Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 03:53 AM
Elite Fan

I think I am enjoying Eleven much more when he is all bonkers and funny. Angst is good but I am still associating that with Ten
So it is really good to see him like that
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish the final double ep was over one night!
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:19 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, I am sure that wish will be even bigger after next week's episode
It probably will be something like: Pandorica opens and the Doctor looks at what is inside, saying "No. No. That can't be!" with tears in his eyes and then BANG! TBC!

I mean, they have to be bigger and better than the almost-regeneration of Ten in series 4
|it's about time
Old 06-13-2010, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I almost don't want to watch next week, save it for 2 weeks time... almost, but I know that's not gonna happen.

I've liked the season so far, I know some haven't but after almost nothing last year it's been a nice ride. Still hope Rory comes back or is restored when/if they fix the time crack but with Amy in the next series that may not happen or knowing the show it could happen but not for another year.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

I don't even want to talk about how much I liked this series before I have watched all of it. I have liked some episodes much more than others but ... I am going to wait with my final 'judgement'

I was just watching the extra bits with James Cordon and I would really like for Craig to come back, too at some point. Maybe travel with the Doctor in the TARDIS for a bit
|it's about time
Old 06-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

Loved this ep. I got a kind of Blink-ish vibe from the ep, since it was about a pair of characters that weren't the Doctor, and how the Doctor's appearance changed their lives. Except, unlike Blink in this ep the Doctor also had a big role to play. I also loved the eccentric Doctor stuff, where he tries to be normal and both succeeds and fails at the same time. He was also doing this thing in the ep where he seemed clueless one second, then extremely observant in the next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Almeida (View Post)
I mean, they have to be bigger and better than the almost-regeneration of Ten in series 4
I'm sorry, but that was the worst cliffhanger ever. If the Doctor's going to regenerate, make him regenerate, don't make him magically able to regenerate back into the same incarnation. Regeneration is supposed to be a serious, dramatic moment, not something you play around with like that. It wouldn't take much for this year's series finale to beat S4 for me, and I'm sure it won't disappoint ... Moffat has laid down some juicy threads that need tying up in this finale, and I'm sure he'll do it with style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Still hope Rory comes back or is restored when/if they fix the time crack but with Amy in the next series that may not happen or knowing the show it could happen but not for another year.
Unfortunately, I doubt Rory will be brought back from the dead, but he definitely has some part to play in the finale. As we suspected, the engagement ring is still around and it's going to have some sort of significant part in the next ep.

By the way, did anyone else think that when Amy found that ring in the Doctor's pocket, she might get the wrong idea (in a sitcom sort of way) that maybe the Doctor planned to propose to someone, like maybe her? From her reaction though, I doubt that's what she was thinking.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
By the way, did anyone else think that when Amy found that ring in the Doctor's pocket, she might get the wrong idea (in a sitcom sort of way) that maybe the Doctor planned to propose to someone, like maybe her? From her reaction though, I doubt that's what she was thinking.
I was thinking about that too
or maybe she thought he was going to propose to River Song?

but I like the thought of him proposing to Amy more ofcourse

MUSIC / TV SHOWS / MOVIES
dreamer extraordinaire. happy wife.
Mimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah River Song is a possibility in Amy's mind.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Okay, so maybe I'm a bit thick ... I was rewatching this ep, and the Doctor's getting dressed for football, and I'm thinking .. "Why is he wearing #11? Is there some significance to that, some famous English footballer who wears that number? Oh, wait ... 11th Doctor, obviously."

That's pretty clever scheduling that they managed to put that football bit into this ep (it couldn't have happened in any other ep), then scheduled this ep during World Cup.

The only other time I can remember a Doctor doing something like this was the Fifth Doctor playing cricket in the story Black Orchid.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't even notice the #11 but I haven't had time to rewatch it... yes nice timing with the soccer, I love the bit they did on that in the confidential ep
Old 06-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Extreme Fan

yeah that was cool how they fitted the Soccer in there
ahahh and the bit in the Confidental was so fun

MUSIC / TV SHOWS / MOVIES
dreamer extraordinaire. happy wife.
Mimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Finally a new episode on bbcA!
loved Craig in this episode, but as a doctor who ep.... the ending was a let down. I was all excited about this thing sucking up people and the creepy little girl etc... but just having it be a neotardis thing didn't really wow me.

I liked how the doctor was trying to be human and was just so awkward he doesn't quite have the same finesse as previous doctors with the telepathy. I guess knocking heads is relatively the same as touching someone's temples...but boy that looked like it hurt!

next ep looks like a crazy doozy! (i wonder if that promo was just for the next episode or for the rest of the series....)

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Teriberri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

I think it's just a promo for the next ep.

But speaking of promos ... I avoided the series promo at the end of The Eleventh Hour initially, thinking it would spoil the first half of the series (as past series promos have done). In fact, it spoils the entire series, there's at least one shot from each ep in the promo.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I think it's just a promo for the next ep.

But speaking of promos ... I avoided the series promo at the end of The Eleventh Hour initially, thinking it would spoil the first half of the series (as past series promos have done). In fact, it spoils the entire series, there's at least one shot from each ep in the promo.
ah, I think I saw that promo for the series, but luckily I forgot most of the scenes, so I think I should be good, I hope it goes out with a big exciting ending, because I'm still not totally swayed by 11.... new ep tomorrow

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Teriberri21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread