Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Addicted Fan

From TWoP:

Quote:
A poster on the official forums (choose to believe it or not [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) emailed Michael Orland in regards to Group 2. He said:

We just taped Tuesday night's show this afternoon (Saturday) - it didn't go great. The judges were hard on EVERYONE from this group - they were definitely less stronger musically and personality-wise than Group 1. I like Group 1 - they were all very fun to work with. This Group 2 was fun too - but in a different much less energetic way.
-------

However, the same poster had a friend who went to the taping and he/she said the judges liked Camile. But at the same time, he/she also said that the judges were tougher and the group was not as strong as Group 1.
Not liking the sound of that...
Old 02-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought these were live shows.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by aquarius83:
<STRONG>I thought these were live shows.</STRONG>
The semi-final performances are filmed on Sundays (the result shows are live though). The performance episodes don't go live until the top 12 starts.

[ 02-16-2004: Message edited .in.a.cloud. ]
Old 02-16-2004, 11:46 PM
Addicted Fan

oops

[ 02-16-2004: Message edited .in.a.cloud. ]
Old 02-23-2004, 02:04 PM
Addicted Fan

This was an e-mail from Michael Orland (the AI pianist):

Quote:
the taping went really well - and i'm glad you're rooting for Leah - she did an amazing job. she is unbelievably great. I think it's going to be a really tough show - EVERYONE did a great job. i hope a lot of this group are asked back for the wildcard show - you'll see what i mean. let me know after you see it.
[ 02-23-2004: Message edited .in.a.cloud. ]
Old 02-24-2004, 01:03 AM
Addicted Fan

From USAtoday:

AMY ADAMS : Celine Dion
LEAH LABELLE : Whitney Houston
ELIZABETH LeTENDRE : Whitney Houston
JON PETER LEWIS : Elton John
LA TOYA LONDON : Eric Carmen
CHARLY LOWRY : Aretha Franklin
JONAH MOANANU : Carl Thomas
ERIC YODER : The Five Satins
----

I've heard from several places that Jon's song is "Tiny Dancer".

ETA: Some more spoilers from various places:

Quote:
This morning, a local DJ reported that he was at Saturday's taping of group 3. According to him, the 1st singer was good. I'm don't remember if he said that was Elizabeth LeTendre, but he did say that Elizabeth LeTendre did very well.
JPL was stiff.

Eric Yoder was boring, but had a nice smile.

And, LaToya provided a goosebump, standing O performance. She will be the last singer of the evening.
Quote:
Word on the street is that the taping of this show was VERY good. Possibly the best semi-final round ever on AI, with 4 or 5 contestants being front runners for the top 2 chairs. Another rumor says that one of the fan favorites totally bombed and another source says it was a male.
Quote:
Ok, the previous song choice list was wrong. Sorry about that. I will have the real song choices shortly. I do know that Jon-Peter Lewis sang 'Tiny Dancer' and got slammed by the judges. He was the only one of the night who did bad though. Apparently Paula still praised him though . Also, one girl got a standing ovation, something we haven't seen yet this season.
[ 02-24-2004: Message edited .in.a.cloud. ]
Old 02-27-2004, 12:25 PM
Addicted Fan

I read on TWoP that Bao Viet had to close his LiveJournal down because of the Wild Card show. So, I'm guessing he'll be back.

Also, supposedly Katie Webber got a call from the producers to prepare for the WC show as well.

Briana Ramirez-Rial's sister in-law said that Bre is preparing too, but I don't know if she was called or not. *hopes*
Old 02-27-2004, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Bao Viet
[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Who?
Old 02-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by brasha:
<STRONG>

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Who?</STRONG>

He didn't make the top 32. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

Now I gotcha [img]smilies/spineyes.gif[/img] I couldn't remember the name, but I def remember the face [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-29-2004, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

From Survivor Sucks, which in turn is from TWOP.

Looks like I came to the right place! Here you guys go...

The judges were pretty harsh this week- especially Simon. He worked up some boo's from the audience. Lots of bantering going on in this episode.

Simon says that there were "1 and a half" good performances, Randy says "more like 2 and a half."

Susan Vulaca goes first and sings "Unbreak my Heart" and I actually really really liked her perfomance. She's fun, too. Simon, though, calls her "good, but forgettable." He doesn't think she's a standout.

John Preator is next, I don't remember what he sang, but none of the judges really liked him. Randy was glad when it was finally over, Simon thinks that he should be ice-skating and singing, like in one of those Disney On Ice things.

Heather Piccinni sings "New Attiude" and Randy thinks she belongs in a hotel lounge. None of them like it, they think she tried too hard and it came off as cheesy. Simon responds to Randy and says "I wouldn't want to be anywhere in THAT hotel." And Simon finishes by telling her that her face is "ugly" when she sings.

John Stevens sings "Always a Woman to Me" and while I looooved John going into this, I'm a little disappointed. He has a strong voice, but I wasn't getting much in the way of a personality. Very little talking, smiling, etc. Randy is confused by his voice (he likes when he does the Rat Pack, but doesn't think his voice fits any other genre), Paula thinks he's a throwback and Simon says that he can improve his performances (like Clay did). They think he has potential.

Next is Jasmine Trias and unfortunately, I don't remember what she sang. But they loved her- as did the audience. She's cute, has a great voice and lots of potential. Simon thinks she'll make it in.

George Huff is next and I believe he's singing "Always and Forever." He's my favorite- he has a great personality (and he does an awesome Randy impression), a great smile and an awesome voice. They think he has the best male voice in the entire competition. He starts off a little shakey, but he ends strong. I thought he was the best.

Lisa Wilson sings a Melissa Etheridge song and the judges don't like it at all. She sounds like she's screaming, it doesn't work for her. Simon thinks it's over for her and the other two don't seem to defend her except to tell Simon he's crazy when he tells Lisa that she "has the biggest mouth he's ever seen" and that "he could fly an airplane into her mouth." Forget about her mouth, her boobs are HUUUGE. You'll see what I mean on Tuesday. Paula thinks she's beautiful on camera, though.

Last is Tiara Purifoy singing "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" and while Randy likes her voice, he haaaates the arrangement of the song. Paula likes her a lot too. If I remember correctly, Simon doesn't like her performance.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that Xan. I can't wait [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Supposedly JPL is singing "A Little Less Converstation" by Elvis and did great during rehearsal.

Also, supposedly Lisa is doing great in rehearsals as well and Randy loves her.

Not sure how accurate these are. Guess we'll find out soon.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:56 PM
Addicted Fan

A poster at IdolForums is saying that John will be singing "Pretty Woman".

I don't get how that is considered country so I don't think I believe it.

[ 03-21-2004: Message edited .in.a.cloud. ]
Old 03-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

I guess because Roy Orbison is considered part country - maybe? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]