Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Elite Fan

Parenthood - Episode 2.22 - "Hard Times Come Again No More" - April 19 - Season Finale!

Quote:
"Hard Times Again No More" (TV-14)
Season finale! Sarah's play debuts in the aftermath of Amber's accident; Crosby puts it all on the line; and Adam and Kristina have big surprises in store.
Source

icon: Permanent_99
Old 04-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Lauren already has me bawling!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Lauren already has me bawling!
I don't know what's wrong with me but I rarely feel like bawling during this show. Maybe I'm just insensitive. Anyway, I liked the episode but did think it was really predictable. I mean, Kristina being the one who's pregnant was not surprising at all. I also think Amber didn't deserve to get off so easily and really hasn't learned a lesson at all. The one storyline that I wasn't sure which direction they would go in was the Crosby/Jasmine one.

Oh, and pet peeve of mine- why do they always portray women in labor as being raving lunatics? Seriously, I've given birth twice and neither I nor any of the other women in the maternity ward screamed like that woman did tonight.

Anyway, sorry if I'm making it seem like I didn't like this episode because that isn't true at all. I did like it. I just didn't think it was all that surprising.

Oh, I guess I was a tiny bit surprised by Adam being fired but really you can't just go around yelling at your boss like that and expect to get away with it. Granted, the guy's a spaced-out moron, but still. Adam needs to go to some anger management classes.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow, I definately cried... Lauren had me crying, Zeek had me crying....I had to take off my glasses... and that made it difficult to see... Now I will have to watch it again to see what I have missed. It was a very powerful episode. Lauren rocked it. I really think she deserves an emmy. I thought that the story played out very well. Everyone definately being angry with Amber and her realizing the effect what she did had on everyone. Having said that when they come back next season(I'm being optimistic) Amber should be under some sort of punishment...at least watched heavily. As for Crosby and Jasmine.... they went with the old saying if you love something let it go if it comes back to you it is yours if it doesn't in never was. Anyway, I loved the show, I hope we got good ratings even though it was against NCIS LA...repeat.

Debbie: I didn't scream like that when I was in labor, but I did almost break my husband's hand and I cussed him out heavily.. I had all back labor.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Seriously, Lauren, Peter and Mae are the best ones from this show.

I really liked the episode. Made me laugh, almost made me cry... I'm happy with it. Although some things were a bit unnecessary, like Sydney's teacher giving birth for example...

I loved Sarah's play. I couldn't help smiling when Zeek said "Author, Author!!".

You don't need an invitation to your own life
Old 04-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Passionate Fan

I have to rewatch the play part. I tend to get tired towards the end of the episodes and miss some things. I'd love to see the show changed to 9pm when it comes back in the fall. Note my confidence.

And yeah, the acting in this show is amazing. So many people deserve recognition. Lauren, Peter and Mae are number one on my list as far as that is concerned. They really are a talented bunch.

I will miss this show over the break.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

I cried a lot. Craig. Lauren. Peter. Mae. ALL OF YOU ARE SO GOOD.

Sadly, I thought this was a really good possible series finale. Here's hoping we get to see a new tiny little Braverman!! (though, poor Julia. OUCH).
Old 04-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

Okay, honestly I expected the finale to be more touching. It certainly had its moment but the whole episode felt rushed to me especially the storylines of Amber and Sarah. Amber was out of the hopital in like no time. And just a short rehearsal scene for Sarahs play didn't do it for me. I mean the whole play writing, rehearsal and actual play happened in like 5 episodes. I would have liked to see Seth in the hospital talking with Sarah.

I still don't care for Julia or Crosby but at least Julia was watchable today.

My favourite scene in the finale was definitely Adam's reaction to Kristina's pregnancy. Well played by Peter. You could see relief, worry, excitement all written on his face at the same time. Of course they had to add the job situation to the plot, seems like just getting pregnant unexpectantly isn't enough in TV land except for when you're a teen. I'm very glad they didn't go that road with Haddie btw.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Perfect episode.

It was good that they didn't make up with Amber at the hospital, and it took a visit to the junk yard with Zeek and then the play for Amber to break down. The play was great, love how Zeek was a part of it and how the little comments the family made during the play. Like that she made up with Drew first I just wish we has a call from Seth.

The start was powerful and spot on, even Max was great giving a great performance, love how he apologized at the end to Sarah and they sat together. Crosby talking to jasmine was good, about time and the picture was a nice touch. It was good that she came to see the house in the end and talk. I think they'll be okay. Also fun fact, Dax is a huge fan of the Smokey and the Bandit movies and Crosby was watching it on his laptop when Joel bought Jasmine over.

Julia helping Ms Wu from last season, love that she went from accepting her life and no more children to wanting to adopt, so I guess a surrogate baby is out of the question?

And Kristina is the one knocked up! Strait for the movie Adam cracking up in the end, just like Steve Martin in the movie if I remember right after he was 'let go'. I guess all the main characters have story lines to continue in to next season. Knock on wood the powers that be at NBC give the show a 3rd year of quality drama.

Other notes, the exterior of the hospital, was that Sacred Harts from Scrubs? Julia talking to Kristina in the hospital "Damn he's good in a crisis" and saying she looked different. Max finding his retainer in the end.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

I knew it was going to be Kristina that was pregnant. And I also predicted that they would take Julia down the adoption route.

Great episode and I don't think they left any cliffhangers really. They left story lines open, but not unresolved.

I really really really hope this is renewed though. I'm almost sure it will be.

It's funny, Craig, you mentioned how Kristina's pregnancy is straight from the movie. I have almost forgotten that this show is even based on the movie. It was so clear in the beginning of season 1, but I've totally separated them in my mind. But you are right.

And the car crash too, really. When Todd crashes his race car (in the movie). Although obviously in the movie, the daughter (Amber's role) boyfriend is the one who crashed, not the daughter. But the crash is what brought the family together.

I'm going to miss this over the summer.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

After reading the raves about Lauren in the reviews and all over twitter I thought this would be THE episode for Lauren, you know, but then I saw it and felt she was hardly in it. She wouldn´t even get 10min of screentime for submission. yep, the acting was great but not really a submition material, sadly. They could focus less on Crosby and the lady giving birth and give us more Lauren. I felt the way from hospital to stage was rushed, but I expected it.
Love the part when Sarah went on stage. I´m sure they didn´t have to tell the compars to cheer for Lauren when she went up there.hihi Also did they let the stand-ins to play the Bravermans in the play? they all looked identical.lol

and boy was I shocked to see Amber on the hospital bed. Im used that in all tv shows the pacients are always clean with no blood whatsoever.lol

Liked Zeeks speech but didn´t really feel that much about it because during his heartful speech, the only thing I could think about was "hm, you certainly didn´t care for your dream when you cheated on your wife"....

Loved Adam´s reaction to the pregnancy and his laugh to the absurdity of the whole situation.

And boy, you sure have expensive retainers in US.lol

And sadly, I thought this could serve as a serie finale as well, no cliffhangers and all...

Last edited by Danke; 04-19-2011 at 11:36 PM
Old 04-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here is the music.
http://www.nbc.com/parenthood/music/

FYI they have a playable link for the final song and depending what add-ons you have you can grab the mpeg and making it into an mp3 just by changing the extension.

ETA - I assume Gary didn't die in the crash.

Good point about Zeeks speech Katka

I'll have to check but I think Adam's reaction to the pregnancy is similar to Steve Martian in the Movie.

Quote:
Well thats the US health system for you.

A few weeks back 30 Rock made jokes about it, related to the Canadian health system.

Last edited by lancer1993; 04-20-2011 at 01:57 AM
Old 04-20-2011, 01:45 AM
Extreme Fan

I enjoyed this episode! good season finale.
but i was kind of expecting a bit more drama, maybe. idk.

Loved Adams reaction to Kristinas pregnancy. that was great. (I was so greatful that is was not haddie)

Lauren was great always, i wish she would have had more screen time tho.

i liked the scene with Zeek and Amber, that certinly did something to her.

it was sad that Adam got fired, but also not.. cus things didn`t go welll between him and the new boss.. very bad match. it`s better for Adam to start over with something else.

happy for crosby and jasim.. i was so ready for that storyline to move forward.

glad julia/joel decdied to adopt.

this episode did feel like a season finale but could also work a series finale. and i agree with those of you who said it felt a bit rushed.

now we have to cross our fingers for a s3.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
When one of my dogs ate my daughter's retainer a few years ago it cost us $35 to replace it. Granted, it was a retainer for just the top, not top and bottom- but still. $700 seems high to me.

Craig, seriously? Can you not ever pass up the opportunity to make a disparaging remark about the US? I had to walk away from my computer for about a half hour after reading your US health system comment. I was afraid I might break every FF rule in my reply.

For those who said they were expecting this to be a bigger episode for Lauren- I agree! I did think it was a decent one for her though. I long ago accepted the fact that this is a show with a huge ensemble. There were definitely better episodes this season for Lauren and Emmy consideration.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was a joke but the fact is the US Health system is seen as a joke by the majority of the western world. Now maybe $700 was a crazy price and they have a bad health care provider ripping them off or it's Hollywood out of touch with the rest of the US but do you have to take every thing so serious when I was just following up a comment posted by someone else?

Beside if it wasn't seen as a joke why do shows like 30 Rock poke fun at it?

I think one of Lauren's best 'Emmy' moments was last week with her speech to Adam.

ETA - and just to clarify I'm not saying the health system here in AU is much better. Long waiting times for the public health system or you pay through the roof for a bed and 'elective' procedures which in reality can save your life. And I should know as my dad was in Hospital a few weeks ago and still has problems.

Last edited by lancer1993; 04-20-2011 at 04:31 PM