Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Banned

She sure won a few points in your book because of it!

But, i'm appreciative too: because it's rare in Hollywood to have actors who have such a complete experience: stage, TV and films.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Please add me.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 07-30-2013, 04:51 AM
Banned

You've been added!

Credit
Old 07-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

I will ease your mind.

I’m on your side, when darkness comes.

Source

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 07-31-2013, 05:43 AM
Banned

Thank you for the art!

I love their friendship!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

FLAWLESS GIF I love them. <3
Old 08-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Banned

a quote that describes or fits a character (1/1)

// "a good motto to live by: always try not to get killed" - george carlin //

Credit
Old 08-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds like it would work better for Will.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Banned

TATTLE-CRIME.COM’S EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH HETTIENNE PARK!

Quote:
Tattlers and Fannibals, I am so please to present my exclusive interview with the lovely Hettienne Park!Slight spoiler warnings here, nothing too big. I cannot thank Hettienne enough for her time and how quickly she got back to me!

How did you get the role of Beverly Katz?
I remember meeting with an executive at NBC who told me Bryan Fuller had seen me on stage in a play I did on Broadway. She said they were casting HANNIBAL and Fuller was interested in me reading for Beverly. Then a while later, I auditioned for a casting director. Then a while after that, I was at my cousin’s wedding in LA and my manager called with the good news. I was headed for Toronto to play Katz.

Were you a “Fannibal" before this role or was this an introduction to Mr. Harris’ work for you?
I had seen Silence of the Lambs, which was one of my favorite films.

Beverly is a science girl, do you share that love of science with her or are you opposites?
I definitely find science interesting. My dad was a doctor and my father-in-law is a brilliant scientist, so I have maybe a little more than a layman’s grasp of it, but I wouldn’t say it’s my first love the way it is for Beverly.

Who’s your favorite character?
Winston.

Anyone that you didn’t get to interact with in season 1 that you’d like to work with in season 2?
Hannibal.

Something I hear often said is “Beverly was interesting, but it wasn’t until the show that I really loved her." How does it feel to know you’ve taken a minor character from the books and given her new life?
I read Red Dragon. She’s barely in there, but Bryan is the one who deserves the credit for giving her new life. I’ll take credit for making her Asian.

Everyone’s gone for the day and Beverly has the lab to herself - would she blast music? If so, what would she be listening to?
In the lab? Probably Portishead, Glory Box. Or Medeski, Martin & Wood, End of the World Party.

We only really get to see Beverly at work, what’s she like in her downtime? Do you think we will get to know Beverly better in Season 2?
On the rare occasion that she has downtime, I imagine she’s into kickboxing, whiskey, salsa dancing, and sculpting. I can’t say what’s in store for her Season 2, but I’m sure it’ll be delicious.

Talk to us about Will and Beverly - Does Beverly have romantic feelings for Will, or is she just a good friend?
I’m not sure there’s space in Beverly’s life for romantic feelings, especially in the workplace – at least not now. So far, Beverly and Will are friends with a unique bond and understanding.

Does she believe that Will Graham killed Abigail Hobbs? Does she believe Will is the Copycat Shrike?
Well she is a scientist and the evidence she’s been presented with seems to indicate Will killed Abigail. Although, I doubt she’d rush to bet money on it with total certainty.

People love “Team Science" (Katz, Zeller and Price) and you guys all work together seamlessly, the banter, the jokes, all perfect- did you develop that camaraderie together intentionally or did it just happen?

Our chemistry seemed to be there from the start. We all met on the first day of our forensics training before we began shooting. And it just clicked and made sense. The bickering and sexual innuendo came so naturally. Then our camaraderie grew from there. I love Scott and Aaron. Even though they are both total divas, extremely demanding, and have violent tempers, we manage have a couple laughs on and off set.

Hannibal is such a food centric show - what’s your personal favorite dish? Is there a meal in the show you wished you’d gotten to eat? What do you imagine Beverly likes to eat?
My personal favorite dish is a juicy cheeseburger and fries. On the show, I wish I got to eat the intestine linguine as it is probably gluten-free. I imagine Bev likes to eat tacos. And oysters. And Chinese takeout.

Talk to me about the fans: You have people tweeting at you as your character, does that ever get a little weird? What’s it like to interact with a fandom so closely?
Actually, I don’t think anyone has tweeted at me as my character. There is a Beverly Katz avatar, so they probably get those tweets. I think it’s amazing interacting with fans on-line.

Anything you’d like to say to the Fannibals?
I love you guys. Thank you so much for all the love, support, enthusiasm, and positive vibes.

Fun Bonus Questions: Tell us about your amazing mom: She watched the show with you while you livetweeted for season 1 and added some absolutely hilarious commentary- is she looking forward to seeing season 2? What does she think of your character? What’s her advice to Dr. Lecter, and if she was going to cook him a dish, what would it be?
My mom has no idea how hilarious she can be, which makes her even funnier in my opinion. She is both interested in and afraid of watching the show. I’m not sure what she thinks of my character but, being my mom, often complains that she wants to see more of me. I don’t know what her advice to Dr. Lecter is. She knows he’s not real, so she probably doesn’t have any advice for him. But if she was going to cook him a dish, it would probably be Hamul Chigae (spicy seafood stew). Hannibal, of course, would have to provide a side of people.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Anyone that you didn’t get to interact with in season 1 that you’d like to work with in season 2?
Hannibal.
I literally just realized that we, in fact, never had a scene between Hannibal and Bev. Hope we get it on season 2.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 AM
Banned

Maybe the writers can show her being smarter than Hannibal and being able to undo all the material evidences he made up to frame Will and Hannibal watching her do it and trying desperately to stay one step ahead!

There’s a science to fear
It plagues my mind
And it keeps us right here
And it keeps us here

Credit
Old 08-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be great to watch her fighting hard to prove Will has been framed. She's the scientist, I'm sure she can find holes in the evidence that can prove Will's innocence.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Banned

Hannibal meme | [3/5] pairs - Will and Beverly

↳ “How would I know if something was up with you?”
”You wouldn’t. But I would tell you if you asked me.”

Credit
Old 08-09-2013, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love that quote.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:43 AM
Banned

Credit