Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2004, 12:41 PM
Total Fan

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Iris!! Totally couple's video material [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2004, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PoP NoT SoDa:
<STRONG>Tess is normal when she doesn't have to stalk and chase Max. I love the whole dad thing, and you and the baby always have a home no matter what [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] He really cared about her, and before the prom kiss with Max, she really cared about them. I agree with you Anla deep down inside she cared about them. Max just makees people go spastic [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] </STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] While I don't think that Max can take the blame for what Tess did, I agree that Tess seems like a totally different person when she wasn't following Max around going on and on about their "destiny". [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I hated Tess in Season 1, but really grew to like the character as she developed in S2. I hated seeing what happened to her at the end of that season. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>That's the beauty of the realtionship even thought they are different they understand each other. They get each other. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Exactly. That's what I love about Michael and Maria. They really understand each other, often when nobody else around them does.

I actually had more to say about the episode (especially the whole Tess thing), but I got tired and had to stop. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'll post more of babbling thoughts at some later time. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>++++ Iris By Goo goo Dolls [ My favorite band [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]]</STRONG>
I love this song. One of my absolute favorites. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 01-17-2004, 03:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey all...I've been a reallly really really bad candy, but I just wanted to kind of stop in and say hi.

oh and btw...Iris...best d*mn song ever!
-maria

[ 01-17-2004: Message edited The Maria ]
Old 01-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

I had a few problems with "Departure." My only problem with the Candy aspects is that they were put into an episode that had so many other problems that I couldn't properly appreciate them - the Candy was the bright spot for me.

I still find it unforgivable that the episode, which seemed likely to be the series finale (oh that it had been!) ended so sadly. I did not like the ghost/hallucination scenes. I don't like angst. I don't want to see goodbyes. I want my show back!

I didn't buy the Tess as evil and omnipotent. Neither had continuity with what had gone before (except in OTM).

I found the scene of the Five Plus Another an incredible rip-off of one of my all-time favorite scenes, of the original six. Much as I like Kyle, he isn't Alex, and you can't just replace one male human with another. We're all different. If there had been a scene which had had all eight of them standing together, adding Kyle and Tess to the core group, and doing homage to the original S1 scene... that would have been truly wonderful. But the rip-off was just painful.

Isabel should have told Max off, and decided to stay much earlier. I really wish she had. Her parents, her plans, her memories... all on Earth. Why give all that up for her manipulative, black-mailing, scumbag king who no longer acts like a brother to her?

As I said, the Candy scenes were amazing. It was great to see the relationship develop. I think it's great that they took this step so seriously. These scenes belonged in a far better episode!

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2004, 06:22 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Candies!!!

Dana- I totally meant to type 3 doors down, but i was just thinking about creed and it popped out. so sorry.

Maria, AAAHHHH!!!! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] you're right. you haven't been in here in FOREVER!!! Good to see you girl!!

Lovin the discussions. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Anla, wow, you started ur new chapter with "enter sandman". are you a Met fan too? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/cat.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sHobhnA GuerIn CRAZY CANDY:
<STRONG>

Maria, AAAHHHH!!!! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] you're right. you haven't been in here in FOREVER!!! Good to see you girl!!
</STRONG>
thanks shobhna...it's good to be back.
-maria
Old 01-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi Everyone! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Anla and PoP NoT SoDa, thank you so much for your observations and discussions on The Departure! They're GREAT! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I just wanted to talk a moment about something you both brought up, which I experienced differently.

Quote:
from Anla:

Max and Liz investigating Leanna-is-not-Leanna. Now, I think Liz was completely right to stop Max from killing the girl like that. I was very disturbed by the way that Max was going about things in those scenes. I only wish Liz had protested more before leaving him alone to do what he was going to do. But the later conclusion that Jennifer Coleman couldn't possibly have anything to do with Alex's death was yet another part of this investigation that made me scream at the TV. Where did this brilliant deduction that because someone is human they must be innocent come from? Yeah, maybe she wasn't the one who gave Alex the destiny book. But that doesn't mean she couldn't have been helping the alien who was behind it, either knowingly or being tricked somehow. Just because she was human did not mean that she was an innocent. Pierce was human, and he was certainly capable of murder. "Leanna" ran away from Liz and Maria and then proceeded to leave the university. Coincidence? It could have been. But on the other hand, maybe not. Yet Liz and Max don't even try to question her and see if she knew anything about Alex. They just say "Oh, she's human. She must be innocent. Let's forget all the ways she was connected to what happened to Alex and move on." Really bugged me.
Quote:
from PoP NoT SoDa:

I agree with the whole Leanna, thing. I mean what was the whole point of Alex's Leanna-is- not-Leanna, if she was only an innocent human. I was thinking they could have made Leanna a shape shifter or something, but no she was just an innocent human. Really pointless and it got me angry because you realise Liz never completed the investigation.... well what do we except she was too busy swooning and being upset over Max.
The reason Liz and Max didnt question Leanna/Jennifer Coleman further is that they wanted to test her blood first to figure out if she was an alien (which she wasnt).

Liz and Max arrived in Las Cruces at night.

They left Las Cruces to test the blood under the microscope in Roswell. Along the way, Max told Liz they were leaving Earth.

After learning that Leanna/Jennifer Coleman wasnt an alien, Max took Liz home at her request. He said his goodbye to her, giving her the pendant from Athertons dome home.

Roswell was too distant for them to return to Las Cruces and interview Leanna/Jennifer Coleman. Also, it was late at night. Max ran out of time to help Liz further. Liz didnt go back alone that night to talk to Leanna/Jennifer Coleman.

Max asked Valenti to keep Liz, Maria, and Kyle safe, since he had not found Alexs killer.

Later that night, Kyle, with Lizs help, remembered how Alex died, so there was no further need for Liz or Max to interview Leanna. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

So the reason that Liz and Max didnt follow up interviewing Leanna/Jennifer Coleman after they returned to Roswell and found Jennifer was human is because it was too late at night and Max was leaving. Also, they figured out that Tess was responsible for Alexs death, so there was no further need to investigate. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Again, thank you both for your great comments and insights on The Departure!!

screencaps from Momo's Roswell

[ 01-18-2004: Message edited Citrus and Vine ]
Old 01-19-2004, 01:03 AM
Total Fan

MARIA!!!!!! I'm glad you're here!

Sorry, my computer's been acting stupid so I haven't been around much. Love the thoughts posted on Departure. So sweet. Definitely one of my favorite episodes.

Peace~Jordan
Old 01-19-2004, 04:33 AM
Master Fan

Good morning, Candies! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Just for your information - I updated my fic "Shattered" yesterday. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 01-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

I still have to agree with Anla on the problems surrounding Leanna. It's possible for humans to work with aliens - Liz, is, after all! And even the discovery of what the omnipotent Tess did doesn't rule Leanna out as an accomplice.

Leanna surely had some significance, for Alex to struggle so hard to leave clues. Either she was involved or she knew something (maybe even something she was unaware of knowing?). But dropping her was just another Roswell absurdity. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/abduct.gif[/img] [img]smilies/read.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Master Fan

I agree. Leanna-is-not-Leanna could very well have been an accomplice with Tess, or at the very least, have known something. Or she could have been completely innocent (although personally, with all the connections between her and Alex and the way she reacted to seeing Maria and Liz, I'm inclined to think she was involved somehow, even if she was being used by Tess). But they dropped the investigation into her before they could know for certain. I could perhaps see them not having time to investigate her fully in Departure, but it should have been something they returned to later on. The fact that she was human, which seemed to be the big proof Liz came up with regarding her, does not mean she's innocent. This, and so much about Departure, is especially annoying to me because it was dropped and never mentioned again in S3.

[ 01-19-2004: Message edited Anla ]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 01-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Heh, we need a Michael and Maria music list, then I can make icons with them.
yeah, definetly dana good idea. heh [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] i say 'Everything by Lifehouse' and/or 'I wanna be with you by Mandy Moore'

[ 01-19-2004: Message edited i can give you now ]
Old 01-20-2004, 03:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sHobhnA GuerIn CRAZY CANDY:
<STRONG>Anla, wow, you started ur new chapter with "enter sandman". are you a Met fan too? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Well, I don't know enough Metallica songs to really count as a fan. But I do like this one CD that I have, and that's one of my favorite songs on it. And it seemed appropriate for where I was going with the dreams in that fic. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 01-20-2004, 04:54 AM
Absolute Fan

Music list:

Plumb~Stranded

Collective Soul~Run

Doves~Blackbird
Old 01-20-2004, 08:19 AM
Total Fan

OMG! they are so beautiful!