Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Extreme Fan

I love the cover. Runs to pre-order copy now.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yea, sorry about the topic I started yesterday, I didn't realize there was one already.

But yes.. ahh... i love that image... WOOHOO GO ROSWELL DVD!
Old 11-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't say I like the cover art. I think that Shiri is terribly depictured! She looks like she is going to hurt somebody!!! Not at all a Liz-look...

It would be better a cover based on S1 promo posters... they are quite better...
Old 11-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I have to say something about the covert art as well -
it looks kewl and stuff, but I have seen Jason Behr and Shiri in those same pictures, only seperately. It looks like they just cropped them together. I still like the cover art. I just wish it also had the rest of the cast on it but who knows.... the back art might be kewl. Does anyone know if they plan on releasing the back cover art or disc art before it is released? Maybe I should contact http://www.davisdvd.com
Old 11-24-2003, 07:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

The BBFC website is claiming that the Region 2 (UK) DVD set will be in widescreen instead of full screen. I'm really hoping the US gets the same.
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...&Title=roswell

The site also lists a few extra features, including some featurette titles: "Area 51" (30mins.) & "Roswell High" (just over 10mins.). [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 07:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

playusa.com now have Roswell available for pre-order with free delivery. The price is high compared with Amazon.com but only when you compare it against local deliveries. For those outside the US you have to add on International Delivery and this then makes it comparable.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the blow up of the cover.

Greenglow and Mustang agree with you. I like it but more like the posters would have been better.

Teetee

Don't be so opened minded that your brains fall out.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:56 AM
Loyal Fan

I wanted to get people's reactions to what they think of the cover. So I opened a thread for someone to post a dvd cover scan and then someone who has never seen it before or if they have they act like they haven't and they give a complete speculate on there views on the cover. It is quite interesting what other non- roswell nuts think about the cover. Becuase I am trying to figure out if a total stranger would buy it based on the cover. Roswell of course was the first coert art posted and it was given a in depth reply of a total stranger who has never seen the show. Check it out at:
DVD Cover Art Speculation Thread
Old 12-07-2003, 02:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

I can't wait til after the holidays when I can finally get enough money to pre-order the DVD. Can't freaking wait!!!

Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PHMustang2000:
<STRONG>I wanted to get people's reactions to what they think of the cover</STRONG>
Great idea. I have added my comment and it was interesting to read the impression of a non Roswell fan that was already posted.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:50 AM
Loyal Fan

I talked to the owner of a DVD Site about Roswell's quality and they said since Roswell is a recent release (in other words it didn't debut back in 1997 like Buffy) that the quality will probably be up to date and current. I have own season 1 and 2 of bufy and the quality is kinda lacking clearness but I hear in about Season 4 of Buffy the quality gets alot better. So I am assuming the quality will be around what the quality is for Season 4 and 5 of Buffy
Old 12-11-2003, 06:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

The quality as broadcast by the satellite channel in the UK was very good and the DVD sets I made from this would compare with most commercial ones. I would however expect the official DVD sets to be even better as they will be reproduced from the masters and won't be subject to lower bitstreams transmissions that broadcast channels adopt to save bandwidth.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi Roswellians -
I just wanted to let you know that I am gonna cap the Season 1 Roswell DVD with my DVD Rom DVD Player and I will post them in a album online so people can check it out. I plan to do every ep. For example of how I do it you can look at the Smallville caps below:

Smallville Pilot Caps

I am not done with it. I don't know how many of Smallville's I will do but Roswell I will prob do all the eps becuase I am more dedicated to Roswell. Like the album I will start of taking caps of the menus then go into the eps and also each album will be a episode so it will be organized. I also plan to cap the deleted scenes too and when I get completly done with it I will make a few clips from the set that will be at the end of the album. If you keep coming back to the smallville one you will get the idea of what i plan to do for roswell. at the end of the smallville one. i'll make a few clips as well. i prob will cap roswell in order of episodes unless there is a high demand for me to do another one. Just letting yall know. I got the idea from a buffy site:

Buffy Screencap Site (that gave me the idea)

Let me know what you think about this [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] thanks
Old 12-16-2003, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PrometheusUFO:
<STRONG>The BBFC website is claiming that the Region 2 (UK) DVD set will be in widescreen instead of full screen. I'm really hoping the US gets the same.
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...&Title=roswell

The site also lists a few extra features, including some featurette titles: "Area 51" (30mins.) & "Roswell High" (just over 10mins.). [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Will Amazon release a DVD that can be played on region 2 DVD player? I don't understand that stuff very good so...

[img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Amazon.com have said that the Roswell S1 DVD will have 23 episodes in it. But the odd thing is that S1 only had 22 episodes. Did Amazon make a mistake or will there be another episode that we have never seen before?

Stephan