Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, absolutely.

It just tickled me to be reminded of that time in our history.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Look at this news:

Oklahoma City Bombing Prison Food Suit

Terry Nichols Sues Over Prison Food

DENVER (June 23) - Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols is asking for a court-appointed lawyer to help him with a lawsuit complaining about the food he gets in prison.

Nichols claims in his suit that the federal Supermax prison in Colorado is causing him to "sin against God" because he doesn't get enough whole grains and fresh food.

Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols doesn't like the food in the prison where he will spend the rest of his life, so he is suing. Nichols, 55, is asking for a court-appointed lawyer to help him with the federal lawsuit. Nichols is shown leaving the courthouse in McAlester, Okla., after being sentenced Aug. 9, 2004, on state charges.

He's lucky to be getting a meal after what he did. Some freakin' nerve.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG!!! The gall of that guy....
Old 06-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, people just have some nerve.

I just came across this news:

Painters misspell school in Miami-Dade -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Miami-Dade: Painters misspell the word 'school' in school zone

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY - Painters misspelled the word "school," and now the sign has become the talk of the town, especially for students who attend class nearby, WSVN-Ch. 7 reports.

Students who attend Goulds Elementary School in southwest Miami Dade had no problem spelling "school;" however, whoever painted the word on the pavement spelled it "scohol."

A spokesman from the Department of Transportation said, "Yes, this is a state road, but Miami-Dade County Public Works painted it there with temporary paint."

A Miami-Dade Public Works spokesman said the misspelled word will be corrected by Friday.

How completely embarrassing. I'm ashamed to say that I live in this state (Florida), which is 49th in the U.S. for education.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

How sad!!! LOL!!!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

^ Yeah, I mean how hard would it have been for the workers to take a step back and see if they did the work right?! So darn lazy.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is so sad to hear of the death of Michael Jackson.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

^ I know. It's still so hard to believe.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

that school thing reminds me of that snickers commercial where the guy paints chefs instead of chiefs on the football field
Old 06-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

The misspelling of the word "school" on that crosswalk was corrected immediately yesterday. Thank goodness for that.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

Chestnut chows down 68 hot dogs; sets record - CNN.com

Chestnut chows down 68 hot dogs; sets record

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Setting a world record, Joey Chestnut won Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest on Saturday, solidifying himself to many as the greatest gustatory athlete of all time.

For the third straight year, Chestnut beat out his main rival, Takeru Kobayashi. The two lived up to their ravenous reputations. They made quick work of the 17 other eaters, and set personal best scores: Chestnut ate 68 dogs to Kobayashi's 64.5.

The event lasts 10 minutes and the two were keeping pace with each other until the last minute where Chestnut pulled away.

"I've been practicing hard," said Chestnut in an interview with ESPN after the contest. "After the second minute, I knew that my body was cooperating."

Chestnut and Kobayashi are considered the game's best and have different techniques to eating. While Kobayashi has a smooth, effortless approach, Chestnut muscles them down. Late in the competition Chestnut's face turns red and contorts as he drools.

He's got the competition down to a science: grabbing two hot dogs, forcing them into his mouth and taking a minimal number of chews as he gulps them down his throat. He then dips the buns in water and lets them slide right down.

Prior to the contest, Chestnut felt confident, saying he would set a new record.

"I'm usually pretty hesitant on making predictions like that," he said told CNN Radio Saturday. "But I was feeling good."

Man, congrats to him - that must be insane to be able to stuff so many hot dogs down your throat!

Old 07-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

My stomach hurts just thinking about it.. LOL!!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Congrats to Joey Chestnut. Here's an interesting story from the Associated Press:

Woman allegedly pranks grandma 45 times

Cambridge, MN

A 21-year-old woman faces felony charges after allegedly prank calling her 69 year old grandmother 45 times in one day, threatening to kill her. The woman faces five felony counts including harassment. A criminal complaint said she told police she was ''bored'' and ''wanted to have some fun.''

The woman and a 20-year-old friend, also facing charges, allegedly called the older woman on Feb. 5 and said ''I'm gonna kill you,'' ''You're going to die'' and I'm watching you.''

Police officers answered some calls for the grandmother and heard a female caller make threats.

The criminal complaint said the suspect told investigators she wanted to scare her grandmother but didn't want her dead. She said she knew it was wrong but not illegal.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, calling in death threats is a crime.

It's never a prank.

I don't care if you meant it or not.

I don't care if you were just kidding.

It's a crime.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

What a sick sense of humor... The poor grandmother must have been petrified... That is not funny at all.