Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom (View Post)
The latest stand-in/body double notice is definitely not for Jeff.
Yup, way too short and young to fill in for him. Also too short for Joe Anderson.
Maybe it's for the fedex actor.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 03-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yup, way too short and young to fill in for him. Also too short for Joe Anderson.
It's most likely for Joe, even with the few inches too short, it'd work fine with the age plus it's for one of the leads, which we know there are 4 (Jeff, Joe, Lauren and the child who's playing Alex).

Jeff's stand-in will be around the 6'3" mark, Lauren's has already been cast and for the role of Alex they'll be looking for someone shorter (though they might also use the same one that is cast as Joe's stand-in even with a height difference). They tend to do that for child actors to get around the restrictions.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 03-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yes, I was a bit stumped by that "lead" remark, because the description didn't fit Joe and definitely not Jeff. But then I thought, the fedex guy appears more than once, so maybe ...
I'm curious who they cast as Alex (assuming they already have) - is he a kid who's new and unknown, or someone who's already appeared on screen/tv before and might even be recognizable?

ETA - I guess there's been another change regarding the Kris character (which explains the height of the latest lead male stand-in/body double they were looking for, lol). Credit Nadine:

Quote:
The role of Kris will be played by Lou Taylor Pucci (from Thumbsucker). He’s currently in Philly rehearsing for the role, which he’ll start filming on Monday.

Credit Lou’s Dad.
Truthfully, looking at his pics, I can imagine him as Kris more than I did with Joe Anderson (going just by the photos, not acting wise, since I don't recall seeing either act before.)

Last edited by gjoni; 03-22-2008 at 12:38 AM
Old 03-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Master Fan

Thanks gjoni. Well, at least I knew Joe Anderson. Never heard of the new guy

Old 03-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that. I haven't heard of this new guy either, but I can definitely see him in the part.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Total Fan

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the little boy will most likely be a new comer.

The reason I say this is because this is a low budget film and I am sure that they are looking for more "newer" talent to get them started. And secondly would be because they casted in Philly and I am not sure how many known actors have broken out here just yet. But who knows he may have done some things but we've never really heard of him til now.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Addicted Fan

i don't know if this has been posted already:

Quote:
I heard that they were using a space on South to create a chiropractic office....
underneath someone has written:
Quote:
buzz killer
source: phillyblog

icon by *Nora*
Old 03-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the latest casting. Interesting.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 03-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Credit Nadine:

Quote:
Variety has the official confirmation by one of the major trades (ie: Variety, The Hollywood Reporters, etc).

‘Romans’ set to invade Philadelphia
Production begins on romantic comedy
By MICHAEL FLEMING
Date: March 24, 2008

Production begins today in Philadelphia on “The Dream of the Romans,” an ensemble romantic comedy that stars Jeff Daniels, Lauren Graham, Lou Taylor Pucci, Olivia Thirlby and Kat Dennings. Pic marks the feature debut of writer-director John Hindman.

Movie is financed by iDeal Partners Film Fund. Kevin Messick is producing with iDeal’s Jana Edelbaum, with Rachel Cohen as exec producer. Formed in 2006, iDeal is teamed with GreeneStreet Films to produce the John Polson-directed “Tenderness,” which Russell Crowe toplines for Lionsgate.
In “The Dream of the Romans,” Daniels plays a reclusive author of a landmark book that redefined spirituality for a generation. Graham is a struggling single mom and Pucci a young man fresh out of rehab. Like many others, they seek out the author because they’re convinced he has all the answers – but he just wants to be left alone.

“This is a sparkling piece of writing with vivid, wonderful characters,” said iDeal’s Edelbaum.

Daniels will next be seen in Universal’s “State of Play,” Graham just wrapped “Flash of Genius” for U, and Pucci will next be seen in “The Horseman” and “Carriers.” Thirlby is coming off “Juno” and stars in “Snow Angels” and “The Wackness.” Dennings is coming off “Charlie Bartlett” and just wrapped “Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist.”

Messick just wrapped the Paramount Vantage comedy “The Goods,” which he produced with Will Ferrell and Adam McKay’s Gary Sanchez Prods. He’s also producing “Black Hole” with Plan B for Paramount and MTV Films, with David Fincher attached to direct.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Thanks, gjoni
Old 03-24-2008, 04:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks gjoni...oh i love it to read anything about this movie!!!

My Myspace / ~Claudi(a)~ / My LiveJournal
Old 03-24-2008, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for all the news
Old 03-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Total Fan

thanks.

Just found this from Inquirer

Quote:
The Greater Philadelphia Film Office predicts a $10 million economic impact from the flick The Dream of the Romans, which starts a 25-day shoot tomorrow in Center City; iDeal Partners Film Fund plans to spend more than 80 percent of the budget in Pennsylvania, qualifying it for the state's film-tax credits. Writer/director John Hindman's first feature stars Jeff Daniels (The Squid & The Whale), Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls), Lou Taylor Pucci (the Philly-shot Explicit Ills), Olivia Thirlby (Leah in Juno) and Philly's Kat Dennings (ER, CSI).
Old 03-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Fan

Nadine has an update regarding location, from the Philly blog:

Quote:
Movie set around 16th Street and South Street (Philly Blog)

Credit to jtrain @ Philly Blog.

They seemed to be filming in the new clothes shop this morning - the one next to pumpkin.
And someone on the blog mentions already spotting "...the lovely Lauren Graham..." and Jeff there today.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

thanks for the update gjoni lauren is working

My Myspace / ~Claudi(a)~ / My LiveJournal