Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-28-2005, 08:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Old soldier found long lost comrade

Quote:
Old soldier found long lost comrade - next door

Two soldiers who thought each other had died in a bloody Second World War battle 60 years ago have discovered they are next-door neighbours.

Gilbert Fogg, 80, thought there was something familiar about his neighbour when he moved into a new retirement bungalow in Nettleham, near Lincoln.

But he couldn't believe it when he discovered the man was Tom Parker, 82, reports the Daily Mirror.

Sixty years ago they had fought shoulder-to-shoulder in some of the bloodiest battles of the Second World War.

Last time they saw each other was in a trench at the infamous battle of Anzio in Italy. Both left that battlefield on stretchers, each assuming the other was dead.

Gilbert adds: "I asked my brother, who lives here, and he knew just that he was called Tom. He didn't know the surname. But I did. It was Tom Parker. My God, it was Tom Parker! I felt like someone had punched me.

"I asked him to come in and show me how the electrics in my house worked - but that was just an excuse. I wanted to see him up close, to be sure.

"When he was in my house I looked him in the eye and said: "Tom Parker, do you know who I am?" He looked at me and said: "No." I said: "Have you ever met anyone called Gilly?"

"Well, he staggered. He put his arm up to his face and he leant on the wall. He just said: "Oh Gilly, Gilly. I thought you were bloody dead".

"He stood like that for ever such a long time. Then we started talking, and once we started, we couldn't stop."

I didnt knoe what to think after I read it.What could be better than finding out your friend is alive after thinking they died, and then finding out they live next door to you.

Lost|Roswell|Lotr|Angel|BtVS|HP|Potc|

Vote for Josh Holloway
Old 01-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

Awwwww... that is so awesome.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Supreme Fan

This is awesome...........they were neighbors.........and didnt know each other........I dont think I get this part......
GO TO
Matt CzuchryBoard|Roswell Board
Old 01-29-2005, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's lovely
Old 01-29-2005, 12:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Gilber Fogg had just moved in next to tom parker,they werent neighbors before... "Gilbert Fogg, 80, thought there was something familiar about his neighbour when he moved into a new retirement bungalow in Nettleham, near Lincoln."

Lost|Roswell|Lotr|Angel|BtVS|HP|Potc|

Vote for Josh Holloway
Old 01-29-2005, 03:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oooh I love hearing a good story after hearing so many bad ones in recent weeks - totally awesome

Its GREAT to be politically correct!
Old 01-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

That's very sweet and uplifting, it's nice to read about.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG that's so awesome
Old 01-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, that's really awesome!
Old 01-31-2005, 09:12 AM
New Fan

Aw. This is the kind of story that brings a tear to my eye. Such a happy thing to have found each other.