Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-22-2005, 10:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Michael Powell steps down as FCC chairman

I'm sure most have heard about this now, but its worth its own topic since its such good news.

Quote:
Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael K. Powell, who opposed tight regulation of telecommunications but backed unprecedented fines against broadcast indecency, announced Friday he is resigning.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6852019/

This guy was ruining stuff on a daily basis with the crazy investigations he'd have people do for certain TV shows.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Heard it on NPR this morning. It's about time. The only good thing he did was increase Howard Stern's publicity.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Yah I guess he didn't notice he was doing that.

It might not be possible to get someone in the white house that has no religious beliefs, but we definetly need someone like that running the FCC. Powell gave into religious groups way too much.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

Stern's going to be classic on Monday's show. This was like one of his dreams, Powell gone.

Maybe they'll get someone in there now who is willing to actually work with broadcasters and create an actual, clear set of standards about what is and what isn't obscene... and not have it all based on non-secular, unspecified opinion.

Yeah, right.