Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
But I knew what she meant by square, more coffee for you then?
More coffee is alwys a good idea

Hope you enjoy it, April.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Got about half way through last night.

I HATE TESS! She needs to stay the hell away from Day.

I love all the American history references. I really believe Anden wants to change things and feels bad for him. And I'm really starting to become suspicious of the Patriots.

Also I picked up on some small similiarties between this and the show Revolution.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, Tess needs to mind her own business and stay out of it.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:11 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

To make things easier for everyone involved in the 'square', I'd suggest
Spoiler:
Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'd be down with that outcome. Or I'm not sure if we should subject him to that. Or maybe..
Spoiler:

But I was happy when..
Spoiler:
Old 04-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Jen, that said to some degree, I think
Spoiler:
Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Finished the book last night. I wished we would of learned more about the colonies.

I really like Andan. And the ending! Saw it coming though, I hate how predictable YA is.

Spoiler:

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spoiler:
Old 04-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
I really like Andan. And the ending! Saw it coming though, I hate how predictable YA is.
Yeah, that's a bit of a problem with YA, I knew it was coming and still went - ugh, how can you do that and stop there?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know. It makes you itch for the last book.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

That it does I know it's kinda a nice twist for the author, but that doesn't mean I have to like it
Old 05-01-2013, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. Now the wait until the 3rd book But at least we should be getting the cover at some point soon.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

COVER

Marie Lu’s epic dystopian series, which began with Legend and continued with Prodigy, comes to an end with the third installment Champion (Nov. 5). By the beginning of Champion, June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic, and now they’re on the brink of a new existence — a country at peace, with hope of reunification with the Colonies. Both are back in the good graces of the Republic: June is working within the government’s highest circles as Princeps Elect while Day has been assigned a high-level military position. But just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies. War threatens the Republic’s border cities once again. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever and, as June soon discovers, the Republic’s only means of defense could cost Day everything he has.

Quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How does it feel to put a period on the series?
MARIE LU: It feels pretty surreal. On the one hand, I’m so relieved that I’ve actually managed to finish my very first series, and that I’ve been able to see my characters through to the end of their journeys. On the other hand, I feel like how parents must feel when they send their kid off to college. It’s a bittersweet mix.

How do you think your fans will feel when they finish reading? Anything we may be devastated about? Will there be any big deaths?
There are a couple of deaths. And possibly some things to be devastated about. What can I say, I’m a writer — I enjoy forcing pain and suffering on my characters! I can’t reveal much, but I will say that Champion is the only book in the trilogy where I cried while writing it. This is mostly due to having John Lennon’s “Imagine” on my Champion playlist, but still. I hope my readers will at least feel a sense of closure at the end.

Tell us about the cover.
Oh man, I’m absolutely in love with it — this cover is such a thing of beauty. Penguin knocked it out of the ballpark. The gritty rose, the flames, the bullet hole! Every piece of it perfectly symbolizes Champion‘s contents. (My friend Beth Revis, author of the Across The Universe trilogy, contributed the bullet hole concept. It helps to have great minds on your side!)

Any new developments with the movie?
I’m really excited about the finished screenplay, and I know Temple Hill is on the hunt now for the perfect director. Meanwhile, CBS Films and I collaborated with game studio Wicked Sweet Games to create a fun Facebook game for Legend called “Cities of Legend.” Fans can check it out here. Both CBS Films and Temple Hill have been immensely supportive.
Marie Lu on 'Champion' cover! | Shelf Life | EW.com
Old 05-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

That cover looks great, even if I'm not sure what to think about the bullet hole

Thanks for bringing that over, Jen

Also, another November release, guess it'll be busy month reading wise
Old 05-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can only thing someone is dying. Just as long as its not June or Day. I'm fine with it

I can't believe she is managing to bring out 2 books this year! I'm glad we don't have to wait until Jan next year.
Reply   Post New Thread