Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Jo, they didn't remove my birth marks just yet. They will do that in fall. They will cut them out lol. In the hospital, not at the doctor's. I'm already scared for the needles lol.

Katka, I wish people here would just go to a park to relax in the summer. But nobody does. In Amsterdam, yes. Here not so much lol. So I need a balcony or something..

Quote:
Or even the good old Bratwurst with Sauerkraut and potatoes.
Made by our own Ele

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 05-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Master Fan

Denise - I had one bigger mark on my lower back removed. It doesn´t really hurt, it´s a bit uncomfortable, though.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

Today I had 2 PTs working with me, the cute guy and also a woman. I wanted to laugh but didn't when she told me her name. It is Mira. Instantly I thought of Emily's maid Sarah that she kept calling Mira. I know that I will never forget her name. My right arm is still so weak. I have great range when the PT moves it for me, but it is too weak to lift up very far on my own. Everyone was snickering at me when I couldn't do some of the excercises. I am sure that I looked really funny trying to do them. It was okay, though, because they are all a great bunch, both PTs and other patients. I am the newbie there so I guess I am the one to get picked on. Can't wait until I get stronger and there is a new newbie that I can laugh at.

I have had some moles removed but never any birthmarks which I don't have any way. One doctor cut a couple out and I had stitched then another doctor burnt them off and I didn't get stitches. I need to go back to that second doctor to get more removed.

It is really nice out right now with a cool breeze. I think that I am going to get my lunch ready and grab a book and take it out on the deck and enjoy it before it starts to get to hot.

Val, glad you enjoyed seeing Coldplay. I have never seen them in person but I think they are pretty amazing too.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hey gals!

Sorry I have been so MIA lately..been working a lot and sleeping when not working. HA so much fun...

BUT yesterday was exciting. Besides Lauren, my favorite actress in the world is Mariska Hargitay and I met her in Bloomingdales yesterday. She was very very sweet and I took a picture with her and everything. I felt a little old ( everyone else there was in high school) but I don't care. She's my hero and it was really exciting!

Besides that, it's my birthday on Wednesday. Another year older...woo hoo...

Hope you all are well!
Sarah
Old 05-26-2012, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

Hey giris!
Quote:
Val, glad you enjoyed seeing Coldplay. I have never seen them in person but I think they are pretty amazing too.
It was a really great concert!

I'm going to a fellow resident's wedding today. All of us residents are going to be there, so I think it's gonna be fun. And it's sunny so I can wear the outfit I planned.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 05-26-2012, 01:13 AM
Master Fan

Have fun at the wedding, Vale

I´m going to our cottage with my parents and grandparents today. We are going to celebrate my grandma´s birthday

Sarah (laurenlorelai) - was there some special event in Bloomingdales to meet her or did you just bumped in to her?

Sarah - you are in some PT group? All my PTs are pretty solitary.lol

Old 05-26-2012, 03:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ele - Have you heard the "The Social Network Song" from San Marino? It is one of my favourites and of course the Russian Grannies. Apparently England is going to open the event and OMG the guy who sings the German entry is HOT Next time I go to the German resturnant I will try one of those out

Katka - I love Petr Cech he has played for Chelsea since 2004, that injury he sustained was horrible and he is so lucky. They showed it on all the news here too. Though when they took Cech off they put another goal keeper Carlo Cudicini who then also got knocked out in the same game and so we had to have the Captin of Chelsea in Goal for the last few minutes.

Val - Coldplay are amazing live right? I saw them ages ago and Chris Martin is so great live. Have a great time at the wedding today.

Denise - If its done in the hospital thats ok, if it was done in the doctors I would be freaking out. I have to go and get my immunisstions for my trip and I have been putting it off because I have to get them done at the doctors.

It is 25 degrees today so I am going to go catch a tan in the garden with my book and some music
Old 05-26-2012, 04:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Planning on painting the shed and outside trim this morning before the 90 degree heat hits. It's a holiday weekend in the US, so I want to work around the house part of the time and play the rest of the tiime.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Katka, There was an event. It was for her foundation called The Joyful Heart Foundation which helps abused and battered women and children. It's an incredible cause and she just came to the store to sign autographs and take pictures! It was pretty neat
Sarah
Old 05-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
It is 25 degrees today so I am going to go catch a tan in the garden with my book and some music
Jo, did you succeed? I was sitting on the garden the whole day and I´m all red.

Bev - sounds like a nice weekend (if you like painting.lol)

Sarah - It´s good that you could meet her this way Though I´ve never seen her outside SVU and even that I´ve seen only like 3 episodes.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorystar (View Post)
Ele - Have you heard the "The Social Network Song" from San Marino? It is one of my favourites and of course the Russian Grannies.
Eeek, I mock both of those songs so much. So mainstream. I can go with the grannies (although they don't can sing, big time. But that San Marino Song was one of the worst, written by a German guy we like to mock here cause he is so pathetic trying to get into the ESC ever year. I really dig Serbia and Sweden has an interesting song. And Romania is catchy. My favourite was Finland but they are already out. The rest is either boring (like the German song) or just trash. Not that I complain about it.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Bev - sounds like a nice weekend (if you like painting.lol)
I hate painting, which makes my accomplishment today so impressive!

Last edited by auntbee; 05-26-2012 at 12:14 PM
Old 05-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi all It feels like it's been so long since I've ventured into OT-ness

I'm so excited to go to NYC and LA this summer. We've booked a tour of Universal, the VIP one (it's a very, very early Xmas present from my parents and brother, considering the cost!) and I'm hoping to see the PH set at least.

I went to see John Cleese (Brits will know him from Monty Python?) doing stand-up tonight, and he was fantastic!

And Auntbee, I don't enjoy painting, but I majored in History of Art. Sounds like you had a lot of fun with it, though

How are you all?
Old 05-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Katka - Yeah I sat in my garden all day yesterday and I am all burnt. Its 27C here today so I am going to head back out in the garden with my Eurovision hangover and try and not look so white.

Ele - Did you enjoy Eurovision? I was following yours and Seamus tweets through the whole show. Am glad Sweden won it was a good song. The United Kingdom did not do so well we was second to bottom, poor Engleburt lol. I did not know that the German entry was written by Jamier Cullum who is a British Jazz artist. I love how one of the main things which was spoken about was what country can afford to host Eurovision because of the Euro crisis.

Sydsgirl1- I am so sorry I have forgotten your name I am so jealous you saw John Cleese he is a ledgend. Enjoy the VIP tour and when you hear the song on the car going around just think of Lauren going " nooooo" lol. I have heard people have had a few cast sightings on the tour so I hope you get to bump into someone I would love to go to LA or NYC, maybe next year.

Going to spend my Eurovision hangover trying to finish " The Corrections" with both books " The Corrections' and " Freedom" I could not get into them I gave up on "Freedom" and now I am trying " The Corrections".

Last edited by rorystar; 05-26-2012 at 11:48 PM
Old 05-27-2012, 01:45 AM
Master Fan

Yay for Sweden! I really liked that song. Although nothing beats Lena. That's seriously my favorite ESC winner ever. Still love that song.

And I'm going to enjoy the last 2 days of hot weather here Finally able to sit in the sun the whole day

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel