Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2004, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

For those fans of Mr. Wolfe this was out on Trekweb:

Former STAR TREK: DEEP SPACE NINE writer and producer Robert Hewitt Wolfe has announced that he is joining the new USA Network drama series THE 4400. Speaking in forums at Ex Isle, Wolfe says he'll be a consulting producer on the show. DS9 vets Rene Echevarria and Ira Steven Behr are behind the show, which is also produced by Francis Ford Coppola's American Zoetrope.

"It's a blast working with Rene and Ira again," Wolfe writes. "And the other writers are terrific, too. Hopefully everyone will have as much fun watching it as we are coming up with stories. "

THE 4400 centers around a group of missing or dead people who are reincarnated with superhuman abilities that a new U.S. government agency culls for its own purposes (story).

"Rene Echevarria is writing the first two hours (with Scott Peters), Ira Steven Behr is showrunning, and I'll be writing an hour of the show and helping plot out the other episodes," Wolfe revealed. "So far, we're having a great time working out the stories. Obviously, I can't give many details, but the series itself is very character-focussed with a major emphasis on the personal lives of our principals, which should make for a very moving and emotional 6 hours... provided we don't screw it up."

Wolfe left DS9 at the end of its fifth season and developed and executive produced the Tribune Entertainment syndicated series GENE RODDENBERRY's ANDROMEDA, before leaving during a shake-up of the show's creative staff. Wolfe was instrumental in developing the Dominion in DS9's early seasons and with Behr wrote some of the show's most famous installments, such as "Call to Arms." He left the station in a cameo in that very episode. USA has not announced a premiere date for THE 4400.

[ 01-18-2004: Message edited Cryostar ]
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have heard that my Space channel is going to start playing Andromeda this Spring. The thing is I don't know if it is re-runs that are on every week night, or just new ones on every week. I would like them just to play it the old eppys once a week. Because I know that I wouldn't be able to watch it every night

That new show that Wolfe is doing sounds good, and if it comes to Canada then I am going to watch it. But is it a mini - series?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cryostar:
<STRONG>
Double doh...you'll have to do what I do, and start downloading the episodes. That's how I just watched machinery of the mind.</STRONG>
I sometimes can watch it on Fridays nights when Joan is a re-run. Like this Friday I will be able to watch it, but until Football is over I can't watch it. I can only watch it is if my mom is out and not watching Football. I just hope it goes back to Saturday nights. It would be a lot easier for me. Because I would rather tape Joan. I don't have my own computer, so I can't download them. I would if I had my own computer
Old 01-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Enterprise_Girl:
<STRONG>... I can only watch it is if my mom is out and not watching Football. I just hope it goes back to Saturday nights. It would be a lot easier for me. Because I would rather tape Joan. I don't have my own computer, so I can't download them. I would if I had my own computer.</STRONG>
Well, new VCRs are so cheap nowadays. Why not get a VCR and tape it? Andromeda is on a couple of channels here, at different times, so if I miss it the first time I can maybe catch it the second time.

And "fifth and last season" of Andromeda? Was it planned to be only five seasons, or have they bought and canceled it already? With Skiffy, I suppose anything's possible. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[ 01-18-2004: Message edited Reggie ]
Old 01-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh... I have one, but I have to tape Joan and Jag on Friday nights
Old 01-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie:
<STRONG>

Well, new VCRs are so cheap nowadays. Why not get a VCR and tape it? Andromeda is on a couple of channels here, at different times, so if I miss it the first time I can maybe catch it the second time.

And "fifth and last season" of Andromeda? Was it planned to be only five seasons, or have they bought and canceled it already? With Skiffy, I suppose anything's possible. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[ 01-18-2004: Message edited Reggie ]</STRONG>
Always supposed to be five, like Earth Final Conflict.

Makes you hope that they start tying crud up soon.

No to the mini-series Sarah. They're going to try and make it as a unique show, something like Dead-Zone started with. I hope that they make it. It sounds unique and that's what TV needs is some uniqueness to it.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Dead-Zone is like the greatest show, so I hope it works out
Old 01-24-2004, 01:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Finally watched Machinery of the Mind. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

!

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Harper a keynote speaker? Cool. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] I loved watching Dylan yank the Secret Police guys chains.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Why did said Secret Police take so long to get to Dylan if he was their objective? They had orders--or what looked like orders. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Wouldn't they have reported to him at once, presented the orders, and hauled him off?

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] Loved the redhead declaring herself "Doctor Professor" and Becka ignoring her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] How convenient that Nick Lea's character returned right after Dylan did. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] I'm still not clear on why asking about negative isotopes (or whatever it was) served as a tripwire for the Doctor (Professor).

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] I wonder who it was calling Rommie an "artifact"--the Doctor (Professor), or SOTA?

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] I like Gaheris. I really do. But I really miss Tyr. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Can't answer all of them, but I think it's not the negative isotopes...but just anything dealing with the realm that the abyss is from that's a trigger.

Did you like tri-lorn's ship?
Old 01-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That was the last new one right?
Old 01-25-2004, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

For kathy...

They just showed Exaulted Daughter... this week for me. Maybe when sci fi gets the show everyone will get a bit more consistant.
Old 01-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Can't answer all of them, but I think it's not the negative isotopes...but just anything dealing with the realm that the abyss is from that's a trigger.</STRONG>
It doesn't have to be, that the Abyss's realm has negative isotopes or any such. It's just necessary that the trigger be something very, very unlikely to come up unintentionaly. Even the isotopes' numbers had to be primes, in numerical order.

ETA: Yes, I saw that one last night. It's the one with the Princess who... Right?

And Cryostar: get a second VCR. They're that cheap, and then you can make copies of tapes. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 01-25-2004: Message edited Reggie ]
Old 01-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Next week is suppose to be new
Old 01-26-2004, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Ouch...I just got a DVR...so maybe I can get it all to work now. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] maybe.

Next week's is going to rock...new ships, new ships!

Plus, the fleet comes calling for Dylan.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Did you like tri-lorn's ship?
For a moment there, I thought it looked like a squashed Andromeda. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But then I paused it and examined it more closely, (yep, the geeks pause the tape and stare at the ships. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ), and it was different. It almost reminded me of a spider. Cool. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I don't like what they've done with the slipfighters. Those used to look like tiny Andromedas, and now we refer to them as "mastodon tusks". [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kathy W:
<STRONG>

For a moment there, I thought it looked like a squashed Andromeda. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] But then I paused it and examined it more closely, (yep, the geeks pause the tape and stare at the ships. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ), and it was different. It almost reminded me of a spider. Cool. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I don't like what they've done with the slipfighters. Those used to look like tiny Andromedas, and now we refer to them as "mastodon tusks". [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] that's what i was describing it as...it looks like we get a good front view of it in the next episode. Can't wait to download it and get some screen caps.

They changed the slip fighters? Oh, do you mean how the fighters "wings" are no longer connected to the hull?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread