Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2021, 04:30 AM
Elite Fan

Pretty much there was no way it would end well if it started that way
Old 10-26-2021, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
I'm afraid the only thing they knew was that they had to keep Max and Liz away no matter what and to force max and tess down our throats.
I wonder why they wanted to do this. Did they think people would stop watching if L&M was allowed to be together?
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 10-26-2021, 08:21 AM
Elite Fan

Drama? They knew the fans were expectant because the way S1 ended
Old 10-26-2021, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

There are so many other ways to create drama, that what they did! Better ways!
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 10-26-2021, 10:44 AM
Elite Fan

But of course and somehow they ended up with the worst option
Old 10-26-2021, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

^^^^^^ literally ended up destroying the show
Old 10-26-2021, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Shows are constantly wondering if they should put a pair together. Shows today put them together sooner, but not in Roswell day. So, it they found drama because it was a Romeo and Juliet type storyline so it could not be easy. It was not the standard soap opera. And a lot of the obstacles were standard stuff you often get.

They just it in the worst ways. Although with Max and Liz. They never extinguished the promise of them getting their endgame. It could have been a lot worse, but it was not easy to watch. The baby storyline made no sense.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 10-26-2021, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

The baby plot was only going to work with Max and Liz or Michael and Maria but never with Max and Tess as we sadly saw.
Old 10-26-2021, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It made no sense. Because Max and Tess were barely dealt with, and Max and Liz were the couple. And yes, the drama was there if say it was Max and Liz. Or Maria and Michael who had become intimate. A alien human hybrid and human baby, much more interesting. Than someone who fans immediately were against.

Given how she came to town. Playing with Max's mind. Getting on our nerves.

Then to send her off, with the baby. It was good to see Season 3 without them most of the time, with only the idea of the baby overhead causing trouble. Until she came back for closure, which was needed.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pempees (View Post)
I don't necessarily hate Sean and the storyline, but they should have handled that too a lot better! What kind of a writer doesn't plan their seasons out at all? Really makes no sense.
Yes all we know is at the end of season 2 in Departure Sean makes a comment saying how he has to get out of this town.

Hence why we didn't see him in season 3 and I think at that point Majandra and Devon were married or divorced at that point?

However I hear that they are still friends.

I wish Devon could have guest starred as Sean in season 3 like Max meets him in LA or something.

Once thing is I agree Liz was stronger no matter how many times Sean tried Liz knew what she wanted and didn't give in or settle.

I wanted more Ava in season 3 that would have been fun. Or Zan for that matter.

Tess I felt so bad I mean over all I believe she was not evil I blame bad writing on that one. Kivar should have killed Alex. It made much more sense.

Kivar was such a let down we hear so much about how powerful he is and all we get is a love sick frat boy in season 3. After all we went through with End of the World I wanted more.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 10-27-2021, 06:43 AM
Elite Fan

Only JK thought it would work which made me wonder if he really wanted to save the show.
Old 10-27-2021, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Yes all we know is at the end of season 2 in Departure Sean makes a comment saying how he has to get out of this town.

Hence why we didn't see him in season 3 and I think at that point Majandra and Devon were married or divorced at that point?

However I hear that they are still friends.

I wish Devon could have guest starred as Sean in season 3 like Max meets him in LA or something.

Once thing is I agree Liz was stronger no matter how many times Sean tried Liz knew what she wanted and didn't give in or settle.

I wanted more Ava in season 3 that would have been fun. Or Zan for that matter.

Tess I felt so bad I mean over all I believe she was not evil I blame bad writing on that one. Kivar should have killed Alex. It made much more sense.

Kivar was such a let down we hear so much about how powerful he is and all we get is a love sick frat boy in season 3. After all we went through with End of the World I wanted more.
Although I do not think Khivar would have been all that threatened by Alex. Isabel was conflicted by what she was feeling. But she never was truly committing to Alex. Therefore he would not have considered truly a issue if Khivar was keeping track. But Isabel getting married on Earth made him come back and try to mess with the wedding, and especially with the honeymoon when Isabel married Jesse.

It was obvious the show wanted to get back to more mainstream soapy drama than the sci fi in Season 3. They were on a new network, and maybe the budget was not going to be as big. So they dealt with relationship drama, as the kids were getting older and heading towards graduation or with Isabel, out in college, and meeting someone new, who did not know the secret.

I do not think Majandra and Devon got married until after Roswell, I checked, they got married in 2007.

I can believe Sean just wanted to get out of town because of how it went with Liz. So, he moved on.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah Khivar did not care about Jesse so I guess the same was with Alex.
Old 10-27-2021, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I can see why they wanted S3 to be less science fiction and focus on the human side but they still failed in the attempt.
Old 10-27-2021, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I personally think they were successful in some ways. It was never going to be like Season 1. Too much had gone down. They all older, jaded and dealing with the mess that Season 2 brought. UPN did not want it. So they had no loyalty, but they tried to bring it back but too much went down. They could not just ignore it but still it was hard to get over, and it took a lot of time to figure it all out.

Which is why I love Season 3. There were some issues with it. But it was much better than Season 2 which was all over the place, with some very alienating plots for Max and Liz. At least Max and Liz were trying to get over it. But it would take awhile to really get to where they wanted to be.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread