Old 07-08-2019, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

dp
Old 07-08-2019, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I think Kyle was ou of place in season 1. He was hanging out with the popular jock crowd but he didn't have any meaningful relationships. Plus I think he hide a lot to get over the death of his Mom. (I think she died. I can't remember).

So I think Liz reminded him of something he was looking for she was different she was smart and pure and fun.

I think in the end Kyle found himself and found the group of friends who became family to him who truly believed in him.

I love how he became the voice of reason and his sense of humor was a riot! Also maybe Kyle never developed powers because there was something different about Liz and her connection to Max.

I agree about maybe Kyle and Isabel ending up together. I didn't think Jessie and Isabel had a stong relationship built on trust. She did lie to him and he was so much older and I felt he didn't get it when she told him. With Alex and with Kyle she was always herself around them. No lies. Plus Alex and Kyle went to the ends of the earth to protect her.
My memory is that Jim and Kyle's Mom divorced, and she left... He made mention it early on, but they didn't go back to it so it's hard to know but Kyle was young, so the situation must of been bad for Kyle to be left his father or that is what Jim insisted on...

Liz was beautiful. Small town girl who was smart and friendly, and Kyle at that point was the jock. So it made sense the pairing. But then Liz had this dark hair mystery man who captivated her heart once the shooting happened, and there was no way Liz could want something normal like Kyle would have represented.

But Max would always be slightly jealous and as said, Future Max was also jealous. Which is why it also doubly hurt that Liz used Kyle to push Max away with the fake sex. That was like a shot to his heart.

Because that was his fear, she would leave him one day and go for someone normal because of what he brought... pain and angst, and at times, danger. While Kyle represented normal and safety.

But Max and Liz had a passion that couldn't be undone and they were bonded in ways the show didn't even delve into in the limited time they had.

But yeah Kyle came into his own. Unfortunately it took losing Alex to really bring him into his own, but he was starting in Season 2. His humor was a standout in Season 3.

With Jesse in Boston. And Isabel on the road, I don't see how it would have lasted so I see the marriage ending and Kyle being there, and they had been able to talk back in Roswell and Kyle pining for Isabel, they would have found something that might have the realest relationship Isabel would be able to find because Kyle knew her, and knew her secret and didn't judge her for it.

Jesse was something Isabel ran to in the wake of losing Alex. She couldn't leave Roswell so she stayed, but she found Jesse. Who was older and accomplished, and it was her rebellion. But she was lying to him. And over the years I have liked her storyline more because it was interesting about what happens when you enter something like marriage not being truthful about a huge part of yourself, and the truth comes out. I think they loved each other. But I can't see how once the truth was out, and even if Isabel only stayed on the road a short time, whether that marriage could have lasted... They didn't have the foundation that Max and Liz... or even Michael and Maria...

Isabel could have had that with Kyle. So I like to think they found it on the road.

I wish the show had lasted longer so could see why Liz was so special. Max set his eyes on her in third grade and was done for... While on Antar, he was supposed to have be destined for Tess. Why was it on Earth, a totally different story and it couldn't have just been the combination of human DNA to his Antar DNA.

Hmmm...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 07-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)

I wish the show had lasted longer so could see why Liz was so special. Max set his eyes on her in third grade and was done for... While on Antar, he was supposed to have be destined for Tess. Why was it on Earth, a totally different story and it couldn't have just been the combination of human DNA to his Antar DNA.

Hmmm...
You and me!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Me three! There has to be a reason for Max to have been attracted to her from the first moment he saw her! I love that flashback so much, that Max did not want to leave Isabel but when he saw Liz everything changed.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT! Great title
Old 07-09-2019, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

^ hey there

It's pretty obvious Katims never wanted to go deeper into that but they got married in two timeline and that says it all
Old 07-09-2019, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
^ hey there

It's pretty obvious Katims never wanted to go deeper into that but they got married in two timeline and that says it all
They only had three seasons so they didn't really have the time but if it had gone longer, maybe because it was a thread that never really went away. Or they never really wanted to go deeper because the meant something to show how instantanous their bond was, and to dig deeper might bring some bigger issues they wanted to overlook.

But it would have been nice to know. Was there someone like Liz on Antar. Tess (Ava) was the royal mate, forced upon Zan but there was someone else...

Who knows, it opens up speculation. It would have been nice to know.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

I think if Katims really wanted to show it he would have done it....

I agree, it would have been great to see where the obvious connection of Max and Liz came from, because if Zan and Ava were as in love as they wanted us to believe Max would not have fallen in love with Liz in the first place.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it could have happened if they had more time. They still had only three seasons and they were struggling and trying to keep the show afloat. They raised the issue that even duplicate Ava felt Zan was "waiting" for someone. And her eyes opened at how Max and Liz met on earth, and knew something big had happened..

But they also raised the the aliens were different on Earth than their Antar selfs, and had inclusion of the human DNA plus environment and free will to choose what they wanted their lives to be. So, who knows...

But Max glanced at her in third grade and was in love, and nothing stopped him... even when it didn't seem like she was looking his way. And Tess was a blip in his mind, and really she had to play mind games to get any traction.

But the the Crashdown shooting opened their worlds... for Max and Liz.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

I had forgotten that dupe Zan was waiting for someone else, more point in our favor
Old 07-09-2019, 08:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranto (View Post)
I had forgotten that dupe Zan was waiting for someone else, more point in our favor
I still wanted them to meet
Old 07-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Me too! Oh the fan fics that have come because of this!

I really think we should open an Awaken Dreamer board for all of the Liz Zan shipper out there.

I remember the DDD Definite Dreamer Dictionary website back in the day had a whole section on the mythology of Liz and her importance.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 07-10-2019, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

There were great fics about them...
Old 07-10-2019, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

While I was interested in seeing an interaction between them, Max and Liz forever
Old 07-10-2019, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

dp