Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Total Fan

I taped the premiere but have not seen it yet. Apparently the ratings were outstanding:
Quote:
Ratings: Eureka! Sci Fi Discovers a Winner
Tuesday's premiere of Eureka was visited by more than 4 million total viewers, earning it the title of Sci Fi Channel's highest-rated series telecast ever. What's more, Eureka bested not only the likes of sister shows Battlestar Galactica and Stargate SG-1, but also trounced a new episode of FX's Rescue Me (with 58 percent more viewers) and the season premiere of ESPN's The Contender (by a 230 percent margin).
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Absolute Fan

thumbs_up:

sounds like Eureka didn't do so bad.
jalapeno_wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Banned

4 million viewers are a lot for the sci fi channel. A lot of people are watching basic cable tv shows this summer.
Jacob1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think Eurkea has the potential to be a really good series.

It has likeable and quirky characters, great special and visual effects and while not the most original premise, enough to build a weekly show around it and there is enough material that it shouldn't get boring any time soon... Especially, since they introduced a major plot twist towards the end of the Pilot

The major element which Eurkea has (so far) is its effective use of humor and the typical fish-out-of-water scenarios the Marshall and his daughter will no doubt go through -- just as the audience will -- Each week. I think this is in direct contrast to shows like BSG which are much, much darker which makes shows like BSG intimidating for casual viewers to get into... Unlike Eurkea which has more of a "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" meets "Men in Black" whimsical appeal about it which makes it more appealing overall.

I hope the show stays around for at least a few seasons... Even if they are short 13-20 episode seasons... Because I like having a less-serious show like Eurkea that has interesting sci-fi storylines and characters than BSG and the now ailing SG-1 and SGA.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob1983
4 million viewers are a lot for the sci fi channel. A lot of people are watching basic cable tv shows this summer.
SCI FI Wire | The News Service of the SCI FI Channel

Quote:
SCI FI's new original series Eureka garnered the network's highest-ever ratings for a series telecast in its history.
That's great, and the show deserves all of it. Great Pilot, loved it.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky
jthorton17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Total Fan

Finally watched the premiere and loved it. Liked the amount of humor and the familiar faces that I always enjoy seeing (Maury Chalkin, Garry Chalk, Joe Morton, Matt Frewer, among others).
Old 07-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

The premiere was okay. I'm only sticking with the show for Ed Quinn, who plays Nathan, Allison's husband. He wasn't in the pilot episode, but will be in this weeks episode.
Lonely Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

I finally watched the premier. I really enjoyed it! I agree about the lighter feel which is nice since we have alot of dark sci-fi out there.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, it was lighter, but there is still a serious feel about alot of it. I really like that. At times it made me laugh, but then other times I had a serious "what is really happening here?" look on my face.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

The pilot confused me a bit, but I think it was because it was the first episode and things were being explained and set up. I really enjoyed tonights episode. I think I'm in love with Jack. Handsome with a bit of humor. My favorite kind of character. It was so funny when his house wouldn't let him in because it was mad that he was late. lol Jack looking through the garbage can instead of the computer was too funny!

It looked like the psychatrist and Allison's husband are in on something together. hmmm....

I kind of wish Jack's daughter had stayed gone because she annoys me. I just never find kids with that much attitude funny or interesting.

I feel a little bad for Walter's kid. He's happy now, but he'll soon realize that she may look like his mother, but she will never truly be his mother. They shouldn't let him go on thinking otherwise.

Cassiel: If you'd known this was going to happen, would you have done it?
Seth: I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. ONE.
- City of Angels
Clewless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Just watched last night episode. It was really good. They left a nice cliffhanger at the end that makes me drool for next weeks episode

Old 08-02-2006, 10:03 AM
New Fan

I Love This Show!

Wow, I had to use the search engine to actually find any comments on this show.

I LOVE this show, especially after seeing the third episode. Clearly the writers have a lot of imagination, but still they have a solid grasp on what draws most people to a show...investment in the characters. The stories feel solid instead of the awkwardness new series usually have until they hit their grove. After three episodes, I'm addicted.

I know someone said the daughter was annoying, but I think she fits in well as a reminder to the audience that we are responsible for the kids we raise. I loved the way they portray the younger people on this show as incredibly intelligent and mature as opposed to completely lost, irresponsible slackers who act out because they're so desperate for attention. I like the fact that they have a character that is an autistic child and the way they portray his gift. It makes it so much more real.

I love the new love interest for Henry Deacon. The two of them go so well together - it reminds me of the synergy of the cast of Firefly and there's nothing I like better than a cast of people that fit like a glove.

I'm going to cross my fingers and pray that the audience stays with this show. I really like seeing the possibilities for the future - it reminds me of that GE exhibit they used to have at Disney World back in the 70's when it first opened where the audience moved from display to display showing how we've advanced technologically. 30 years later I still remember that annoying little song "Now Is The Time." It was my favorite exhibit in the entire park.
Morada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morada
I know someone said the daughter was annoying, but I think she fits in well as a reminder to the audience that we are responsible for the kids we raise. I loved the way they portray the younger people on this show as incredibly intelligent and mature as opposed to completely lost, irresponsible slackers who act out because they're so desperate for attention. I like the fact that they have a character that is an autistic child and the way they portray his gift. It makes it so much more real.
Yeah, I love that angle too! I didn't like the daughter in the pilot much, but she's totally grown on me and I now really want to know how she's going to change the plotlines.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:36 AM
Total Fan

One small nitpick about this show - in a town where everyone is doing experiments that stretch the boundries of science, how can anyone be surprised or doubt someone else when they say something weird is happening? Hmmm?
Old 08-15-2006, 03:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

I've seen the first 5 episodes and I can't believe how good this show is. Witty and funny, it's definitely a show recommended to watch.

The best episodes so far The Pilot and Many Happy Returns.
The Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread