Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Tom Baker scares me! I think it's because he was very weird in Randall & Hopkirk and also in Monarch of the Glen.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

...and also in Little Britain as the narrator. hehehe

I also prefer CE over TB. Crossbow, just wait until you have seen the last two episodes!!!! They are worth waiting for!
Old 06-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I, too, prefer Windows CE to Tuberculosis.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossbow
I, too, prefer Windows CE to Tuberculosis.
Now, see we don't have to get all riled about it, but seriously? CE did 13 episodes. Baker did years and years. CE is kinda cute, in an annoyingly sarcastic way, but I have to say that I think TB represented the true essence of what the doctor is supposed to be. I can't say as I love the season's storylines, but CE was a decent doctor. that last line about being fantastic kinda annoyed me. But hey, it's all about the doctor love, it what ever form he should choose to take.

Beward the pink daleks! Exfoliate! Exfoliate!
Old 07-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't think I've been here since I finished watching the series. I LOVED it. I'm buying it as soon as it's out on DVD.

I'm afraid I'm going to hate the new doctor because he's not Chris Eccleston. Isn't that stupid? All these fans thought they would hate CE because he wasn't Tom Baker, or whover their favorite Doctor was, and I thought that was silly, but now I know how they feel.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't think I've been here since I finished watching the series. I LOVED it. I'm buying it as soon as it's out on DVD.

I'm afraid I'm going to hate the new doctor because he's not Chris Eccleston. Isn't that stupid? All these fans thought they would hate CE because he wasn't Tom Baker, or whover their favorite Doctor was, and I thought that was silly, but now I know how they feel.
I totally agree with you. Although, I have to be honest, that line he said right before he morphed- that whole "I was great too" kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I can't really put my finger on exactly why, but, meh, it just kinda irked me. It seemed very OOC. I mean, it isn't like he doesn't know what's going to happen. Why would he feel the need to make that kind of comment?

Yeah, I think I may be over-analyzing a bit. Force of habit on the SciFi front.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

I thought this series was amazing. I didnt think they were going to be able to make a good one that would hook everyone in so long after the last series had finished but wow!

Chris Eccleston was amazing as was Billie Piper and John Barrowman. My favourite episode was then The Dr was in Big Brother, Rose on the Weakest Link and Jack on What Not to Wear

I just cant see David Tennant being anywhere near as good, I know every Doctor is different and brings they're own qualities but Im just not seeing it . Hopefully when series 2 starts and I've seen him in the role properly I'll like him more
Old 07-11-2005, 07:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of Botox
I totally agree with you. Although, I have to be honest, that line he said right before he morphed- that whole "I was great too" kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I can't really put my finger on exactly why, but, meh, it just kinda irked me. It seemed very OOC. I mean, it isn't like he doesn't know what's going to happen. Why would he feel the need to make that kind of comment?

Yeah, I think I may be over-analyzing a bit. Force of habit on the SciFi front.
I think what he meant was that he'd really enjoyed being that... version of himself.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

I think that last CE line was completely in character for that Doctor. He was always making comments about how great/brilliant/amazing he is, it was fitting that at the end he'd call himself fantastic. I also took it as a little nod to CE himself from the people making the show, that he played such a good Doctor.

I'm not quite sure what to make of DT either. I liked the manic, energetic Doctor that CE played, and I'm concerned about how much that'll change just to make the DT's Doctor different. I'm a little less concerned about it now though than I was three weeks ago when I saw the finale ... since then I've been catching up on old Tom Baker and Peter Davison series on BBC Kids (I'd only watched a handful of eps when I was a kid, I just recently started following the new series), and I'm getting more used to the idea of the changing Doctors.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lh2005
I thought this series was amazing. I didnt think they were going to be able to make a good one that would hook everyone in so long after the last series had finished but wow!

Chris Eccleston was amazing as was Billie Piper and John Barrowman. My favourite episode was then The Dr was in Big Brother, Rose on the Weakest Link and Jack on What Not to Wear

I just cant see David Tennant being anywhere near as good, I know every Doctor is different and brings they're own qualities but Im just not seeing it . Hopefully when series 2 starts and I've seen him in the role properly I'll like him more
I totally agree with you too. I think it just won't be the same without CE but we'll just have to see!
Ferryboats #30, Desirables #31, LoVe #60, Guardian Angels #18, BGL #23,Harm/Mac, Cordy/Angel #111, Justice Seekers #14, Aurors #274, Brooke/Lucas, Therox, George/Meridith #6 Booth&Brennan #499 Mikita #173 Bo&Dyson #14 Applejacks #100

I knew. Right from the beginning.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Does anyone else feel like were were just barely getting to know CE's character before he left?

Anyway, I've been randomly watching old Tom Baker episodes. I watched "State od Decay" recently with two friends, one who'd never seen any DW at all, and one who'd seen a lot more than I have. At the end, the person who hadn't seen any said, "Man, that was really bad!" and my other friend and I completely cracked up because it was one of the best episodes either of us had seen.

Which did not, of course, stop us from ridiculing it.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Does anyone else feel like were were just barely getting to know CE's character before he left?

Anyway, I've been randomly watching old Tom Baker episodes. I watched "State od Decay" recently with two friends, one who'd never seen any DW at all, and one who'd seen a lot more than I have. At the end, the person who hadn't seen any said, "Man, that was really bad!" and my other friend and I completely cracked up because it was one of the best episodes either of us had seen.

Which did not, of course, stop us from ridiculing it.
ridiculing cheesy dr who stuff is more than half the reason most people I know watch. TheStormCellar just finished watching the first Pertwee episode and he was the shower, top half all on display... He had a tat! Cheese, ridiculous behavior and thost damned jelly babies are why we come back to the wonder that is Who.

Well that and the frakking theme song that won't leave your head... er, or is that just me?

Old 07-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah seeing CE's character is sad...so i'm just watching reruns!
Ferryboats #30, Desirables #31, LoVe #60, Guardian Angels #18, BGL #23,Harm/Mac, Cordy/Angel #111, Justice Seekers #14, Aurors #274, Brooke/Lucas, Therox, George/Meridith #6 Booth&Brennan #499 Mikita #173 Bo&Dyson #14 Applejacks #100

Old 07-19-2005, 08:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of Botox
ridiculing cheesy dr who stuff is more than half the reason most people I know watch. TheStormCellar just finished watching the first Pertwee episode and he was the shower, top half all on display... He had a tat! Cheese, ridiculous behavior and thost damned jelly babies are why we come back to the wonder that is Who.

Well that and the frakking theme song that won't leave your head... er, or is that just me?

Mmm, Jelly Babies.

I was surprised when I watched an interview with Tom Baker, done while he was shooting "The Ark in Space," and was surprised how totally normal he was - but he did keep munching on Jelly Babies, and he offered the interviewer one. Cute!

The theme song must die. It gets stuck in my head for hours.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Passionate Fan

I've never seen stuff he's been in before so i would have no clue what you really are talking about!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread