Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabing (View Post)
Hi. I unfortunately only got here because I found that some of my pictures were stolen and posted here in a previous picture thread without my permission. I've contacted the fan forum webmaster but I wanted to bring this to your attention since it seems this is an ongoing issue and I am not the only one who has had pictures stolen.

First, it is common courtesy when posting any picture to link to and credit the source.

Second, all of my pictures are always clearly labeled "All Rights Reserved" which means they cannot be taken and reposted anywhere by anyone at any time. Doing so is in fact a violation of the law.

Third, the picture that was taken was a picture that I personally was in. Regardless of any legal violations I find it deeply upsetting and disturbing that anyone would ever think that's acceptable. I can't even begin to wrap my head around that.

Yes the picture was in a public album. Briefly. I made the album private almost immediately after posting it so the fact that it still ended up here is kind of amazing. But that does not give anyone a right to take and it repost it. Just because it's online does not mean it's available for anyone to take and use as they see fit. And I've seen comments in these threads that clearly show that people are oblivious to that fact.

I know I'm probably violating forum rules with this post, and the moderators are obviously free to take this comment down, but I appreciate if in return they would bring this issue to the attention of the entire forum in their own more appropriate way. I would have contacted either of you directly, but there was no contact information available.
I have just deleted the picture and the link to your album. tried to PM you but I can't.
Next time, please contact either me or Danke (moderators) before addressing the webmasters. We're here for a reason.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 11-23-2010, 11:14 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
I have just deleted the picture and the link to your album. tried to PM you but I can't.
Next time, please contact either me or Danke (moderators) before addressing the webmasters. We're here for a reason.
Again, as I stated before I tried but I found no way to contact you directly. I searched for contact information several times before contacting the webmaster, and it was quite reasonable to contact the webmasters since it involved a violation of US Copyright Law and the site itself would be liable. Thank you for the prompt removal. I respectfully suggest making sure to address this issue in your forum rules if it's not clearly addressed already since there seemed to be a great deal of confusion about the matter.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:27 AM
New Fan

Apologies for my brusqueness and feel free to delete any of my posts. I won't be posting here anymore after this. I just wanted to make sure that people understood and respected the seriousness of this matter. Thank you again for taking care of it so promptly.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

It's all solved then. You should be aware of the fact though that neither the moderators of this board (who were both not moderators at the time the picture was posted) nor the posters here are in any contact with the webmasters other than through private messages. We do not make the rules nor are we able to change them.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh, and i thought there were new pics...
Agie
Old 11-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by agiepagie07 (View Post)
Oh, and i thought there were new pics...
I thought there were too and I haven't a clue what they're talking about- totally in the dark here. Maybe it's better that way?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Master Fan

It's silliness.

And I was looking for new pics, too. LOL
Old 11-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fare enough if the photos belong to and include sabing then they have the right to where and how they are viewed, although posting them on a public page for no matter how sort a time is a no-no if you want them to remain private.

Can I ask which photos they were? PM me.

FYI you only need several posts (more than one) before the PM service works.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:03 AM
New Fan

I'm sorry, but I'm so disturbed by the attitudes here I have to post one more time. It's most certainly NOT silliness. Here is the one and only fact everyone here needs to know.

It is ILLEGAL to copy and repost any picture anywhere without explicit permission from the owner of that picture. Period. End of story.

Just because something is available online does not mean it is public property. Going to someone's website and taking a picture is the exact same thing as going into their home and stealing their television.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Master Fan

I agree that personal pictures should not be posted. And I´m sure that by the silliness Shannon meant that we are talking about a post made in 2007. the picture was removed, so I would close the discussion. I apologize for any trauma it may caused.

People, don´t post personal(fan) pictures without persmission.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:12 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
I agree that personal pictures should not be posted. And I´m sure that by the silliness Shannon meant that we are talking about a post made in 2007. the picture was removed, so I would close the discussion. I apologize for any trauma it may caused.

People, don´t post personal(fan) pictures without persmission.
Thank you very much. That simple recognition and statement to the board was all I was looking for. I appreciate it and discussion closed.

FYI - The only reason I said anything here in addition to asking to have it removed was because of comments I'd seen in reading through the picture threads and the general lack of credit I'd seen on pictures posted within messages. It was a disturbing trend. I wasn't trying to draw the matter out or rant in any way. It was just clear that some people knew nothing about copyright.

Last edited by sabing; 11-24-2010 at 09:20 AM
Old 11-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Here's a little Happy Thanksgiving picspam

Please note :
1. I had trouble making a choice, because when it comes to Lauren, I'm never able to make one. "Only "20" pics is like a miracle for me lol
2. I've worked on them in the dark (because it's the night here) so there's a chance that they're not actually as good as I think they are lol
3. Please, ask me first before posting them elsewhere (like on facebook). It's better than to find out by myself
4. Enjoy!
Old 11-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the caps Hayley

Now if only we had some footage (an outtake) of Sarah running with the ball during the Turkey Bowl

Also like the wishbone necklace Sarah is wearing.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Awe.some. Thanks, Valentine

Oh, and I don't know how to choose Lauren pics also... no idea how you can nix one or the other^^
Old 11-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Hee! I love all those caps! She's so pretty.

And I still can't get over that she played football with just that tiny clip in her hair, lol.