Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
All in all, Chris had a bad performance this week. Personally, I think he should've been in the bottom 3. And the attitude was not necessary...and I agree with Simon, sounding Nasaly comment is palin rubbish.
But it is a form of singing, no arguing there. Whether you like the way or not, a lot of singers do sing that way. I didn't feel like he had attitude at all... Simon been busting him from the beginnning about him being nasally and I don't think the audience mind that much, frankly. Chris just defended himself, and he didn't do it in a disgusting, vain way.
David Boreanaz & Emily Deschanel

Old 04-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

If you listen to his studio version of, "Mayberry", he sounds really good. And, whether or not nasally is a form of singing, well that's EXACTLY how the Rascal Flatts sing when they sing that song. I didn't think it was Chris's best performance, but he sang the song the way the Rascal Flatts would sing it, and I didn't think it was half bad.

So, put on your best, boys, and I'll wear my p e a r l s;
what I n e v e r did is d o n e.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

Apparently, most of the voters didn't think it was bad either!
I didn't LOVE the performance but I think it's only 'cause I don't know the song. I loved his runs, loved his pitch and tone

Old 04-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Extreme Fan

thank god sanjaya got out he wasnt dat good anyway!
Old 04-20-2007, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Simon been busting him from the beginnning about him being nasally and I don't think the audience mind that much, frankly.
But that doesn't really matter, does it? Simon critiqes everyone on certain things, that's what being a judge is all about. And if Simon has been commenting on it maybe it's something Chris needs to work on?

I've been defending Chris about his comments because I really think he just snapped, but I don't think it's okay to say that Simon was in the wrong in this either. I know I was pretty pissed about the eye roll before that was cleared up, but that's about it. Simon did what he does every week, and what he is supposed to do.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Simon is entitled to his opinion and saying Chris snapped is really exagerated. He wasn't disrespectful, he didn't have a tone or anything, he just commented on it. Some people have done it way worse than him.
Simon can critique him on whatever he wants, but the bottom line is - Chris has a nasally voice at times, that's just the way he's always been singing. So far, the audience don't seem to mind and they're the ones really deciding.

Old 04-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

I think some people did think that Chris's comments were a little snotty, I know he has gotten a little backlash for it on other boards and such, but that's neither here nor there.

When I say he snapped, I just meant that he got fed up with everything going on with him at the time, and he did something he normally wouldn't do. I didn't mean to insinuate that he did something really horrible.

Last edited by rose parade; 04-20-2007 at 04:30 PM
Old 04-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Elite Fan

Next to Phil, he's me next least favorite...although Lakisha is leaning back/forth.

kenny | credit
Old 04-21-2007, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They cut the eye roll thing out in England.

Apparently according to our news Simon was rolling his eyes at something Paula said and then was told later on that it looked like he was rolling his eyes at Chris. But i don't know, I never got to see it.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:41 AM
Elite Fan

He rolled his eyes at Chris' comment about nasally being a form of singing. Paula explained to him what Chris said 'cause he was being too busy at talking about Chris while Chris was talking.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I liked what Ryan said about them needing to pay attention. Man the judges annoy me this season.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

Randy really annoys me this season for some reason. Maybe it's just me, but I swear he says the SAME THING to every contestant. "Dawg, I just wasn't feeling that", or "Dawg, that was tight. I liked that." It's irritating.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Extreme Fan

does any1 nos who left?
Old 04-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Blake, Jordin, Chris, Melinda, Lakisha, and Phil. The top six.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -LexxiLane- (View Post)
Randy really annoys me this season for some reason. Maybe it's just me, but I swear he says the SAME THING to every contestant. "Dawg, I just wasn't feeling that", or "Dawg, that was tight. I liked that." It's irritating.
Oh Lord. I totally agree. I can't stand to listen to Randy talk.

I just wish for once, they would let Simon say something, with interupting him, or booing him.