Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-18-2016, 09:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Great picture, she looks lovely as always!
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 01-19-2016, 01:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Omg!!! I'm speechless
Old 01-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Elite Fan

She looks so beautiful!!!!!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 03-03-2016, 02:25 PM
New Fan

I went on the WB studio tour recently and saw her from a far (through little holes in the set they had blocked off, but it was her!). I was on the tour with someone who used to be an extra on set and said LG was extremely nice and one of her favorite celebs she's ever met (she had met a ton of them). So, not really a meeting story but good info I guess :-)
Old 03-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversimple2 (View Post)
I went on the WB studio tour recently and saw her from a far (through little holes in the set they had blocked off, but it was her!). I was on the tour with someone who used to be an extra on set and said LG was extremely nice and one of her favorite celebs she's ever met (she had met a ton of them). So, not really a meeting story but good info I guess :-)
Aww, that's sweet, and exciting that you glimpsed her from afar! Did you see much of the Gilmore Girls set?
Old 03-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Aww, nice! Thanks for sharing!
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 03-04-2016, 02:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That's sweet! Thanks for sharing!
I'm resigning to the idea I'll never meet her.

Last edited by valeposh; 03-04-2016 at 02:41 AM
Old 03-04-2016, 04:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
I think you will! I really hope she comes back to Broadway someday, and that would be a good opportunity.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
Me too!

I went to see Matthew Perry's play last night, and I hoping she would be there. (A girl can dream, right?) And I just kept looking at him, thinking, you know Lauren!
Old 03-04-2016, 05:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
"Afar" is still closer than I've ever been! Glad you got to tour the WB.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
I think you will! I really hope she comes back to Broadway someday, and that would be a good opportunity.
Broadway and/or a book tour in NYC would be my best shots. Ah, well. Someday, someday, maybe... right?
Old 03-04-2016, 06:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbee (View Post)
"Afar" is still closer than I've ever been! Glad you got to tour the WB.
Welcome to my Life....I'm toooooo busy to leave Germany. But it's nice to hear that the most of you already met her. I'm sure the day is marked for the rest of your life
Old 03-04-2016, 08:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Aww, that's sweet, and exciting that you glimpsed her from afar! Did you see much of the Gilmore Girls set?
Nope! They're being incredibly secretive about it all. They had the square completely blocked off and even blocked streets that you could see down. We saw the side of Lorelai's house, her jeep and Luke's truck and that's it. Still cool to be there but I'm sad that this is the last time these sets will ever be built and fans can't even see them (Netflix's decision not anyone on GG or the WB).
Old 03-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Aw, very cool that you got a peek of her, and even cooler to hear nice things said about her! Thanks for sharing! I had the same experience last week on the tour (without the peek of Lauren)... no luck getting into the town square, but loved seeing the other little GG things... a quick view of Lorelai's house, the Jeep, Luke's truck. It was cool just being in the vicinity of the Hollow.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:33 AM
New Fan

This is kind of random, and I understand if you all have been down this road and just want to ignore me lol, but I've been a big fan for a while just never really got online or on forums. Now, I'm noticing sometimes I'll come across people saying "good to hear nice stories about her" "I wonder if she's really that mean to extras" etc...

Can anyone fill me in on what you all know about her in real life, on set, meeting fans, etc..? You can PM me if you don't want to launch into something unnecessary on this thread. I just take nice celebrities very seriously and have stopped being fans of people if I see them be rude, so I didn't know if they were just dumb rumors (saw the recycled 3 stories of how she treats extras and don't believe those for a second - even the most evil people I've met would never call someone a cockroach LOL) and if anyone here had ever been an extra or knows extras, or had met her in a random-bump into on the street context.

Sorry for all of the questions - just really upset me to read possible rumors and now I'm having a hard time re-watching GG, haha. Figured you all would know the truth. I used to work in the music industry and usually if there were a lot rumors about someone being rude, they were accurate. But just a few recycled stories were never accurate. Didn't know if people saying she was rude just came from 3 dumb stories that are so bizarre they can't even be true.

Thanks everyone! Oh! Also, I read a while back that Dax defended her on Twitter about the cockroach thing - does anyone have his tweet?