Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Well the show has definitely strayed a little from the original story. If it didn't, Johnny would be dead and the show would be over. So there are some differences but I don't find any reason to complain about it.

Someone asked above if this would be the last season. I don't think so. As long as the ratings stay good, USAnetwork will keep it around. I just wish that there wasn't such a large gap between seasons. Fans might stick around more if the seasons were longer and not almost a year apart.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad to see this won't be the final season...and that the show didn't rely on the same storyline to drive through the show. Mixing the element and plot does make things alot more interesting...take Alias for instance, it always kept fans guessing...even til the very end.

I saw the DVD sets and didn't pick them up. Maybe this weekend I'll splurge...but, I need to watch my 4400 DVD's first.

kenny | credit

Last edited by smoothaise; 06-06-2006 at 09:11 PM
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:03 AM
Banned

This Sunday!
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Elite Fan

I think I'm gonna get the DVD's ... and just TiVo the new season, until I catch up ... because I watched an episode, saw some clips & trailers, and I seriously want to know what I am missing ...
Old 06-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Only 5 days and counting until the premire which is called "Forbidden Fruit".

Michael Hall was on the Late Late Show last night and looking pretty good. The interview was short but funny. Nothing was really divulged about the new season but they did plug the new dvd, which has an awesome looking cover. I will have to try and get a hold of it before the premire, that's if my time until then is not totally consumed by work.

Everything Is Numb3rs
Old 06-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Just a reminder that the premire 'Forbidden Fruit' airs tonight on USAnetwork at 10pm. I can't wait!

Everything Is Numb3rs
Old 06-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Elite Fan

I found that I can get all four seasons of TDZ on amazon.com for only $80.00 ... my question to you guys, can I get a better deal elsewhere?

kenny | credit
Old 06-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen-
I found that I can get all four seasons of TDZ on amazon.com for only $80.00 ... my question to you guys, can I get a better deal elsewhere?
Not that I have seen. That sounds like a really good deal, considering what each sells for individually when they first come out.

Anyone else see the premire? Who is this this Janus guy? because he seriously freaks me out. The fact that even Purdy is creeped out by him says he is one bad dude. He manipulated everyone merely by staying behind the scenes and unfortunately Johnny played right into his hand. Hopefully Johnny finds a way to stop him soon.

It was good seeing JLA, but the rest of the cast was totally MIA. There wasn't much of a preview for next ep. but hopefully it involves more the cast. Can't wait until the ep. where Dylan Bruno guest stars.

Everything Is Numb3rs
Old 06-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat492002
Anyone else see the premire? Who is this this Janus guy? because he seriously freaks me out. The fact that even Purdy is creeped out by him says he is one bad dude. He manipulated everyone merely by staying behind the scenes and unfortunately Johnny played right into his hand. Hopefully Johnny finds a way to stop him soon.
He is freaking me out as well. I can't believe that he played Johnny like that. The premiere was good not really what I was hoping for.

Now this weeks episode was more DZ style. Everything was happening because of Johnny being there and interacting with his visions. Then in the end he has the chance to save it. Perhaps there is a master plan to life and Johnny's gift is a part of it. However, in the end the big moments are left to chance.
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Johnny may get some vision that it's Janus who causes the apocalypse he sees when he touches Greg Stilson.

In the last season I thought Stilson was showing some signs of becoming more amenable and that there might have been some hope for him. After Forbidden Fruit, guess not.
lightcousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:01 AM
Loyal Fan

I think that Stilson really is a puppet. Not that he can't create his own spin but Janus definitely seems to be pulling everyone's strings.

I really liked last night's ep. Once again Johnny is faced with a tough situation that he has to find a way out of. He really will do alot to save a friend. It was cool seeing Dylan Bruno in the ep that his brother directed. I was kind of spoiled in advance and knew that he would turn out to be the convict that everyone was looking for but I was still on the edge of my seat at the end.

Looks like we will actually get Chris Bruno in front of the camera instead of behind it for the next ep. I wonder if there will be an appearance by Sarah as well? We'll just have to wait and see.

Everything Is Numb3rs
Old 06-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

I've been watching TDZ since the beginning, but don't you think the show has gone astray from what it was? He is no longer the "detective" he was nor is he helping people.

One of the primary reasons I watched was for Nicole DeBoer, Sarah Bannerman, but her role has been non-existent. Didn't she sleep w/ Johnny at the end of last season?
yossarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarin
One of the primary reasons I watched was for Nicole DeBoer, Sarah Bannerman, but her role has been non-existent. Didn't she sleep w/ Johnny at the end of last season?
No, they slept together at the end of the first season, but have not been together that way since.

I think that the story does focus alittle more on the Armageddon storyline but there are still the stories where he tries to help people. Sometimes I think that trouble just goes looking for him. But I don't think the show has gone too far off course. I think that every show goes through some change. As long as it is not too extreme, the change is actually good.

Everything Is Numb3rs
Old 07-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Loyal Fan

It was nice to see some father/son interaction in Sunday's ep. It is clear that JJ still looks on Walt as his father, but it seems that Johnny and JJ have a really good relationship going. I just wish we could see a little more of it.

Is it just me or does USAnetwork have a habit of recycling the actors it uses.? Kevin Durand makes the second actor from the show 'Touching Evil' to show up on TDZ. I'm not complaining, just making an observation.

Alright here comes the really good news for all Dana Bright fans. Kristen Dalton will be making her return to the show on this Sunday's ep. I have no idea what her involvement will be or how many eps she will be back for but Segan said that it will at least give the fans some closure after her sudden departure. So be sure to tune in.

Everything Is Numb3rs
Old 07-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Sorry the system double posted on me.

Everything Is Numb3rs
Reply   Post New Thread