Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

PH DVR ratings are still strong. The 2.21 episode went from 2.1 to 3.0

Matt Roush is annoying, especially when he asks for a credit for prising FNL after bashing PH.

Last edited by Danke; 05-02-2011 at 11:59 AM
Old 05-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
NBC schedules Parenthood event for Thursday after their Monday upfronts; good news for a season three?
Jennifer Arrow from E! Online
icon: Permanent_99
Old 05-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, that's really interesting..that does look like very good hope for season 3!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

very interesting. I don´t doubt there will be 3rd season but I´m interested in what kind of event is that.....and yay.lol

Old 05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't think I understand what they mean by PH event. Is it like a party or something? Or is it something on tv, although Thursday seems like a strange day for that. I don't know- I'm just confused.

And honestly, I don't even find myself sweating the upfronts anymore- haven't for awhile now. I just don't see the show being cancelled.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Master Fan

Goldderby is planning to do an Emmy video interview with Monica....

Quote:
And honestly, I don't even find myself sweating the upfronts anymore- haven't for awhile now. I just don't see the show being cancelled.
yeah, after the final ratings I´m not worried at all.

ETA: and this is from USA Today
Quote:
Keep: Parenthood. For all its good intentions, Parenthood has never quite jelled: Too many situations seem strained, and too many casting choices seem misjudged. But it clearly does work for some devoted fans, who have embraced its vision of family life. Since no other current show attempts to fill the family-drama niche, that's reason enough to support it. Keeping Lauren Graham on TV is a bonus.

Last edited by Danke; 05-03-2011 at 12:34 AM
Old 05-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
Thanks!
I'm also curious about this. And is it in NY or LA?
If renewal wasn't such a sure thing, it could just be a nice farewell gesture to a stellar cast.

Katka, goldderby isn't having Lauren over for a chat, by any chance? Monica's funny, though and can accidently blurt stuff out, so it could be interesting (if it's not edited).

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

Anyone know when they'll make an announcement about the show coming back (or not) ?

CastleBeckett
Heidi

LJ.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafatel (View Post)
Anyone know when they'll make an announcement about the show coming back (or not) ?
May 16....or the week before.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
May 16....or the week before.
Ok, thanks

CastleBeckett
Heidi

LJ.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Finally an airing date for Parenthood in France The show will start on May 23 and will be on EVERY day (except for wednesdays) at 4.35 pm (and it's replacing Dirty Sexy Money).
Old 05-03-2011, 06:30 AM
Master Fan

Emmy campaign is starting. From Variety

Quote:
Universal Media Studios is ramping up its Emmy campaign, trying to reach TV Academy members both in their home and at multiplexes. Looking for some Emmy love on skeins such as "Parenthood," "Parks and Recreation" and "Friday Night Lights," among others, UMS will allow voters -- through the use of personalized codes -- to view full seasons of shows online. According to UMS, the effort marks the first time a studio has allowed voters to have access to all episodes of a show digitally. In addition, the studio will run promos of its skeins at multiplexes throughout Los Angeles (mostly on the Westside, San Fernando Valley and Hollywood), unspooling prior to a film's trailers. A "For Your Consideration" banner will appear at the end of each promo. "We want to remind Academy members of the work being done," UMS publicity topper Curt King told Variety. "It's really important to the creative folks. Also, putting a sticker that says 'Emmy Award winner' on a DVD can bring value on the store shelves." TV Acad members living in L.A.'s Westside will also come across digital billboards touting UMS fare. And there will be an increased social-media presence through Facebook and Twitter. Last year NBC worked with Bloomingdale's department store and dressed mannequins to resemble prominent characters in UMS shows. King said UMS won't necessarily be spending more money this time around compared to past Emmy seasons but will be redistributing funds in shaking up how best to get the word out. "We want people to watch the product," King said. "If they watch it, they'll vote for it."

and yay for France. I think the viewers will be confused when they see Peter in both shows.lol

Old 05-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Finally an airing date for Parenthood in France The show will start on May 23 and will be on EVERY day (except for wednesdays) at 4.35 pm (and it's replacing Dirty Sexy Money).
yay!!
c'est pas trop tôt!
Old 05-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the Emmy campaign news, Katka!
Maybe that's what the Phood event is for, to get more press attention out there for some Emmy buzz.

I don't recall the rules for show/actor Emmy submissions, but if I were Lauren, Peter or Max or even Monica, I'd have a hard time choosing an episode to submit.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 05-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for all of the info. I have pretty much come to the conclusion that there will be a season 3, but I really want to see it in writing before I fully commit to it. With the E! Online one, it pretty much says that there will be a season 3 other wise, why would they schedule a Parenthood event (whatever it may be) after the upfronts? Sounds good to me. I loved the USA Today one with their "Keeping Lauren Graham on TV is a bonus". I agree. And I sure do hope that everthing that Variety says will help Parenthood get some nominations this year. They sure do deserve them.

Yay for France getting Parenthood and 6 days a week. Wow. Sorry for Dirty Sexy Money, though. Oh, well, Peter does get to stay.