Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
It was one of the best Cordelia episodes on Buffy.

And you could see, in the final scene, before Cordy's boyfriend Mitch turns up and ruins the moment, she's about to start bonding with the Scoobies.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-03-2018, 05:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah that runined it a little.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 07-03-2018, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cordelia certainly became more relatable in that episode
Old 07-04-2018, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really hated that Cordelia became vulnerable with the Scooby Gang, only to be betrayed by Xander and get so hurt.

Loved her and Buffy in "Homecoming". That was lots of fun for me.

I didn't start Buffy until season 2, when a friend recommended it to me. That was when they showed season 1 repeats on Monday, and season 2 on Tuesday. I immediately was addicted.

Nothing gets me hooked like a strong role model character-who is also completely human, just like the rest of us. Buffy will forever be a role model for me.

I also loved season 1, too. I'd never seen anything like it before.

I'd only watched part of the 20th year cast reunion, on Amazon.

Love the idea of the Convention scavenger hunt! What fun for the people going.

I loved the family part of Buffy-with Joyce, then separately with Giles.

Kim
Old 07-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 07-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
"And I think that killing Tara was – in retrospect, of all the people, did she have to die?"
isn't regret in my opinion. It's saying "We should have killed someone else, instead of Tara, but we chose her."

Others may see it differently though.

Didn't know Marti was involved in Dietland. I guess I won't ever be watching that after all. Not after what she did with Buffy.

Thanks for the article.

I'm watching season 4, The Yoko Factor. Riley and Angel

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 07-06-2018 at 12:50 AM
Old 07-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Angel/Riley were so much fun in the Yoko Factor episode Like little boys
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 07-06-2018, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYoullBe (View Post)
isn't regret in my opinion. It's saying "We should have killed someone else, instead of Tara, but we chose her."

I'm sick and tired of Marti Noxon's cowardly interviews, when it comes to Season 6. She can't even have the guts to defend her own work? SHE made most of the decisions that year. At least TRY to defend the choices and instead of saying "we made the wrong choice" she should have said, "Buffy made poor choices, which is realistic for somebody of her age who has gone through life-changing experiences." Marti gets on my nerves, because she seems AFRAID of the fan responses to how dark Season 6 was. Going in a new direction doesn't make it BAD. It's quite normal for humans to be flawed and not always do or say the right thing.

Also, her answer about Tara is unbelievably weak-willed. Tara's death was the plot device needed to drive Willow over the edge. Dramatically, it was the right thing to do.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-06-2018, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Angel/Riley were so much fun in the Yoko Factor episode Like little boys
They were hysterical, and having to chastise them like little kids, for Buffy, was so much fun.

I agree about Marti. Own it. You made the choices, own them. Season 6 was dark, and I still like it more than 4. 6, well, they made mistakes, but they did every single season. These were just down the rabbit hole.

I felt horrible for what Buffy went through, but I've been through depression (bi-polar depression) and clearly I've never been dead, but I get why Buffy made the choices she did. I never expected her to be perfect. If she had been, I'd never have related to her.

I was angry about Tara's death, but I understand it for what it was. As you said, a plot device, and it was necessary.

The one thing I will never get over about season 6-Warren. He was pitiful, and a child. An evil child, with no layers.

Kim
Old 07-07-2018, 02:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah it was so much fun I guess the writers knew it would be for us viewers
I seriously love that episode because of that
Old 07-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was fun to see both of them jealous.

I haven't really watched anything the last few days.

Kim
Old 07-10-2018, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I agree about Marti. Own it. You made the choices, own them. Season 6 was dark, and I still like it more than 4. 6, well, they made mistakes, but they did every single season. These were just down the rabbit hole.

I felt horrible for what Buffy went through, but I've been through depression (bi-polar depression) and clearly I've never been dead, but I get why Buffy made the choices she did. I never expected her to be perfect. If she had been, I'd never have related to her.

I was angry about Tara's death, but I understand it for what it was. As you said, a plot device, and it was necessary.
I think I only liked two of Marti Noxon's Buffy episodes - What's My Line? 2-parter, and I Only Have Eyes For You. A lot of her writing was sappy (Bad Eggs, The Prom, Forever) and I hated Wrecked in Season 6. Her writing in that episode made Buffy sound more self-centered and cold than I'd ever heard her before, and it's pathetic that Marti would go that far just to take a cowardly stance on everything years down the line.

I've always found it ridiculous that she thinks Buffy needed to stay 'idealistic' and 'romanticized'. At least Season 6 with all its unhealthy decision-making was rife with realistic storylines, such as Buffy getting a normal, -boring- job to pay the bills and realizing their financial instability in the wake of Joyce's death. It addressed REAL problems, for a change. Maybe teenagers find that boring, but as an adult, it's something I deeply admire about the show.

Quote:
The one thing I will never get over about season 6-Warren. He was pitiful, and a child. An evil child, with no layers.
I had mixed views on Warren, but I thought Joss explained it well when he said that they intended for Season 6 to have specifically childish/geeky villains - the trio were somewhat based on the Buffy writing staff apparently (in terms of their nerdy comic book rants ) and they wanted to show, through Warren, that evil can come in all shapes and sizes - the most normal looking person can do terrible things when given the power. He's an example of somebody who grew up feeling like a joke, then he realized that he wanted to vent his frustrations on people like Buffy who had power.

The one thing I found ridiculous was the shift in his dynamic with Katrina. They had a normal (argumentative) relationship in Season 5, and I thought the sudden shift to rape/violence in Season 6 was over the top.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-12-2018, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What's My Line was among my favorites-both parts. I don't really even know what episodes she did before season 6, or during season 6. I just remember holding season 6 against her. I like The Prom, a lot.

Bad Eggs What a disaster that was. Other than Go Fish, it's my least favorite episode.

I see what you mean about season 6 having some of the most realistic event episodes. It's one thing I can definitely appreciate about that season. Even when Riley came back-I think a lot of people have that ex come back, and feeling like we may have screwed up, or that their life is better than mine.

I see what Joss meant, but I found Warren anything except childish or geeky. I loved Andrew, and Jonathon, but Warren-he was just downright evil to me. I hated him in his first appearance, and I really hated him in 6. The character that is-not the actor.

That's a good point-about Katrina and him having a relatively normal relationship before. In 6...well, I think he wanted to punish anyone who he believed did him wrong, and he was hateful doing it. I enjoyed his death, and thought it was fitting.

I'm watching Real Me right now.

Kim
Old 07-20-2018, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
What's My Line was among my favorites-both parts. I don't really even know what episodes she did before season 6, or during season 6. I just remember holding season 6 against her. I like The Prom, a lot.
The Prom was generally good, but the Buffy/Angel stuff was the same old story being recycled with Angel making Buffy feel like a little naive girl with the "You're too young to know what you really want" speech and her arguing back at him then Joss carrying that theme on in 'Graduation'. It's why I rooted for Angel to get his own show. He needed a personality outside of the ~dark, brooding, can't be happy or else becomes evil~ boyfriend role.

Quote:
Bad Eggs What a disaster that was. Other than Go Fish, it's my least favorite episode.
I loved the Xander/Cordy interactions. That's the best thing I can say, really. Go Fish built a sweet dynamic between Gage and Buffy, so it irritated me when he died.

Quote:
I see what you mean about season 6 having some of the most realistic event episodes. It's one thing I can definitely appreciate about that season. Even when Riley came back-I think a lot of people have that ex come back, and feeling like we may have screwed up, or that their life is better than mine.
The Riley episode was contrived, in my opinion. I liked that he had moved on and had a wife who he clearly loved but it was just an excuse for him to lecture her on how unhealthy Buffy's current lifestyle is. I could tell it was written by Doug Petrie, who had written a lot of Riley-centric episodes in the past.

Quote:
I see what Joss meant, but I found Warren anything except childish or geeky. I loved Andrew, and Jonathon, but Warren-he was just downright evil to me. I hated him in his first appearance, and I really hated him in 6. The character that is-not the actor.
I think 'evil' can show itself in a lot of ways. I don't think Warren started out as evil, but once he got a taste of power, he became addicted and felt he could use and abuse the moral rules. Once Katrina threatened to report him to the police, you could tell he was about to snap.

Quote:
I'm watching Real Me right now.
I remember hating Season 5 back when the show was airing I appreciate it a lot more, in retrospect.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-23-2018, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was still into Angel and Buffy in season 3, so I felt bad for Buffy, for her heartbreak. It was the right thing to do, but, I mean...they couldn't have just had an honest discussion about it?

I don't remember any of the Xander/Cordy stuff from Bad Eggs. I don't remember which one was Gage. I just know they all wanted to eat Buffy.

I thought Riley was pretty clear that he wasn't judging her about her lifestyle, and that he just thought she deserved better. That might be the same thing, but, in my mind, I thought he handled it well.

I don't really know who wrote any single episode of the series.

Season 3 was my favorite, but season 5 was my 2nd favorite. I loved Glory-she was my favorite villain of the series. I'm glad you like it more now, for your enjoyment, not because I think you should like it.

I'll have to see if I can appreciate anything about Warren when I re-watch.

I just saw the one where Riley left. Now I'm watching the one where Willow and Anya had brought Anya's ex-troll boyfriend.

Kim
Closed Thread   Post New Thread