Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I went to best buy and saw the original series of DS on dvd there. They had 3 box sets. I forgot to see how much they were.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Best Buy usually has decent prices, especially on the latest sets. I had to get the first few elsewhere though because they seem to only stock 7-11. I only need sets 11 & 12 and then I'll have every set released. But I'm only actually on set 8.

The DS pilot is supposedly being shopped around to other networks.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

how many sers are there going to be?

It's weird that they're only releasing the eps with Barnabas. Even though the eps before he came aren't as interesting, they still introduce the rest of the characters and give them a back story.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

I read somewhere it will be around 26...that may or may not include the pre-Barnabas episodes, which they are eventually going to release on DVD. Since Barnabas is my favorite, I'm not sure how much I'd like the earlier episodes without him.

Have you watched the movies? I recently watched them. I didn't care for Night of Dark Shadows at all. I couldn't get into the story.

~Kat
Old 05-24-2004, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No, I've never seen the movies. What was the movie storyline?
I was reading the episode synopsis of the ones that aired before Barnabas and it's amazing how much I forgot. I did see those eps, but I guess I only really got into it after Barnabas came and that's why I remember those eps more.
Old 05-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

I haven't seen any of the pre-Barnabas episodes. He's my favorite, so I doubt I'd like them as much.

There were two movies based off the show - House of Dark Shadows and Night of Dark Shadows. House of Dark Shadows was basically a movie version retelling of how Willie unchained Barnabas. Only this one, unlike the show, has a definite, bloody ending. Night of Dark Shadows featured Quentin and Angelique, in a different storyline from the show. It didn't feature any of the main DS characters like Elizabeth, Willie, etc...

~Kat
Old 05-25-2004, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Were David Selby and Lara Parker in the movie or were other actors playing the parts? I love Quentin and Angelique. I wouldn't have been upset if they became a couple on the show. I liked Barnabas and Angelique too.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

It was the same actors, but it was a lot different than the TV series.

I'm curious about Quentin, because I know in DS fandom he's really popular. My only experience with him is through Night of Dark Shadows. But my main problem with the movie is that it seems very choppy and edited, not the actors or their characters.

And no Barnabas. Barnabas always helps.

~Kat
Old 05-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quentin is a great character. It's not shocking that he's popular among DS fans. I can't wait for him to show up on your dvds so I can read your opinion on him.

btw in the new TV Guide they list the 25 Top Cult Shows Ever and DS is #19.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Dark Shadows made the list with two of my other favorite shows, The X-Files and Buffy.

I have two sets to go through before I get to Quentin. I'm currently on the Adam/Dream curse storyline.

~Kat
Old 05-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

oh that was a good storyline. I think someday when I have a job I will buy the dvds.

I had a feeling Star Trek would be the #1 cult show.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

I know a lot of people didn't care for the dream curse storyline or Adam, so I was expecting not to like it very much. I wouldn't call it my favorite, but I don't think it's as bad as some made it out to be.

Now the leviathian storyline? So not looking forward to that.....

I don't even want to think about how much I've spent on my DS DVDs. But I've really enjoyed watching it, so I don't mind too much.

~Kat
Old 05-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I liked the dream storyline. It's not my fav (I think you know what my fav storyline is). The leviathian storyline was ok. I don't know what my least fav storyline is.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Administrator

I thought the Parallel Time storylines were really confusing and rather pointless. I think that they were running out of ideas at that point, and they were trying to take the show in a new direction, but I didn't think that it worked.

I didn't like the Leviathan storyline, and I especially hated it because when Barnabus got captured by the Leviathans, he missed out on being with Josette yet again, and she committed suicide, and then later, they turned him into a vampire again.

Off topic: just the other day, I got a reproduction Dark Shadows Music Box that plays Josette's Theme.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't like Jeb. He was also during the time of Count Petofi, right?
I think the writers had a feeling DS would end soon and had to come up with any storyline to end the show with.
Josette's music is really pretty.