The Witcher
Henry Cavill

One of my fav as well!
Old 05-27-2020, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra from *NOL (View Post)
at some point, the Angel series was better than Buffy. It was a good spin-off.

i'm the opposite, I finished TVD and then kept pushing back to finish the Originals. It's the same over and over, their family drama. Hayley is sooo annoying.

Talking of good spinoffs, I think Legacies is better that TVD and TO.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:30 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Really huh? I thought TO was an "okay" spin-off to TVD. I haven't decided to watch Legacies or not. I want to finish TO and then see. I know the Legacies is mainly about a school of "gifted youngsters" led by Alaric. What makes Legacies good?
Old 05-28-2020, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd like to watch Legacies, but not seen it anywhere as yet.

I never watched Angel, because I didn't like him in Buffy. He was too whinny for me, I prefered Spike because he actually had a character. I didn't like Cordelia either. I did try watching an episode several seasons in, but couldn't get into it, and gave up again.

For me I saw The Originals first when it came out on Netflix. I really enjoyed the character of Klaus, but then I'm always a sucker for a bad guy with redeemable qualities! I started watching TVD later on, but I found the storylines incredibly repetitive, it was constantly a theme of people gaining a conscience then losing it and having to find it again, ad infinitum. I was so bored by that. Also the main actress just didn't seem very good to me, especially when she was playing Katherine. Her way of emoting evil was to huff all the time and I found it irritating. When she left I thought I'd enjoy it more, but I was just bored and never watched the last couple of seasons.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra from *NOL (View Post)
Really huh? I thought TO was an "okay" spin-off to TVD. I haven't decided to watch Legacies or not. I want to finish TO and then see. I know the Legacies is mainly about a school of "gifted youngsters" led by Alaric. What makes Legacies good?
definitely the characters. Both Alaric's witch daughters are intriguing in different ways and then there's Hope, Klaus' daughter, who's a total badass. She hasn't triggered her vampire side yet, but she is a powerful witch. The three girls together make a kickass team!
Old 05-28-2020, 12:40 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I only watched the first season of Angel mainly cause the show had so many crossovers with Buffy and since it came on right after Buffy at the time, I kept watching. In S1 of Angel, it seemed like to get the whole story you had to watch Angel. After that I stopped cause I didn't like it as much as Buffy. It also got less connected after S1, which I guess was better for Angel becoming an independent show anyway.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I liked both Angel and Buffy. Strangely, I watched Angel first and then went to see his origins, which resulted in a major crush on Spike, who I now consider superior
Old 05-28-2020, 03:30 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

I like Angel as a stand alone series. It's away from the Buffy high school environment. I'm not a fan of Cordelia either but she became tolerable to me with time. The show was more monsters oriented. I also really like Amy Acker's Fred. It was a great team especially when Alexis Denisof's Wesley joined. Angel as a character grew and wasn't as whinny than in Buffy. Spike is an interesting character but I never liked him with Buffy.

TVD was ok but to me, Buffy has always been better. TVD gets repetitive at times.

The Legacies, ok maybe I should check it out. Badass daughters team, maybe it can be a change from TO.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:47 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

For me I never liked Cordelia and I was neutral on Angel. As for Spike, I only liked Spike in S2 when he was a threatening, badass villain. When he became worthless and had no purpose in S4 and beyond, then becoming obsessed with Buffy leading to him almost raping her is when I hated the character. So it was interesting to watch Spike before they made him an obsessed, toxic lapdog over Buffy. I didn't like Wesley during his short time on BTVS, but it was cool to see what a badass he became later on so it's great if Angel made other characters better over time.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:56 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

same here, Spike was fine being a villain with Dru. yeah the rape and from that point on i really don't see why people ship for Spuffy.

Wesley was this other version of Giles on Buffy. On Angel, Wesley's character had way more development for the better and no longer in his watcher shadow.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Spike is not the same Spike because he has a soul. Nobody bats an eyelid at forgiving Angel for things he did before his soul
Old 05-29-2020, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed on that.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:32 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

fair enough.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:51 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

He was still killing people with the soul and I see people always making way more excuses for everything Spike has done (including almost raping Buffy) than Angel. He didn't even willingly want to change. He had no choice cause of the chip, and every time he thought his chip stopped working he went out happy to kill again. When he realized he could hit Buffy he tried to kill a girl in an alley, and when he realized it was just Buffy he was giddy he could smack her around. Agree to disagree.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

That was in the past. He went and got himself a soul after. Way superior to what Angel has ever done. And it's coming from someone who stanned Angel first. I jumped ship too because he was the only one there reliably for Buffy when she needed it.

I can't believe we're still arguing over this. I'm happy to stop at this point if it's getting too heated to decades ago levels