Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
The last thing I needed to see it was Max ignored Liz's feelings ... especially no after the mess of s2. What did Max to gain her trust again? nothing. And I know they were not together when happened what happened, but he still betrayed them, imo.
And yet Liz allowed herself to feel isolated. As Maria said, she could call. Of course when she did, he was right in the middle of his ill-fated mission with Kal. Which taught him the ultimate lesson. Max got tunnel vision. He tried to bring her in, and she came in completely willingly when she could have stayed out. Initially he expected her to be out of it. But she came in on her own. But Utah screwed with it, and forced them to have stay apart and Liz couldn't go with him to California. He was thinking of his son. Which as bad as it was to see, it was a justified. But he did get tunnel vision. And Christmas, could have been better but he again got caught up. Liz hadn't made her peace with it. And they had a moment together in the end, but still they hadn't made peace with it. So they still had a ways to go.

Neither is right or wrong. He ignored her, no doubt. And he could have been better about it. But then Kal taught him a valuable lesson.

I am not sure Max had to gain her trust. He screwed up, royally but his mistake was sleeping with the enemy...and a baby coming from it. When she pushed him away in the first place, and towards Tess. She can be completely pissed that Tess killed Alex, and pissed that Max fell for Tess's act or they all did.

It's not Max's fault that Tess was the enemy. He didn't kill Alex... He was just a fool. They all were...

She did lie that she slept with Kyle. We know she lied. But she still told him. So he had every right to do whatever he wanted. They both acted badly in the wake of losing Alex. And he was a jerk. But then she wasn't that nice to him, either. It was a bad time.

And it took a long time to get over it...even when they were back together.

It's a complex time for them. But ultimately they made it through.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 09-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I totally agree with a two part opening for season 3. Even if they couldn't do two hours they could of said to be continued and do a two part episode.

It would of been cool to have even flashback of the summer of talks and events that related to season 2 and then tying it back to how to was effecting them in the present.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 09-11-2017, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

But something is sure, they had to handle the whole thing better.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

dp
Old 09-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I totally agree with a two part opening for season 3. Even if they couldn't do two hours they could of said to be continued and do a two part episode.

It would of been cool to have even flashback of the summer of talks and events that related to season 2 and then tying it back to how to was effecting them in the present.
Although back then, that storyline device wasn't very much used. It's a standard now. But it might have helped the storyline go down easier. But they wanted a Big Bang episode to introduce the show. And yet show the fallout of Season 2. Because they wanted it to be able to bring new viewers. They didn't want the show to be much of rehashing of what came before it, because they might have not have seen it on the WB. And usually if you have to know what came before, you don't hang to see the show. So they wanted to show the fallout, but have it more standalone or see the fallout that came from their Utah adventure.

It was a hard position for the show to be in. They could have done a lot, differently. But then for the most part, I enjoyed all of it more today than I did back in the day.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And yet Liz allowed herself to feel isolated. As Maria said, she could call. Of course when she did, he was right in the middle of his ill-fated mission with Kal. Which taught him the ultimate lesson. Max got tunnel vision. He tried to bring her in, and she came in completely willingly when she could have stayed out. Initially he expected her to be out of it. But she came in on her own. But Utah screwed with it, and forced them to have stay apart and Liz couldn't go with him to California. He was thinking of his son. Which as bad as it was to see, it was a justified. But he did get tunnel vision. And Christmas, could have been better but he again got caught up. Liz hadn't made her peace with it. And they had a moment together in the end, but still they hadn't made peace with it. So they still had a ways to go.

Neither is right or wrong. He ignored her, no doubt. And he could have been better about it. But then Kal taught him a valuable lesson.
Sorry but I can not take seriously these episodes, it was a mockery on our intelligence
Old 09-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

It's one of the reasons why I hated season 3 so much! I hated most of the storylines.

I only like very few episodes in season 3.

Anyway September is coming up and I always think of the Pilot.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 09-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

It's one of the reasons why I hated season 3 so much! I hated most of the storylines.

I only like very few episodes in season 3.

Anyway September is coming up and I always think of the Pilot.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:43 AM
Extreme Fan

I enjoyed A Tale Of Two Parties

On a fateful September day.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

^ that was a funny episode
Old 09-12-2017, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sorry but I can not take seriously these episodes, it was a mockery on our intelligence
To me, it wasn't that bad. Oh, I can see why it annoyed people but to me, it largely made sense that it all came to this. Now, I didn't care that Max got all tunnel vision but he went to California for a reason, and he had to accomplish that... Liz had a right to feel fed up about it, because she couldn't go. But she went in, wanted to be there for him. And I think her reason holds legitimacy. If the same thing happened to her, I think Max would be there for her...finding the missing kid even if he wasn't the father...

Doesn't mean she had to like it. She loved him too much...

It made sense given their bond. It may not be realistic but given this was a soap opera about alien and human love stories. Powers.

Nothing about Max and Liz was easy. But that is why I still love their journey to this day. Something about Roswell, no matter the flaws, and the show had them... They made it, the hard way.

And we're still debating fifteen years after the show said good-bye.

That is the power of Roswell. And Jason and Shiri, and the whole cast.

I love Tale of Two Parties. It was a fun episode...
Old 09-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

If I can do a rewatch of s2 intestead those first few episodes of s3 I think something went terribly wrong. The thing is that there was no closure, not even with 4aaab, narratively maybe it did, but from the point of view of the fans I doubt it very much.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If I can do a rewatch of s2 intestead those first few episodes of s3 I think something went terribly wrong. The thing is that there was no closure, not even with 4aaab, narratively maybe it did, but from the point of view of the fans I doubt it very much.
I will always take Season 3 over Season 2. Even if Season 2 is better to watch now than it was at the time to experience. I love Season 3. I totally see why people have a problem with it but I love that it feels so much like Season 1. I think it could have been overall better if they hadn't reduced the episodes. Things could have been fleshed out. I liked that the parents weren't so oblivious anymore.... Even if the Evans investigation was a far fetched, but then given Utah gave them cause. I just wished more was done with the closure of that storyline than was done... Which is why we needed a two hour series finale...

Anyways, I think 4 Aliens and a Baby was closure. Yes he didn't have to make a decision if Tess was going to be around. But Tess was now done. And they both had come to terms with the new future. But a lot had to be done in one episode. Liz got to be mad at Tess to Michael's complete approval. Max could still be a fool. But then Tess knew how to play to him with using the baby. And then he made a decision about the baby, and that was indeed closure...

But then we don't know what would have happened if they had stayed in Roswell... I think there was some closure.... And it was tied up some more in the finale...
Old 09-12-2017, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I really loved A Tale Of Two Parties I love New Years and have always have had found memories of that holiday so it was awesome to see Roswell do an New Years Eve episode. So few shows do.

I also love 4 Aliens and A Baby because it was closer to season 2.

I have a soft spot for season 2 because that was the season I discovered Roswell. I watched the season 2 premiere with my college friends during our freshman year and I was hooked.

We would have Roswell night. Monday night from 9PM to 10pm we would gather in someone dorm room early to study and then from 9-10 it was Roswell time (This meant from 9-10 no one called answered phones, texted, studied, ect) and would watch Roswell.

It was the best of times.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

It was definitely a closure for the show, but there were still so many unanswered questions