Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-20-2013, 06:18 AM
Loyal Fan

"I could swear that deer is looking at us" | Hannibal in your daily life

I thought we really needed a thread where we can talk about our 'encounters' with Hannibal in our everyday life.

Has anyone else started to see stags everywhere? Are you feeling sentimental whenever wearing something plaid? Are there suddenly seven dogs in your house and you're not quite sure how they got there? And why do all these clocks look so weird?

I want to hear your stories.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:40 AM
Banned

Thank you Alica for starting this new thread!

Can you add the link to the board guide thread too? We gather everything there (in the OP) and update the links to make it easier for everyone to search for a specific thread!

I want to see stag because i'm now fascinated by this animal but i live in a city so there's few chances!

I try very hard to not associate food in real life to the show because it would become quite difficult to eat...

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 10-20-2013 at 07:39 AM
Old 10-20-2013, 07:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Done!

I'm really lucky - my family lives in a house with a garden that borders the woods, and every once in a while we can watch deer walk by. I used to went for walks in the woods when I was living with them and sometimes a stag suddenly appeared in front of me and stared at me until I walked on.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for this thread, Alica. It was a great idea !

Like Imane...i live in the city too so, the only thing that reminds me of Hannibal is the food.

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 10-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I keep seeing stags everywhere - in decoration and on clothes and in the tv programme... they're everywhere!

Something that made me laugh recently: here at the supermarket they always have these cooking magazines next to the cash register and while waiting in the queue I looked at it and the meal displayed on the cover looked really Hannibal-like - there were blackberries, I think? In any case it looked really similar to one of the meals Hannibal had prepared on the show. A few days later my mum came home from the supermarket and said, 'There was this cooking magazine, that totally reminded me of Hannibal...' So I'm not the only one who has a weird obssession with this show, she saw it, too.

Oh, and there was that time when I cried over stag goulash in the supermarket freezer. In my defence i can say that it was the day that the final episode aired and I had stayed up until 4am to watch it and I was sleep-deprived and traumatised by this episode... ok, actually I'm just weird.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Alica, your mom watches the show too ^^?

What´s stag goulash ?. I know i heard that before but i don´t know what it is .

I was sad after the last episode but i keep eating veal .

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo (View Post)

Oh, and there was that time when I cried over stag goulash in the supermarket freezer. In my defence i can say that it was the day that the final episode aired and I had stayed up until 4am to watch it and I was sleep-deprived and traumatised by this episode... ok, actually I'm just weird.
4AM!

That's called dedication!

.... Or obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen_girl22 (View Post)

I was sad after the last episode but i keep eating veal .[/COLOR]

I love how you refuse to hurt yourself!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes, I made her watch it, and she now has a crush on Hannibal.

Oh, maybe I translated it wrong? My dictionary said that is it called like this.
It's meat, cut into small pieces, usually mixed with onions or vegetables and spices. And this one was made from stag, so I thought, 'O no, they killed the Ravenstag!'

Actually, I'm glad that I'm a vegetarian. I think otherwise I would freak out much more while watching the show. I have a far bigger problem with the hunting/fishing scenes than with the ones when Hannibal serves human meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfuschia (View Post)
4AM!

That's called dedication!

.... Or obsession
Well, I needed to watch it live! I started watching shortly before episode 10 aired, then I watched episode 11 on the day that it was on tv, and the last two episodes I watched live via live stream. It was amazing.

Last edited by Cuckoo; 10-22-2013 at 03:18 AM
Old 10-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Yes, I made her watch it, and she now had a crush on Hannibal.

Oh, maybe I translated it wrong? My dictionary said that is it called like this.
It's meat, cut into small pieces, usually mixed with onions or vegetables and spices. And this one was made from stag, so I thought, 'O no, they killed the Ravenstag!'

Actually, I'm glad that I'm a vegetarian. I think otherwise I would freak out much more while watching the show. I have a far bigger problem with the hunting/fishing scenes than with the ones when Hannibal serves human meat.

That´s cool . My mom didn´t like it at first but now, she watches with me ^^

You didn´t translated wrong. My english just fails me sometimes .

It is a good thing to be a vegetarian while being a fan of a show like this one. I´m use to the story (the fact he´s a cannibal) because if i wasn´t, i wouldn´t be able to eat after watching the show.

I have a far bigger problem with the hunting/fishing scenes than with the ones when Hannibal serves human meat.

Sorry about that .

Quote:

I love how you refuse to hurt yourself!
Eeheheh, plus veal is sooo yummi !

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 10-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:

Well, I needed to watch it live! I started watching shortly before episode 10 aired, then I watched episode 11 on the day that it was on tv, and the last two episodes I watched live via live stream. It was amazing.
Me too!

I had all the episodes but waited to binge watch and began following the pace of NBC starting episode 10.
Following the last episodes was torture but i knew watching live was impossible: i would have became a zombie if i waited until 4am
Old 10-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Me too!

I had all the peisodes but waied to binge watch and strat following the pace of NBC starting episode 10.
Following the last episodes was torture but i knew watching live was impossible: i would have became a zombie if i waited until 4am
I was lucky, I only had one class on Friday and I simply decided to skip it and get some sleep instead.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Are you feeling sentimental whenever wearing something plaid?
Maybe

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 10-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Banned

Maggie, you're wearing plaid?

How did you manage to keep it a secret?
Old 10-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Maggie, you're wearing plaid?

How did you manage to keep it a secret?
I was even if I see someone else wearing plaid, I'm like
I don't know if something else reminds me of this show, umm...

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Banned

Kendra said in the Hannibloom thread that she saw once near her home big mushrooms along the road and freaked out!

I'm still waiting for fiction and reality to merge in my life!