Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2017, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Their love was the puppy version, naive in Season One. But by Season 3, and their epic proposal...their love had gotten stronger, and you felt they could make it through whatever they would endure this time. Neither would get cold feet, or succumb to temptation. Max was always set on Liz, but his eye did get turned by Tess. And while Sean was never a serious temptation, he did get some mixed signals from her... And if not for Max, you could see her almost going that direction...

But she was strong enough to stop herself. Unlike Max, but then finding out about the baby was a pretty strong deterrent not to be rash and fall into bed with Sean...

But by the end, they were very strong and were able to go out into the world with the knowledge that they were there for each other, for better and for worse.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes they had to regrow in season 3 Max had to trust Liz again because she lied to him about sleeping with Kyle and then being together with Sean.

Liz had to trust Max again after he was with Tess and leaned about his son.

Over all I loved how they never trashed one another and were still freinds. I am glad their love was strong enough and got them through.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 03-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Their friendship was the basis of their relationship. No wonder why everything went to hell when the two of them were at war.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Their foundation was so strong.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
Yes they had to regrow in season 3 Max had to trust Liz again because she lied to him about sleeping with Kyle and then being together with Sean.

Liz had to trust Max again after he was with Tess and leaned about his son.

Over all I loved how they never trashed one another and were still freinds. I am glad their love was strong enough and got them through.
The thing is that I don't think Max was ever that angry about lying about sleeping with Kyle. He was angry when he though she had, even though they were broken up, and she was a free agent and so was he, months later with Tess.

But in the aftermath of Season 2. I don't think Max was ever angry at Liz. Of course he was one who was committing the most error in judgement. He always really had her on a pedestal, and even when she fell off it. He still had her on it.

Liz is the one who had to come the furthest in trusting Max, and them figuring out how to make them work again. Even if she had some parts to be angry with. Going along with Future Max, playing with the time line, and controlling all their fates...playing with their lives.

I would have liked to seen a knock out drawn out fight where they both put their cards on the table, both of their mistakes and really discussed it.

Because I do think because Max felt guilty over what he did with Tess, and how they took her in, and she played them all to be fools, he felt like he didn't have reason to really be upset at Liz for any of her actions...

They both made mistakes, but were better and stronger for it by the end.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Master Fan

We really needed a scene where Liz told Max about Future Max.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Quote:
Originally Posted by saorievans (View Post)
We really needed a scene where Liz told Max about Future Max.
I know there's a cut scene about it in departure & I'm fine with that bc it was unsatisfactory ..& also t would have been interesting to see Michael's reaction for example.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish we could have seen filmed versions of those cut scenes

Old 03-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
I know there's a cut scene about it in departure & I'm fine with that bc it was unsatisfactory ..& also t would have been interesting to see Michael's reaction for example.
I think they felt like they needed to get on with the aftermath, and it was not a easy conversation because it's over. What happened is what happened, and they had to deal with the fallout that was still present in their lives, namely that Max slept with Tess and there was a baby, and how that wrought to their lives.

And in some ways they dealt with Future Max. He believed she slept with Kyle, and he was angry and that really hurt their friendship and then it broke not because of the earlier stuff but because Max's actions - although you can say it's a direct result of Liz's meddling in their time lines, but still... And then when she let slip that she didn't sleep with Kyle. It paled in comparison to all that had happened, and with Max's actions.

It's not a easy subject to talk about. "Look Max, I am sorry I hurt you because I went with the word of your 2014 self that say that Tess was the answer. I was to make you stop loving me, and to push you towards Tess otherwise Isabel and Michael would die in 2014 in your arms."

By then, they knew that Tess was a traitor and not the answer. Having her in their circle caused major havoc. Liz helped it along, so Max had a right to be angry in some ways for making the decisions for him.

But she also knew that if Future Max was right. Max couldn't live with himself if he stayed with Liz, and that ultimately caused the deaths of Isabel and Michael. And also she couldn't live with that.

They wanted to move and deal with the fallout that was easily explained. The baby. And how much resentment it would build in Liz, and how they both dealt it before they conquered it.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

Not show that scene was an insult to our intelligence (one of many) of course it was not going to be an easy conversation & less with everything that happened at that point, but it was something we needed to see it imo.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure angel (View Post)
Not show that scene was an insult to our intelligence (one of many) of course it was not going to be an easy conversation & less with everything that happened at that point, but it was something we needed to see it imo.
I think it was difficult. Obviously, right or wrong, they wanted to move on, and they only had a limited time. To get really into the nitty gritty of the Future Max stuff, would be reawakening a topic that was now gone, finished, and all they really had was the aftermath, and consequences...

She lied. They were broken up. He could be miffed about Future Max, but they she went along for the greater good. She made a big sacrifice. I am sure he was told, but they felt that there was bigger issues to deal with...

They felt that moving on, with the consequences would be better than revisiting a subject that didn't make either look good....and they already had to deal with what was left behind with Tess in the baby, and what it meant.

As much as they should have showed it. But it was a odd situation to try to explain.

He knew that she didn't sleep with Kyle. Tess was now a traitor, so all that went on with Future Max was rendered useless but only left with consequences.

So bringing up the past was obviously painful.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Yeah but we deserve it, and what did we get? *busted*
Old 03-10-2017, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Shiri Appleby

We deserved better overall.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by saorievans (View Post)
Yeah but we deserve it, and what did we get? *busted*
I for one, and usually is in the small minority that I like that episode. Certainty the discussion they did show on the Tess debacle was not the most reassuring for us, but at least Liz didn't seem to care for his explanation, and it just fed into the ongoing resentment that built up.

But being separated for a year, and they loved each other, they couldn't resist not seeing each other again. And being who they are, they went faster than they should have as they got sucked into the mission and being together again. Despite all the pain that had happened.

But I like the warpness of the the Bonnie and Clyde mission. The passionate make out sessions are a plus... And I can usually spin it to my satisfaction that it was really just a escalation of a route they were going, and it was all leading to this, as they were doing more and more dangerous missions and taking incredibly risky chances and it got them busted them this time.

But they learned from it, so by the time they were home from Vermont, they knew to take it easy and little by little they became more comfortable with each other, and was able to come to terms with all that had happened, and that they wanted each other...

Dying will do that to a couple. They got a amazing new chance, and they took it.

I think the show knew it was a difficult subject the Season 2 stuff, given the obviously 360 change after Viva Las Vegas and turning Tess into a traitor, which if you went with End of the World chronology, it didn't make sense. So they didn't want to revisit the Future Max stuff because they had rewrote the storyline to send off Colin's Alex, and trying to address it in "Busted" was always going to be hard...

Liz was never going to like any explanation of why Max was drawn to Tess now that she had killed Alex. But still, the explanation could have been better.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes I agree a lot of lose ends could of been tired up.

Happy Convention day! We know the Convention took place on March 10th because of a flyer that is posted behind Liz when she is taking orders in the beginning of the episode.

Such a fun and great episode. I loved the twist at the end.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread