Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 02:32 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Aw that's sweet he got pictures with the judges and the ones of him performing are cool! The photoshoot looks pretty awesome! I can see why you're obsessed

Thanks for the videos too!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 05-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the 'catching up with David Cook' video, those are always fun to watch About half the new album is written, yay! I love how he talks about his hometown Kansas City Aw, nice pic of David with Randy and Keith. And I can see why you're obsessed with that pic too...seriously could he be any more perfect
Old 05-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
Aw that's sweet he got pictures with the judges and the ones of him performing are cool! The photoshoot looks pretty awesome! I can see why you're obsessed

Thanks for the videos too!
I love the pics with the judges. And of course the photoshoot! Sorry if I fangirl a bit, I try to control myself here but with these it's kinda impossible. xD

You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
Thanks for the 'catching up with David Cook' video, those are always fun to watch About half the new album is written, yay! I love how he talks about his hometown Kansas City Aw, nice pic of David with Randy and Keith. And I can see why you're obsessed with that pic too...seriously could he be any more perfect
You're welcome. I love watching those too, and any interviews with David because he's always so eloquent. Can't wait for the new album! And I know right, the man is pretty much flawless.

---

Good news, there's gonna be a lyric video for LML! Here's the twist though, David's asking fans to make it.

Quote:
"Laying Me Low" Lyric Video Contest!

David Cook wants your help in creating an official lyric video for his new single, “Laying Me Low”. David will be picking his favorite video and the person who made it will not only have their video featured on his official website, Facebook and Twitter, but will also receive an autographed photo, CD and poster!

To enter: (1) create a lyric video for “Laying Me Low” (Note: Any images, video, artwork, etc. used in videos submitted for contest must not violate any copyright or other proprietary rights.), (2) upload it to YouTube with “Laying Me Low (Lyric Video Entry)" in the title, and (3) tweet the link with #LayingMeLowLyricVideo by the deadline of 11:59 PM EDT on Friday, May 31, 2013. That's all there is to it!

You've already downloaded the single from iTunes or Amazon. David has provided the lyrics below. Time to get creative! Good luck!
---

LAYING ME LOW

I REMEMBER WHEN YOU LIT MY FLAME
A BIT OF PASSION WITH A PINCH OF PAIN
YOU LEFT ME PRAYING FOR A SINGLE DROP OF RAIN
BUT NOW THE FIRE’S BURNING OUT OF CONTROL
BECAUSE I’M NEVER GONNA LET YOU GO
SO BRING THE GASOLINE AND WE CAN START THE SHOW

YOU GOT UNDER MY SKIN AND I CAN’T BEGIN
TO THINK OF ALL THE TROUBLE YOU KEEP GETTING ME IN
SO I’LL JUST HOLD ON AND TRY TO BE STRONG

CHORUS:
I FALL APART WHEN I’M WITH YOU
I CRY WHEN I KISS YOU
I KNOW YOU’RE REALLY NO GOOD
YOU GOT MY HEART IN YOUR HAND
OH I’LL NEVER UNDERSTAND AND IT SHOWS
YOU GET ME HIGH BUT YOU’RE LAYING ME LOW…

I REMEMBER EVERY BROKEN LINE
I’M JUST A VICTIM OF THE PERFECT CRIME
YOU KEEP RUNNING WHILE I KEEP ON DOING TIME
SO GIVE ME SOMETHING JUST TO KEEP ME SANE
I ONLY WANNA HEAR YOU SAY MY NAME
AND NOW I KNOW I’M NEVER GONNA WIN THIS GAME
BUT I’LL PLAY ANYWAY

YOU GOT UNDER MY SKIN AND I CAN’T BEGIN
TO THINK OF ALL THE TROUBLE YOU KEEP GETTING ME IN
SO I’LL JUST HOLD ON AND TRY TO BE STRONG

CHORUS:
I FALL APART WHEN I’M WITH YOU
I CRY WHEN I KISS YOU
I KNOW YOU’RE REALLY NO GOOD
YOU GOT MY HEART IN YOUR HAND
OH I’LL NEVER UNDERSTAND AND IT SHOWS
YOU GET ME HIGH BUT YOU’RE LAYING ME LOW…

(BREAK DOWN)

Source
I hope they get really awesome entries. And it's great to have the official lyrics!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
You're welcome. I love watching those too, and any interviews with David because he's always so eloquent. Can't wait for the new album! And I know right, the man is pretty much flawless.
I'm looking forward to more new music from him too! Will you please keep us posted on any updates and news about his album?

That's pretty cool about the video contest for Laying Me Low! It will be interesting to see what people come up with.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm looking forward to more new music from him too! Will you please keep us posted on any updates and news about his album?

That's pretty cool about the video contest for Laying Me Low! It will be interesting to see what people come up with.
Of course! I'll be freaking out in this thread too when we get any concrete info on a release date etc. And of course I'll post every tidbit we get, too.

It's pretty cool there's a contest. I hope they get some really excellent entries. The song deserves a great lyric video.

===

It's been 5 years since David won American Idol. On May 20 and 21, 2008, these happened:

Sorry about the fangirlish outburst.

But TWIK was such an exquisite performance, a sign of a true artist and a winner. And what Paula said afterwards, it was the most sane thing she, or anyone, has ever said on the show. xD Seriously though. And his winning moment, aww, it's still my single most favorite moment in the history of TV! :')
Old 05-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved his performance!

When is his album coming out? Or is it out now?

I needs to know!
(HTGAWM) Connor&Oliver, (OITNB) John&Daya, (B99) Jake&Amy, (NCIS: LA) Deeks&Kensi, (Castle) Castle&Beckett, (Nashville) Deacon&Rayna, (Chicago Fire) Casey&Dawson, (GMW) Cory&Topanga
Old 05-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It was awesome.

His album isn't out yet, he's working on it. There's no release date yet either but he said he's trying to find a good "home" for it and get it released as soon as possible.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal Killer (View Post)
Of course! I'll be freaking out in this thread too when we get any concrete info on a release date etc. And of course I'll post every tidbit we get, too.

It's pretty cool there's a contest. I hope they get some really excellent entries. The song deserves a great lyric video.
Ok good, thanks

Quote:
It's been 5 years since David won American Idol. On May 20 and 21, 2008, these happened:

Sorry about the fangirlish outburst.

But TWIK was such an exquisite performance, a sign of a true artist and a winner. And what Paula said afterwards, it was the most sane thing she, or anyone, has ever said on the show. xD Seriously though. And his winning moment, aww, it's still my single most favorite moment in the history of TV! :')
Five years already? The fangirlish outburst is understandable since he's your favorite
Aw, his The World I Know performance and the battle of the Davids You're right, Paula's comments were perfect...I really miss the original judging panel. And I still think David's underrated as a singer too.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:55 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I just realized I didn't post here for David's winning anniversary! Awesome post Laura! He really did have amazing performances throughout his season and has done so good since.

| ray
Old 05-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Five years already? The fangirlish outburst is understandable since he's your favorite
Aw, his The World I Know performance and the battle of the Davids You're right, Paula's comments were perfect...I really miss the original judging panel. And I still think David's underrated as a singer too.
Time flies, huh? Haha, thanks for understanding.

His performance of TWIK is outstanding, couldn't have been more perfect. That was such an awesome year and finale with all the contestants and the original judges. And I know! He really doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing in the rain (View Post)
I just realized I didn't post here for David's winning anniversary! Awesome post Laura! He really did have amazing performances throughout his season and has done so good since.
Thanks! S7 is still my favorite season and he played a major part in it. Looking forward to more good things with him.

===

I thought I'd let you guys know that we started a survivor game over at the DC board. It's about his singles (which you can listen to in the thread if you don't already know them), it would be great if you could drop by and vote.

http://www.fanforum.com/f293/davids-...ding-63095137/
Old 05-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

^ I can get why it is your favourite And that's cool about a survivor, it looks amazing! I'll be sure to drop by and vote.

| ray
Old 06-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for stopping by and voting. We started the 2nd round, I see Sarah already voted, thanks Sarah. You can still same my favorite xD vote:

http://www.fanforum.com/f293/davids-...-2-a-63095137/

---

David performed at the The Tin Roof in Nashville, TN for 'Okies and Friends' on May 29. It was a fund raiser to benefit those affected by the tornado in Oklahoma earlier this month.

He debuted a new song! The song is gonna be on David Nail's album, he's a country artist.

Better audio (starts @ 4:40)

I love it, it sounds awesome! I love the melody and the chorus (it reminds me of 'Missing You' by John Waite a bit), such a good hook! Too bad he won't record it himself. But at least apparently David Nail is a respected country artist, great that David was able to write a song for his album!

Here's an awesome acoustic version of Laying Me Low from the same event:

Love it!
Old 06-03-2013, 03:58 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I heard he performed a new song but haven't gotten the chance to listen to it yet, I will soon!

Also voted to save TLSIWFY! XD

| ray
Old 06-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope you enjoy watching it! I love the song, it's so good. And it's great he's been able to write for other artists too.

I saw that, thanks! xD
Old 06-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I did. It's a great song, fun to listen to. It is awesome when they get to do that, it's like when Lee co-wrote a song on Ronan Keating's latest album.

| ray