those that I can see it both ways. So rare. I usually love a ship or hate it. But Doctor/Master or Doctor/Missy it's more like if they do it then that's great but if they don't I don't care.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I think what really started people shipping Doctor/Master was season 3. RTD clearly wanted a little homoerotic subtext.

things like...

The Master: Doctor.
The Doctor: Master.
The Master (flirty voice): I like it when you say my name.

later in the convseration...

The Master: Are you asking me out on a date?

I'm perfectly fine keeping it sibling-esque. Or Brotp. It's one of those that I can see it both ways. So rare. I usually love a ship or hate it. But Doctor/Master or Doctor/Missy it's more like if they do it then that's great but if they don't I don't care.
Thank you. Because they were meant to be rival Time Lords above and beyond such concepts as sex and lust and homoerotic subtext. I did not like John Simm playing the Master like that in The Sound of Drums and think it caused more damage than good. It wouldnt have worked with Roger Delgado or Anthony Ainley who both played the Master in the 1970s and 1980s respectively.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
Thank you. Because they were meant to be rival Time Lords above and beyond such concepts as sex and lust and homoerotic subtext. I did not like John Simm playing the Master like that in The Sound of Drums and think it caused more damage than good. It wouldnt have worked with Roger Delgado or Anthony Ainley who both played the Master in the 1970s and 1980s respectively.
see i think the subtext side is just a new bromance thing i didnt mind Simms at teh start than they made him crazy
Old 01-29-2016, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Confession: I absolutely love bromances

As a bisexual female you would think I'd see more subtext in f/f relationships in cinema but I almost never do. Bromances (m/m friends with romantic subtext) are just written way better and often have better chemistry.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Confession: I absolutely love bromances

As a bisexual female you would think I'd see more subtext in f/f relationships in cinema but I almost never do. Bromances (m/m friends with romantic subtext) are just written way better and often have better chemistry.
yes it really is its a better friendship and less anoying than an actual romantic relationship
Old 02-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Are we talking about an emphsis on the bro and less emphasis on the mance?
Old 02-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Any and all, actually. Bromances in general are just written and filmed better. Some I don't want to get together. Others I ship ardently.

Sherlock & John (Sherlock) ---- love the relationship, don't care either way if they get together

House & Wilson (House) --- love the relationship, glad they didn't get together

Sean & Christian (Nip/Tuck) --- love the relationship, would've okay if they got together

Turk & JD (Scrubs) --- love the relationship, don't want them together

Cory & Shawn (Boy meets world) --- love the relationship, didn't want them together

Dean & Castiel (Supernatural) --- love the relationship, want them together

Hannibal & Will (Hannibal) --- love the relationship, happy it went canon in the end

Most bromances work so well because without the issue that plagues many a hetero ship (jumping into bed together) they were able to explore every facet of the intellectual, emotional, and physical connection. It's cerebral and sensual instead of just mushy and sexual.

The only f/f friendship I've seen like that is Meredith & Cristina (Grey's Anatomy). I especially love when Meredith said to her, "Derek is the love of my life but you're my soulmate."
Old 02-06-2016, 12:03 AM
Absolute Fan

As long as we are not talking about a sexual relationship (without the bed hopping) then i guess I can understand that. The Doctor and the Master are like sparring partners, only the Master in his early days actually wanted to kill the Doctor.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
As long as we are not talking about a sexual relationship (without the bed hopping) then i guess I can understand that. The Doctor and the Master are like sparring partners, only the Master in his early days actually wanted to kill the Doctor.
lol yes no bromance is more on the friendship lol well i prefer freindship

Willy Scrubs
Old 02-07-2016, 12:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Any and all, actually. Bromances in general are just written and filmed better. Some I don't want to get together. Others I ship ardently.
See, I dont do ships. Im not a shipper. Thats just not who I am or what I do. But I can appreciate that others dont think like me who do ship.
Reply   Post New Thread