Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Banned

Episode Discussion 1.06 | Entrée

episode summary

A COPY CAT MURDER CONFOUNDS JACK AND COMPOUNDS HIS GRIEF OVER THE PROSPECT OF LOSING HIS WIFE, PROMPTING HIM TO SEEK HELP FROM HANNIBAL -Jack (Laurence Fishburne) & Alana (Caroline Dhavernas) are contacted by a former colleague, Dr. Chilton, (Raul Esparza ) who believes he has The Chesapeake Ripper in custody, but then one of his patients commits a murder that matches The Ripper's profile. The team determines the Ripper was a surgeon and is still at large when Jack’s former protégé Miriam (Anna Chlumsky) becomes the next victim. Jack copes with her loss and the prospect of losing his wife by opening-up to Hannibal (Mads Mikkelsen).

preview

Hannibal 1x06 Promo 'Entrée' (HD) - YouTube

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 10-19-2013 at 11:12 AM
Old 09-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT! I've seen this episode only like 3 times,I think it needs to change
Old 09-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Banned

At first, i wasn't too much a fan of it because i disliked Gideon and Chilton and thought they were taking too much screentime while Hannibal's presence must be one the shorter of the season but it grew on me upon rewatch and it definitely one of my favorites and i think one the best of the season.

I love all Alana scenes, especially the ones where she walk along the corridor to meet Gideon just like Clarice in SOTL, and all Will/Alana scenes.

Hannibal continues to torture Jack with what happened to Miriam!
And both have this fabulous dialogues at Hannibal's fireplace about remembering
her!

And of course the scene Will reenacts the nurse's murder is just terrifying and was perfectly acted by Hugh, especially the part when he wakes from his vision and we can see on his face how much it's painful for Will to do it.

"Whatever the ripper was doing... it worked."

Credit
Old 09-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Banned

Credit

So what are your favorite quotes from the episodes?
Old 09-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

I like the nurse scene, no it's not for what you are thinking!! (well maybe a little bit) but I like it because it is from the book Red Dragon, book!Hannibal had the same behavior than tv Dr. Gideon then he attacked a nurse, except that in the show it happened with Dr. Gideon of course, and Will reenacts it, and then we see him crying, because it's horrible, Will is not like Gideon, I like the tetric music too .
The scene with Will Alana and Dr. Chilton, and the scene with Alana, when she meets Dr. Gideon, reminds me of Clarice visiting Hannibal in The Silence of the Lambs, I think Eddie Izzard was channeling Hopkins there .

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

This was an excellent episode. I was delighted to see Eddie Izzard. I think he is a very talented man and I like what I've seen of him personally; it always excites me when he suddenly pops up in something I watch and gives an excellent performance. He's very good at playing villains. For such a funny man, he can be incredibly sinister.

It was so sad to see Jack hounded with the murder of his student. I really need to rewatch, but I wonder exactly what Hannibal hoped to gain from it, if anything. I wonder if he was trying to create the anguish of mind in Jack that Jack creates in Will by employing him in the way that he does.

The interior of the institution for the criminally insane reminded me very much of the interior in which Hannibal resided in the film adaptation of The Silence of the Lambs. I expect that it was deliberate.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raguoc (View Post)
This was an excellent episode. I was delighted to see Eddie Izzard. I think he is a very talented man and I like what I've seen of him personally; it always excites me when he suddenly pops up in something I watch and gives an excellent performance. He's very good at playing villains. For such a funny man, he can be incredibly sinister.
He was so good in this role!

Very reminiscent of Anthony Hopkins performance!

Quote:
It was so sad to see Jack hounded with the murder of his student. I really need to rewatch, but I wonder exactly what Hannibal hoped to gain from it, if anything. I wonder if he was trying to create the anguish of mind in Jack that Jack creates in Will by employing him in the way that he does.
For me, Hannibal is a sadist who enjoys the pain that he inflicts on his victim. Miriam (the trainee) was an exception because she represented a threat for him, but Jack as her boss and someone who is hunting him and also grooming Will to catch him has clearly taken her place on the mental torture chair.

It's a game and a way to prove his superiority and domination over Jack and his team. His arrogance is one of his biggest weakness.

Quote:
The interior of the institution for the criminally insane reminded me very much of the interior in which Hannibal resided in the film adaptation of The Silence of the Lambs. I expect that it was deliberate.
It's indeed deliberate: like Maggie mentionned it, the scene where Alana walk along the corridor to the Gideon's cell was a tribute to the film the silence of the lambs.
And Bryan confirmed it during his walk through season 1 with AV Club.

You should totally read it! It's a very long but incredibly informative interview that he did with a journalist commenting episode by episode all the preproduction, directing and writing work for season 1.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/bryan-fuller-walks-us-through-the-first-three-epis,100582/

Be aware of the spoilers if you haven't finished yet season 1.

Credit

Credit

Last edited by Ladyfuschia; 10-09-2013 at 10:31 AM
Old 10-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Banned

Credit
Old 04-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

In case we have new fans/visitors .

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 04-28-2015, 12:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 05-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 07-21-2015, 12:42 PM
Moderator Support Team

http://cayya.tumblr.com/post/121451169226

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 07-23-2015, 07:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

E is for Entree / Hannibal Alphabet - The Cannibal Concierge

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 07-28-2015, 08:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

this is my design. | wiith-my-hands: Entrée/Contorno parallels

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 08-16-2015, 01:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

crossroadscastiel: hannibal | one gifset per... | What we see and what we seem are but a dream

BRICS
🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide