Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
One thing I've thought about is how much time passes betweeen each eppy? If 2x09 was just before this surely there would have been some mention of Thanksgiving...preparations and such. Sarah says she invited Gordon 'last night', was that the night they went out in 2x09, meaning only a night had passed? It seems like MORE time has passed than that though.
Ah, yes, the special qualities of time and space in the Parenthood universe. Hah! Half the time I can't tell whether it's day or night, or whether all the characters are even on the same timeline, since people seem to be coming to and from school/work either all at the same time, or in no particular order, or there'll be scenes with unexpected lighting, like Adam and Kristina getting ready for bed when it seems like it's broad daylight out their window (not usual in CA) At least all the characters were prepping for and attending the same event this episode, so that wasn't an issue.

I think you're right that more than a day had passed since the last episode: Crosby and Joel seemed to have been stewing about their play fight for awhile, and Haddie and Alex seemed pretty at ease with each other, even more so than at the end of the last episode. I think there were other hits of time passing, but I'll have to watch again to catch them (maybe I'll try to check out shots of Kristina's Kitchen Kalendar in the last couple of episodes)
Old 11-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

GG had the same problem with real time.

I'm think less than a week has passed, I mean Crosby is still doing the play, nothing much had changed at T&S and all the other stories are the same. So how long were Sarah and Gordon together, 2 or 3 weeks?

Yeah weird we got that bit in the opening with Drew and Amber taking about Gordon, yet another scene cut from the show.

Okay just thinking (NOT A SPOILER) but with how Sydney was acting "Why can Max do..." anyone else get the feeling it's a matter of time before Julia/Joel tells her of his condition. I'm assuming Amber and Drew already know. But what if they tell Sydney and then kids being kids Sydney somehow lets Max know? Anyone else annoyed Max doesn't know yet?

BTW do we need the FLV copy put on a download site or something?
Old 11-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
The Zeek/Drew stuff about his grandmother was weird
I'm glad you mentioned this Craig because I forgot to. That was totally inappropriate of Zeek to be speaking of Camille's affair to his grandson. I didn't hear Zeek mentioning his own affair to Drew. I hated that, truly did.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Don't know if I hated it but it was weird and not my favorite scene of the ep, but we did get some decent screen time with Drew, just a shame it took them 10 eps to get there.

The scene with Sarah after the call from Seth was weird to, was she really seeing if Drew had said anything about Gordon? Also I would be nice to get more about Amber and Seth, she really doesn't like her father, while Drew is more forgiving. I kinda had the feeling that Seth did something like cheat on Sarah that Drew doesn't know about.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Don't know if I hated it but it was weird and not my favorite scene of the ep, but we did get some decent screen time with Drew, just a shame it took them 10 eps to get there.

The scene with Sarah after the call from Seth was weird to, was she really seeing if Drew had said anything about Gordon? Also I would be nice to get more about Amber and Seth, she really doesn't like her father, while Drew is more forgiving. I kinda had the feeling that Seth did something like cheat on Sarah that Drew doesn't know about.
I think so too. Well, I think Seth did something terrible that Amber doesn't know about.

Judging by Sarah crying about his drug problem in the pilot, I'd guess that has something to do with it.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I didn't get the impression that Sarah was trying to see if Drew had said anything about Gordon. I thought she was just curious, which is totally understandable. I too am interested in the whole Seth backstory. I imagine we will get it later this season, but I fully expect it will be in bits and pieces, hacked up just like they do with most storylines on this show. Sorry but that is something that still bothers me.

ETA: I'm not sure if they'll go the route of cheating with Seth since they already did that with Zeek. Maybe they'll go more with neglect and possibly violence, given Seth's drug problem. I'd like to see them get edgy with that storyline. This is all speculation on my part, so don't anyone go thinking I'm giving away spoilers or anything. I have no idea what is going to happen.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
I didn't get the impression that Sarah was trying to see if Drew had said anything about Gordon. I thought she was just curious, which is totally understandable. I too am interested in the whole Seth backstory. I imagine we will get it later this season, but I fully expect it will be in bits and pieces, hacked up just like they do with most storylines on this show. Sorry but that is something that still bothers me.

ETA: I'm not sure if they'll go the route of cheating with Seth since they already did that with Zeek. Maybe they'll go more with neglect and possibly violence, given Seth's drug problem. I'd like to see them get edgy with that storyline. This is all speculation on my part, so don't anyone go thinking I'm giving away spoilers or anything. I have no idea what is going to happen.
Violence is certainly possible, given what we know about him. It would explain why Amber is so 'eh' about him.

Anyway, one more thought about the eppy - you guys are right about Zeek talking to Drew. But, I guess he was just looking for someone without the automatic prejudice against him like his children would have.

And I just noticed the Julia.Sarah hug at the end! So cute!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
And I just noticed the Julia.Sarah hug at the end! So cute!
Yes, I loved that moment! I think Julia was showing support and compassion for big sis after her breakup. I like a family that sticks together, like when Sarah spoke up for Adam with Gordon- "he was helping me out"- I enjoyed that.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Music so far...
Quote:
"Islands" The XX
Amber says thanks to Camille / Christina picks up Haddie
"O.P.P." Naughty By Nature
At the end of the episode when Zeke and Camielle watch Sarah, Adam, Crosby and Julia dance around the leftover Thanksgiving dinner.
"Surely" Black Dub
Sarah and Gordon talk about him not telling anyone and about the company sale and then decide to break-up.
Thanks to
Parenthood Music - Season 2 - TuneFind
Old 11-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Master Fan

another time mistake was when Sarah was walking Gordon from his "Porshe" to the house and she told him that Adam told her in the morning he wouldn´t be coming and that she was worried when in reality Adam told her 3 min before his car arrived and she didn´t even have time to worry.lol

And I agree, the talk between Zeek and Drew about Camille was cringe worthy. I sure wouldn´t like to know that my grandma cheated/still has sex.lol
The beer didnt bother me since I was sipping my dad´s beer since I was about 8.lol

I really hope they will do a justice to the future Seth storyline. I want them to go deep with it, not just stay on the surfrace.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

I pretty much echo what everyone else has said about Zeek/Drew etc. The only thing I thought was that perhaps Zeek was trying to get Drew to feel like he could be open with him by starting the conversation and engaging him. Though it was a bit weird to tell him that of all things.

I think I enjoyed this episode most so far, mainly because there were things in it that finally I could identify with within the family dynamic - stuff like getting up really early to start all the preparations and orchestrate the dinner, the children sitting on their own little table to eat and Julia cooking with the laptop next to her I've lost count of how many times I've done that! I don't have any siblings so the sibling stuff I can never quite totally get I suppose, but we did used to spend a lot of time with other families at Christmas etc and it was just like we were a big family for a few days. Maybe a little deep but watching it kind of reminded me you don't need to be blood relatives to be like a family. Ok nauseous stuff out of the way now

I was half expecting Julia to announce she was pregnant for some reason...

Not sure if I'm just being dim but I wasn't totally clear if that was the end of Gordon or not... Maybe not.

Lastly I especially liked the music this episode. Sometimes I feel it's a bit intrusive and it distracts, even though they always chose good stuff. But it felt just right.

Quote:
The song that plays while Drew and Zeek have their first chat is called Diggin Me by Martin Sexton

"...we're flavoured coffee brewing losers"

Last edited by cupcake0; 11-25-2010 at 07:39 AM
Old 11-25-2010, 08:10 AM
New Fan

Big thank you to those who helped me find this weeks episode!! I absolutely loved it! Being from Sweden I don't know much about Thanksgiving but watching this episode really made me wish we did celebrate it here : )
Old 11-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the music update cupcake

FYI the usual *cough* is finally up for those still wanting it
Old 11-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
FYI the usual *cough* is finally up for those still wanting it
Really! I still cant find it

ETA: Never mind i have it! YUS! Super Excited! haha

Last edited by RachelRambles; 11-25-2010 at 01:59 PM
Old 11-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you for the help finding this episode
I really enjoyed this episode. Loved that Drew had more than 10 seconds of screen time. I really liked him and Zeek's chats and Zeek getting Seth to call Drew, but yeah it was a bit weird that he talked to Drew about Camille's affair. Not something i'd want to know about my grandma.
Not that sad to see Gordon go really, although maybe that wasn't the last of him i don't know?
Loved the dancing scene, and when Zeek said to Camille 'at least we did something right.' Loved Adam's sprinkler move or whatever it's called, made me laugh
Krisrina's reaction to Haddie and Alex kissing was funny, i'd be so embarrased if I was Haddie lol.
I love the music on this show, and this week they played one of my favourite songs by The xx.
Also, it annoys when they show scenes in the 'previously on' part that they haven't actually shown. I would have really liked to have seen a conversation between Amber and Drew about Gordon and Sarah.