Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2018, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

I love MASH! I regularly rewatch it. I hope it's never rebooted. Well it won't be. MASH was too politically uncorrect, that kind of show would never make it past the first épisodes without the professionnally outraged launching a campaign on social medias to cancel the show.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 07-29-2018, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh gosh I forgot about Charles in Charge.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes MASH was one of a kind!

Yes who could forget Charles in Charge

If Saved By The Bell was rebooted I would be upset.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 07-30-2018, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh that would suck, I think I've seen every episode of SBTB like 20 times.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes my brother loves that show! I love it as well. We would watch it when we were growing up!

I worked as a camp counselor and one year we had a kid who's name was Zack Morris. I was dying on the inside with laughter and smiled every time we took attendance!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 07-31-2018, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

It's bad that we are talking which sitcoms are going to be rebooted. There's really something wrong in Hollywood right now. It's the first tim in its history, I think, that there's a real lack of originality to the point that reboots are explored so much. That's not normal.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I have two theories as to why there are so many reboots

I really think online streaming is one factor to blame. So many great shows on now on Netflix and Hulu that a network easy could have a series of shows all set and ready to go if Netflix or hulu didn't get them already.

Also I think social media is to blame. Not all social media is bad but if you are always on your computer and not engaging in real life your imagination and creativity gets stuck.

Back in the day I am dating myself but I was a child of the 80's and back then we would go out and play. We would make up stories and play games. Sometime those childhood ideas and stories became something more when we became adults.

I think that is something that is lost with this generation. Everyone is clued to there screens. No one talks anymore it's all through text or on the computer.

Sometimes a conversation can spark and idea or having great conversations can make you want motivated to put on the play or write the story you always wanted to do.

Look at what Brendan and Majandra are trying to do with B&T. They talk about it they work on it they want to make it happen! They are not busy looking at a screen saying I will do that tomorrow.

They talk on the phone meet up for lunch and get things done on it!

i really hope they get it up and running we need more motivation like the one they have instead of people trying to take the easy root and make a reboot.
Old 08-01-2018, 04:54 AM
Elite Fan

Ha, that reminds me of my latest job interview, 2 weeks ago. The employer told me that I would get the answer end of july/beginning of August. I told him that I would be on holidays and to contact me by mail. He asked for my cell phone's number. I told him that I wouldn't take my cell phone because I was going to a little village in the French Alps and that my phone plan doesn't cover the area (true, I have a 2 euros phone plan, the minimal but that's all I need where I live).

Well, he just looked at me, completly HORRIFIED. A month without a cell phone???? I swear, he was looking at me as if I was an alien.

People are so addicted to screens, phones, ipads, that's really tragic.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's bad! People here can't cross the street without being on their phones

Old 08-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I know it is so tragic how dependent people are on their phone.

The scary thing is how people drive and are on the phone or are texting.

I remeber I lost my cell phone once and while the day I lose it I was upset I lived with out a cell phone for about a two weeks and I was fine. Some of my friends looked at me like I was crazy that I lived two weeks without the phone!

The first time I got a cell phone I was a freshman in college.

I knew a select few in high school who had them at the time granted keep in mind this was the late 90's ealy 2000's. So not everyone had a cell phone like today.

I remember in high school we couldn't be on the cell phone in class. I remember one time my freshman year classmates phone started ringing in class and she got in trouble.

I remember going to Europe and using a callng card to call home. Now it is much easier.

However it is sad how much people relay on their phones. No one talks or looks up anymore. I feel so many people are missing out on life because of it.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I had one in my very last year of high school, but I only used it for phone calls!

Old 08-03-2018, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Me too! I can't remember when I started texting? It must of been after college because the phone styles changed.

I never had a cell phone like Liz Parker had in season one in the 285 South episode. However I did have the one she used in Secrets and Lies in season 3.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The scene where they seal their exclusive dating agreement with a kiss Everyone in the hallway is entranced by them

I didn't like the Four Square/Max to the Max destiny storyline, though
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 08-04-2018, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

The Roswell reboot is making a huge mistake by aborting the candy ship right from the start! although this new Michael doesn't seem that charismatic, even if this Maria is okay so maybe it's not a huge loss after all. Still the candy Relationship was so great, especially with the right actors to portray it, as we can see with the picture above. Fun, explosive, tender, what a shame to miss out on this in the reboot.

I hope there won't be a love triangle Maria-Michael-Alex. I HATE love triangles. I would prefer Maria single or in another Relationship (honestly? Trevor from the books, why not? he could be the real Michael if done right. After all, he could have had a bad life on his home planet, a la Michael Guerin from our Roswell)

Yeah, I'm dreaming. Not gonna happen.

But Brendan Fehr, what an amazing Michael Guerin, when you look back. He gave such a vibrant life on screen for that character and he worked so well with Maria / Majandra Delfino.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just so perfectly cast, both of them. I'll never get over it. And I loved that hallway scene.

I loved M&M because they were a nice contrast to the doe-eyed romance of Max & Liz. M&M were all spicy passion.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread