Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2024, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

No it's so sad. The WB was more focused on getting Smallville off the ground and Roswell was only going to last one season in reality. It was considered a "filler" show so to speak.

They had no idea how large the following or the fan base would be. After the Tabasco Sauce campaign where the WB was shipped tons of Tabasco bottles to save the show they had to renew it for season two.

However it was sad that they didn't really care what direction the show went and eventually cancelled Roswell.

It is a miracle that we got a third season and on a different network. I think when Buffy was cancelled by the WB and the fans were able to get UPN to pick it up Roswell fans took notice and we got season three on UPN.

However that season all over the place as well. To me season three dose not exist. There is only one episode I like and that is the New Years one. Either then that it's a hard season to watch. It was too teen age drama for me and not enough good scifi storylines.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I get the network didn't love Roswell but that doesn't give the writers an excuse to be lazy.
Old 01-10-2024, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

You'd think not, but I can't think of another explanation for a lot of the things that happened

Old 01-10-2024, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish we knew which things the writers / producers asked to do that the network said no to

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...590&fit=bounds
the hands!

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...590&fit=bounds
Old 01-10-2024, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

That scene was shot so well! The hands shot is really beautiful
Old 01-10-2024, 05:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Is there a general thread for the show?
I just rewatched the first season after probably more than 10 years, 1st season
was perfect, after that there is few good episodes but overall much much worse. To me season one of Roswell was better than any Smallville season, and i watched Smallville and liked it.
To stay on topic i loved Tess and Max although Michael and Isabel was my favorite couple but just by little
apjrlmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
That scene was shot so well! The hands shot is really beautiful
I am so glad they gave us a nicely shot romance scene.

Um...I don't know about a general Roswell thread. Erin could tell you.
I can't remember much about Smallville, so I'll agree s1 of Roswell was better.

I liked Michael / Isabel too and wish their destiny wasn't dropped.
Old 01-11-2024, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It was, when you look at that, it's crazy to think that they weren't really invested in the Max/Tess romance!

Welcome to the board, apjrlmcd

I love Michael & Isabel too! You should check out their thread sometime: https://www.fanforum.com/f12/cliffha...9/index15.html
Old 01-11-2024, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by apjrlmcd (View Post)
Is there a general thread for the show?
I just rewatched the first season after probably more than 10 years, 1st season
was perfect, after that there is few good episodes but overall much much worse. To me season one of Roswell was better than any Smallville season, and i watched Smallville and liked it.
To stay on topic i loved Tess and Max although Michael and Isabel was my favorite couple but just by little
Welcome to the Roswell Board apjrlmcd please make yourself at home! We have thread for all of the couples you love so please post away! The Cliffy thread for Isabel and Micheal is a lot of fun.

Also introduce yourself on our welcome thread all information about couples and other fun goodies are there.

https://www.fanforum.com/f12/roswell...club-63222915/

It is so nice to have another Roswell fan here! Don't worry not all of us hate Smallville. I am a Superman fan in general and personally I love the Luthers on Smallville!

Yes Tess and Max had so many great moments.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 01-12-2024, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I do remember liking the Smallville episode where blood rained down on Lex.

I think Tess and Superman could've won the Antar war together.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Oh yes I remember that episode.

I agree Tess and Superman together would have been awesome!

Seriously Lex Luther father was more evil then Kivar as.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I'm actually rewatching the early seasons of Smallville for the first time now, so that's funny time that we're talking about that show here now! I was playing around in my mind of using some footage from Smallville of the spaceship & stuff, and mixing it with Roswell
Old 01-13-2024, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Oh yes some people have done that over the years.

I would love to see what you come up with.
Old 01-13-2024, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I'm actually rewatching the early seasons of Smallville for the first time now, so that's funny time that we're talking about that show here now! I was playing around in my mind of using some footage from Smallville of the spaceship & stuff, and mixing it with Roswell
You totally should. If you make MT videos using Smallville clip, I'd love to see them.
Old 01-14-2024, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I'll keep thinking about it & hopefully something will click for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Oh yes some people have done that over the years.

I would love to see what you come up with.
I would love to see what other people have done! Do you have any links?