Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-16-2007, 08:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
It's down to the Prom Queen and the Class Clown.
that made me burst out laughing lol
Old 05-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

im so completley flabbergasted
Old 05-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

No one is going to be happy with the results.

I don't understand people being mad at Jordin.

I don't understand people saying Blake don't belong there.

Why can't people be happy for Blake and Jordin.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
I'm done arguing. Plain and simple. The best singer/performer was voted off AI tonight. It's down to the Prom Queen and the Class Clown. We'll find out who "America" chooses next week. 'Nough said.
Wow. I'm shocked.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucasForever<3 (View Post)
I don't understand people being mad at Jordin.

for me, i could say why...but i don't wanna rant again lol

and i am happy for Blake lol
Old 05-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayforandrew (View Post)
Last night felt like things were changing with Jordin. I thought the judges were done overpraising her and I though her days as the winner were over. Now I just think Simon hates her and went off-script against the producers wishes.

Simon knew tonight too.
I agree. Jordin was acting really cocky last night. She was talking back to all of the judges.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 05-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

I just can't stand all these theories of rigging the votes and all. It feel like the Homecoming dance at High School. Come on guy...let's just agree that whoever wins, they won because it's who America voted for.

One note, I have not voted once this entire season.

kenny | credit
Old 05-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

wow. everyone is talking bad about Jordin...

Wish I could say the bad things I feel about Melinda.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just have to say having a "powerhouse" voice does not mean everyone else out there is a bad singer. I get so tired of that silly stereotype that is drug around by the general public.

And to everyone that said Blake and Melinda couldn't be compared...WORD. They're two totally different styles.

OT but, TheKen, I love the quote in your sig. That was such a great episode tonight.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

I actually like Jordin and have enjoyed Blake, too. But, I think Jordin is going to win. I've been saying that all season for one reason...I feel like she is age appropriate, appeals to a wide demographic, and seems to be the one who doesn't have to jump through hoops to get attention. Not to say, I would also like Blake to win, but I just feel it's not in the cards. I think he will do extremly well outside of AI, but I just don't see him winning. Then again, last year Taylor Hicks took home the title, so you never know? But, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't that also an upset?

kenny | credit
Old 05-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The best singer/performer was voted off AI tonight.
I'm really not arguing with this. I'm appalled at what has happened. I just don't think it's right that people blame Blake when it isn't his fault.

Blake was absolutely stunned. He didn't look thrilled or happy(Like Jordin). I don't even think I saw him smile when he was saved. He was just concerned for Melinda. He did not sign up for this and has to know what's going down now. But seriously? Blake is pure class. The way he was with Melinda, giving her his flowers...then he left so she could have her moment. I wish Jordin would have left too and just let Melinda have her singout to herself.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

well, if Jordin does win, she'll deserve it.

No matter what, Melinda is going to be a huge star. It's like Chris last year, I was angry, that he got voted off before Taylor, then Taylor won and I was like what? Chris was better, now look - Chris is a huge star.

Same will go for Melinda. But, I also believe Jordin and Blake will be just as big.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prayforandrew (View Post)
I'm really not arguing with this. I'm appalled at what has happened. I just don't think it's right that people blame Blake when it isn't his fault.

Blake was absolutely stunned. He didn't look thrilled or happy(Like Jordin). I don't even think I saw him smile when he was safed. He was just concerned for Melinda. He did not sign up for this and has to know what's going down now. But seriously? Blake is pure class. The way he was with Melinda, giving her his flowers...then he left so she could have her moment. Jordin...stayed? Made the singout about her? I'm so sick of that girl it isn't even funny.
I like Jordin, but I do agree with that you said, she should've went over with Ryan and Blake and let Melinda have her moment.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

It is not Blake's fault. That said, I don't think it's unfair to say he got by largely on looks. Yes, he's original, but he's had the weakest moments of all the top 3, and his constant beatboxing? Yes, he is a good singer, but we aren't seeing that through his gimmick.

HOWEVER, I want Blake to win, because he *is* original (and very sweet, lol). Jordin just...she's amazing, but even as she continued to grow, she was never as good as Melinda for me. Mindy was far and away the best contestant- the most talented, the most consistent, and with a genuine passion and humbleness to boot. I'm not shocked, but I am upset.

And? I'm 20 years old and myself and many people younger than me will be buying marketable Melinda's "old-fashioned" CDs. If talent is going out with the times, take me back to the oldies, Simon!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

double post :/

Last edited by Musidora; 05-16-2007 at 09:00 PM Reason: .