Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2023, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

& how they both felt about it afterwards, Michael's "but why not?" definitely showed that he wanted to explore those feelings
Old 08-29-2023, 09:20 AM
New Fan

Yes, exactly to all those things! It felt like a bit of an abrupt end to the dreams story - especially because Michael was fairly supportive about the idea. "Well I've never been that happy before." Like, come on!

And then the show goes and has Tess become pregnant - I dunno, I felt like that storyline was flimsy! I wished Nasedo had stuck around and been more of a 'guide/mentor' similar to Giles/Wesley on Buffy - minus Nasedo being humanly supportive and what not - and had the the aliens working on honing their skills.
Darling Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They could have definitely done with some of that guidance!

It almost feels like the Tess pregnancy storyline should have been Michael & Isabel's
Old 08-29-2023, 02:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Kinda felt like they wanted to get rid of Tess, though. But that also felt like her mind control powers were how she was able to get them to *think* the pregnancy on Earth was hurting her and the baby.

I would have loved a parallel storyline with M/I and showing that Tess was manipulating them. With Isabel having a "normal" pregnancy.

Gah. Now that makes me think of the dreams and them with that adorable baby boy!
Old 08-30-2023, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I would have really loved an Isabel/Michael pregnancy too, it felt like they were meant to have a family at some point & they would have been such great parents together!

https://starryeyesxx.tumblr.com/post/150223143303

Old 08-30-2023, 07:32 AM
New Fan

Oh yeah, once they revealed Tess killed Alex I knew her character was toast. It was sad to lose Alex, but it was a powerful storyline - just didn't like how it wrapped up.

For season 1, episode 20, I thought it would have been very alien to get pregnant from a dream, and Alex's speech to Isabel (about her possible pregnancy) at the Crashdown was a vivid example of what Alex brought to the show. I guess that is what is fun about finding a group of Cliffie's - getting to chat about all the what-if!

When Season 2 rolled around I was looking forward to any Isabel/Michael moments but they felt kinda limited. I probably over analysed many of them in my head, haha.
Old 08-30-2023, 07:52 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I would have really loved an Isabel/Michael pregnancy too, it felt like they were meant to have a family at some point & they would have been such great parents together!

https://starryeyesxx.tumblr.com/post/150223143303

Those gifs Thank you for creating these!

Michael and Isabel both seemed to have this deep affinity for family (the ideals of one) and they have this protective and respectful relationship - and maybe I am just partial to the 'friends to lovers' trope, but anyway, I would have loved to see the pregnancy storyline too. I mean, especially since they ended up doing a pregnancy story anyway.

I know lots of writers dread babies and writing around them, but they could have kept Nasedo around and had him kidnap the baby when it was born and take it back to Antar.

Anyway, that is just wishful fan fictioning now!
Old 08-30-2023, 07:58 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

I love the wedding dance! They're so happy and smiles and they just FIT so well!

I am super into Friends-to-Lovers. It's one of my favorites. So it was immediate with them.

Yes. You are so right. They do both have a "deep affinity for family" because of their (vastly different) human experiences. And that's part of the draw for them. She will always be his family.

OHHHHHHHHHH. That's an interesting plot. Maybe if the show was set in college years vs high school years.
Old 08-31-2023, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

The wedding dance was so cute. Michael, who never liked to dance, was the first to get up & dance with Isabel on her big day

They are so tied to each other, they are family & I could so easily seee them building a family together

Having Nasedo kidnap the baby would have been such an intense storyline, would have created some great drama!
Old 08-31-2023, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

The wedding dance! I never saw Isabel smile so much then when she danced with Michael ! They were both so happy!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Roswell 10/2/00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

They were, it was such a special moment for them

You wouldn't think that she had just married someone else!
Old 09-02-2023, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Such an awesome moment1 Loved the surprise wedding dance!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 09-02-2023, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I'm so glad they got a little something in that episode, wasn't really fun to watch her marry Jesse
Old 09-05-2023, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes I am so happy we got such a sweet moment! I never saw Isabel so happy!

I love how Michael even followed her on her Honeymoon.
Old 09-06-2023, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, that was funny! Although I wish Michael had been more involved in that storyline, I'm sure that he had quite a history with Kivar too