Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2003, 12:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Mission Genesis

Hey there. This is a fervent plea for help. Anyone watch the short lived sci fi series Mission Genesis? I absolutely adore Nicole de Boer and have been told that her performance in this series was the closest to her actual personality.
I would love to see the show but it seems I may never get the chance. Can anyone help?

I hope I am not breaking any taboos by asking.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:22 AM
Extreme Fan

What taboos??? There are no taboos!!! Well, not for me anyway [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

I loved MG! Gordon Micheal Wolvett was my fav char, Reb. Ahhhh...from Reb to Harper [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I loved Nicole too. Reb, Yuna, Lise, Bren, Gret...what's not to love? And the storyline?- [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Scifi should bring MG back, I guarantee a lot of Drom fans would watch

House -- vote for it.
FawkesRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Is this Deepwater Black? I always enjoyed that show. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] It was good fun, with the cloning and stuff. Wait, how many episodes were there?

Ah, how I adore television when I was young.
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Yep, Mission Genesis is Deepwater Black. It was DWB in Canada, and MG in the US, I think.

I believe there were 13 episodes all together. I have twelve of those--the guy I got them from didn't have episode 13, with Andromeda's Laura Bertram playing Gordon Woolvett's (Reb's) girlfriend--of course. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I wish they had made more. It was a very good story. The books are very good too.

My 9 year-old was so captivated with that series that after he watched it, he insisted on reading the books. And he got me to d/l and record the DWB theme. He wakes up to it every morning. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Kathy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Kathy I keep running into you [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
They should really start rerunning MG on SciFi...hey they got Roswell, why not MG?

House -- vote for it.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

Hehe. I don't even really remember the episodes at all, aside from when they land on some planet and everyone's a clone there or something? And they have to get out for some odd reason?

And then there was another one where, what's his name, the brown haired-tall guy gets that deadly disease and has to quarantine himself? Eh. Or something like that.

Good fun. Good fun indeed!

I can't believe your son wakes up to the music Kathy! That's dedication and obsession. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 06:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeo:

I can't believe your son wakes up to the music Kathy! That's dedication and obsession. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Yep, the younger one has MG, and the older one wakes up to the Andromeda theme. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Previous to that, I think they were both using the Babylon 5 theme. (One of the millions of those that are out there.)

We do love our sci-fi. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Kathy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 06:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Lalala...I'm [img]smilies/lurking.gif[/img] and i think the MG thread needs to get off the 2nd page [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

House -- vote for it.
Old 07-30-2003, 05:37 AM
Extreme Fan

lalala...lurking again [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

House -- vote for it.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:41 PM
Loyal Fan

one of my favorite all time series. Little teen Nikki was great. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh, my obsession has returned with a vengeance!

Any more people out there who know of this show? More specifically, does anyone know where I might get ahold of a copy of the episodes.

PLLLLLEASE!

Thanks. Feel free to PM me if you know anything.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:26 PM
Elite Fan

eBay maybe....I've not heard of an official DVD for it.

There might be a black market version out there.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Cryostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:32 PM
New Fan

I miss that show a lot!

Yes, I have been remembering Mission Genesis (aka Deepwater Black). My husband and I love sci fi shows, but he never saw this one, so I tried to find it on Netflix or Blockbuster or ANYWHERE but to no avail.
I hope the POWERS THAT BE at SyFy channel will have mercy on us fans and choose to make more episodes and release the older ones on DVD etc.
Glad that so many others remember this show fondly. I grew up on sci fi books, and found this show inspiring.
LizArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender's_Jane (View Post)
Hey there. This is a fervent plea for help. Anyone watch the short lived sci fi series Mission Genesis? I absolutely adore Nicole de Boer and have been told that her performance in this series was the closest to her actual personality.
I would love to see the show but it seems I may never get the chance. Can anyone help?

I hope I am not breaking any taboos by asking.

Thanks.
It was also called Deep water Black

Awesome sci fi series. Miss the show and characters so much . One of the few shows were all characters are just lovable.

I have seen some episodes on youtube, not sure if the whole series or not.
Mission Genesis Episode 1 part 1 - YouTube