Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Absolute Fan

I've ordered mine from amazon, amd i cant remember how to track it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 02:04 AM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] morning

Lizzy glad hubby's mum is better [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] have a good time in Guernsey.

LTL thanks for telling us about Nick [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lotty did you get your comp back? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

PLR I think you track your goods under your account on Amazon [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

ok it's gone 8 and my kids are still in bed [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Off to kick them out [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 03:48 AM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Morning all, it's great to see some action here on this thread.

LTL [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] welcome to our little thread and thanks sooo much for bringing that info over [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I wonder who it was that made the biggest impact [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I wonder if it was those pretty young girls he liked talking to [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lolly We are a go for computers [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] well almost [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] still some stuff to do to it, but nothing that will stop me chatting [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] first thing I did last night was dl AIM [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I'm back up under my usual name [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] so it's [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] now [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

PLR go search, we need to know the status of all UK Roswellians in the pursuit of achieving a Season 1 dvd [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lizzy [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/slinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] that's the best news I've had all week [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I can't wait to see what extra's they've got [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] you guys realise that David Nutter is yapping on them right [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH as Seth Green Said in The Italian Job [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Such a shame you might not get to see them [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] you'll have to be Hard with the family and tell them you're watching them [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hugzie, Wugzie, Wooo [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] long time not postie [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] how are you??

Shiri see mate [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] you'll get your stuff taped [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Shell hope life's good at your end [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] come post more often [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Edited to say, can someone please help me [img]smilies/furious.gif[/img] I would like to buy one of thouse pot/glass hands that you can put your rings on etc etc and can I find anywhere that sells them [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] No [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

[ 02-13-2004: Message edited Lottyjp ]

Friendship
Observance
Loyalty
Destiny

To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lottyjp:
<STRONG>you guys realise that David Nutter is yapping on them right [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Afternoon [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Hope you all get your DVD's soon, David is good on the Smallville S1 so he should be just as good on Roswell
Old 02-13-2004, 08:42 AM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Afternoon [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Friendship
Observance
Loyalty
Destiny

To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Absolute Fan

i've checked it out, its not shipped yet, and it says its due between Mar 2, 2004 - Mar 15, 2004 [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] i'm so deprived [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

i'm such a crybaby [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Hey guys. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I haven't posted here ... but I was just searching around Amazon.co.uk and found that the Season 1 DVD actually has a region 2 release date. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It's not until April 19th, but can't wait to actually get the whole season on dvd. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 03:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Kirsty mate that sucks [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Doodle [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] welcome to the thread [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] thanks for tha info [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Friendship
Observance
Loyalty
Destiny

Old 02-14-2004, 06:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Received the set yesterday and was able to get through quite a bit last night. Let’s start with the good news:

Picture. Quality is very good considering this was first recorded in 1999 with the images being sharp and colours vivid without being garish. Contrast is excellent with blacks coming over as solid and no bleeding along edges. The widescreen format (1.78:1) is great and the picture remains free of any artefacts unless you are looking very hard for them. 10/10

Audio. Initially I was not impressed as I was expecting the Dolby Digital 5.1 audio to make more use of the rear speakers on my surround sound system. However it soon became evident that there is little in the way of ‘sound effects’ in this set that would bring these in to play, as it is very dialogue heavy. In this respect the audio proved excellent with dialogue coming across as clear and precise even with loud background sounds. Those without surround systems will not miss out much here. 9/10

Not such good news:

Packaging. Much has been discussed over the last couple of months of the front graphic on the box set but overall I found the packaging to be disappointing. Each disc is contained in its own thin transparent case and these are all kept together by the outer cardboard box. This is a fairly flimsy affair that I don’t think will stand up to much use so handle with care. The use of individual cases may have seems like a good idea but pick the box up the wrong way and they end up on the floor at your feet. I personally prefer the fold out system as used in the Dawson’s Creek sets. Each disc case has its own cover but the same background graphic is used throughout with an enlarged head shot of the main characters overlaid. These head shots are grainy and of poor quality so the overall impression is not good. The disc labels continue the ‘orange’ theme using the same background graphic. After seeing the Japanese version of the box set I would sum this up as being uninspired. 5/10

On-screen menus. The discs play straight in to the episode selection menu and it is only by going in to each of these that you can access the extras. Moody and slightly abstract images are used for the backgrounds to the menus and these I felt worked well. Navigation is simple and at last we see the ‘hand print’ as this forms the on-screen icon but strangely enough it’s in a funny green colour rather than silver. 8/10

Soundtrack. Ah the controversial issue. As we all know by now the soundtrack had to be changed so the DVD set could be produced but how successful have these changes been? To quote Jason Katims “I am more exited to watch these versions of the episodes than the originals”. Well I disagree. Most of the changes are not that important and an example of this would be the soundtrack that is played when Isabel is listening to the CD in the back of the jeep in the Pilot episode. While it’s not the same, overall that scene has not really been changed. However an example where it has made a major difference (for me) is the final scene in ‘Leaving Normal’ when Max takes Liz back to the diner. With the original soundtrack this scene has a real emotional intensity about it but it has been replaced with some bog standard backing track which has taken away the emotional impact it used to have. I’m sure other examples will be evident as you go through the set. Generally the big songs have been replaced with much lighter, backing style soundtracks which are a mixed success. 6/10

Extras. Well I’m not really a big fan of extras so can’t really compare these with other sets. The one thing I did find strange is that the deleted scene from the Pilot (which is also available on the Fox web site) was not the one I expected. The one included is after Liz gets shot and Max runs out. Maria and Liz go into the bathroom at the diner and Maria is asking Liz what happened but she does not tell. The cut scene I had expected was in the school washroom where Liz explains to Maria why there was blood on the order book and what Max had told her to do (deep breathing).

So overall it’s a mixed bag when looked at from an objective point of view. Of course what is not taken in to account here is the content itself, which is still as good as ever and such a pleasure to have the episodes uncut and uninterrupted by ads. At the end of the day I would still have paid more money to buy this even if it had been in just a plain cover with Roswell on it. I just hope a bit more effort is put in to the packaging for Season 2.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Finally managed to get signed in, as pc is playing up [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Still waiting for my dvd, should have been here by now, but need to give it 2 more days, then it can be offically noted as lost in the post [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Has anyone heard the song 'Somewhere only we know' by Keane, I can not get this song out of my head - its so beautiful.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Absolute Fan

where did u guys all order ur DVDs then to get them so quick?
Old 02-14-2004, 10:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by prettylittleroswellian:
<STRONG>where did u guys all order ur DVDs then to get them so quick?</STRONG>
I ordered mine this Tuesday from DVD-Pacific. Even paying the £8 courier fee (2 day service) it was still cheaper than anyone else. Total fee was £34 something.
Old 02-15-2004, 02:28 AM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

MODs please close this thread.

[img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] thanks [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

Friendship
Observance
Loyalty
Destiny

Closed Thread   Post New Thread