Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2023, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally get it. After what happened with Alex. The trio of Max, Michael and Isabel were scared of bringing anymore people into the secret. So, she was wary. Even the more she got to know Jesse, she was scared.

A lot was happening. She was grieving Alex's death. She wanted to leave but everything happened, and she stayed. She was starting college. And Jesse was there, so of course, she fell for him.

And they married too quickly. But that was the story. What happens when you rush into something, and secrets start to come out. There were aspects of Jesse, she did not know. But of course, she had the bigger secret that Jesse did not know until it was too late.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes there storyline was tragic. I didn't hate Jessie I just wished their relationship wasn't based on lies.

I also felt that if we saw how Jessie helped Isabel grieve the death of Alex I think more people would have warmed up to him. Its was all so rushed.

Then again we knew Isabel had a thing for older guys. We knew that Jessie was 26 and the their was an eight year difference between them.

However who knows how old Grant was. Or the guy Dave who Isabel met in Vegas when she attended his friend Glen and Tracy's wedding. She did catch the bouquet.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Grant was definitely older. We never knew how much. He had a job, and working. And yes, Jesse was older. Probably because Katherine was older too back then, and she looked it. She did not look 17/18. So, it was easier to pair her older characters.

I did not mind Jesse. I can see where they were going with, the storyline. But because of the level of what Jesse did not know, going in, it was a lot to handle for him. And therefore, when he found out the truth. He did not take it, that easily. And even if the series had not ended the way it did, I don't know if Jesse would be able to accept Isabel as she was.
Old 08-13-2023, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes clearly Grant was older he had graduated from college they mention that in Skin and Bones that he graduated from the University of Wyoming and probably had been working for a while. I am assuming he was in his mid 30's.

Reason why is because he was doing research he appeared to be older in the show and even Mrs. Evans questioned the year he was born in Surprise when he mentioned his Birthday.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 08-14-2023, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did like Diane Evans blantantly asking Grant's age at Isabel's 18th birthday party. It was funny. Whether she had a type. Yeah, she did go at times for those who were older. And yet, there were times where she was clearly still starting out in life. And she and Jesse still had a lot of growing up to do. It did not help that they did so much rushing in the relationship.
Old 08-15-2023, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I loved Diana and how blunt she was at times. Her one liners were priceless!

I remember Diana had a lot to say when Isabel was engaged to Jessie.
Old 08-16-2023, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That she did although I did feel for Isabel in her dealing with her mother on her wedding. Diane was right, chance was that it would end in heartache or disaster. And Isabel was rushing. But it was Isabel's right to make the choice. And showing her disapproval to the point of sabotaging the plans for the wedding.

Isabel's original idea was to wait. Not have it right away. Diane pushed until Isabel rebelled.

And not wanting to come to the wedding, until Max intervened.
Old 08-17-2023, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree no wonder Isabel rebelled with Diana pressuring her. Sometimes I feel Isabel wanted a normal life so much she would do anything to get it.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Which went back to that assessment Topolsky did LOL. Isabel craved family, settling down. Despite her outer exterior showing more. She was not finding that great love so easily, unlike Max and Michael. Who found Liz and Maria quickly.

She wanted happiness. So, she rushed into it with Jesse. Unfortunately, it was a recipe for a messy relationship once Jesse became aware.

There were parts of Jesse that Isabel did not know. But her secret was the biggie.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally agree. She wanted love so much at any coast even lied to find it.
Old 08-19-2023, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She did not necessary lie. Just kept a major secret that would impact her marriage. Jesse had parts of him that were contrary what you believed him to me, but it was also his youth. Although some of his friends were were shady LOL. But Isabel going into the marriage not telling him something so big about herself.

She was used to hiding. But still, it was different from being home and hiding from your parents. Because she had Max to buffer. But to married, and having a spouse sensing something was up. It was not a good recipe.
Old 08-22-2023, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally agree and yes Jessie friends were shady!
Old 08-23-2023, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was funny. They might have helped. Although Jesse's reporter friend made it harder. But it showed that the truth was not going to make it easier for her marriage. Made "Married to a Alien" episode interesting to watch.

And then when she got shot. Of course Jesse had someone who could help.

They learned a lot after their marriage. With knowing so little going in. Although Jesse sensed something was off, and odd.
Old 08-27-2023, 07:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I agree I love how the actor who played Jessie friend is now in all of the Hallmark movies.
Old 08-30-2023, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And has popped up in other roles. But yeah, apparently he's also an author and has published a romance novel or two.

And was the lead to Shiri in Life Unexpected. That was a fun moment to watch that series, knowing he had aired on Roswell.

It's always fun to see someone we knew from Roswell appear elsewhere.
Reply   Post New Thread