Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2022, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Tom News & Articles #11: We can't wait for more news about "Deep Six"!

Welcome to the Tom News & Articles Thread #11!
For all the latest Tom news!

Links to Articles

Last edited by livstevi21; 09-09-2022 at 01:40 AM
livstevi21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

From last thread - Recent News:

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
First news and screen shots of Deep Six! No official date yet, but set to be released sometime next year. I hope it's early next year! Loving how suave Tom looks here and how hot does he look in that leather jacket
https://screenrant.com/deep-six-imag...vie-exclusive/

Recent conversations

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
thanks for the news
he does look great in that pic
Quote:
I know right? I am seriously pumped for this, it's the first film he's the actual star role in asides from perhaps The Fog. The ones he's been in since Smallville ended, Parkland, Draft Day and The Choice were all relatively small roles. He truly loves his action roles. Marcus Pierce on Lucifer and Vincent Corbo on Professionals (10 part TV series he filmed back in 2019 which is FINALLY making it's US debut on the CW next month - it was shown even in the UK before US which is crazy) both involved a lot of fighting scenes. He filmed Deep Six back in April this year. I truly hope this gets a worldwide cinematic release and it reaches to my local cinema as that would be AWESOME.

Thankfully, with Talkville out every week, I won't be quite so impatient with this one, but I still can't wait!
Quote:
yeah I liked him on Lucifer. I was wondering when the Professionals when coming out.

he is a talented actor. I hope he continues to get good roles in the future
Quote:
Yeah, Professionals took absolutely ages to come out worldwide. The premiere screening of the first episode was shown on London based C21 media with an interview with Tom and creator Jeff Most back in March 2020 and then it was released to Nordic streaming service Viaplay later that year (initially for Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland, but I've now read that Viaplay is now rolling out in the UK and US which is super interesting). Not long after, it was aired on TNT channel in Germany, which very quickly released the series on DVD and Blu Ray in March 2021. Other than being able to view that premiere, the rest of the series was long inaccessible so I was extremely thankful that they released it with original English audio and I was able to order it on Amazon.de to be delivered to the UK. A year later, it came to UK TV on channel 5Action and now finally, it's getting aired in the US on the CW. I'd love to know what you think of it, if you intend on watching it? We've got a thread for it here

A second series was hopefully going to be on the cards, but I don't know if that will happen now. It's a niche little action series and is a little over the top in certain areas with a lot going on, possibly a little too much as I often got confused but Tom and Brendan Fraser's chemistry was great and I loved all their scenes together the most. I'd love to see them work together again sometime.

Oh he absolutely is an extremely talented actor and very underrated imo. I certainly hope so too, but I don't think he'll be doing too much acting for the foreseeable future. It's either been one film to one TV show a year/every couple of years since Smallville. And now some of his time will be taken up with Talkville for the next 4 years Which I'm not complaining about, getting to see him talk about every episode of Smallville each week with Michael is a real treat and keeps me sated until he returns to the small/big screen.
Quote:
wow that is some way to release the show. I love Brendan Fraser so much and plus you got Tom. so im really looking forward to watching it.
I know right. Yeah, I love Brendan Fraser too. That's great! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

I had no idea about the reason behind Brendan's absence from Hollywood until I read an article about it upon the release of Professionals. It was so sad to read what had happened to him, but it's awesome to see how he's successfully he's come back now. I briefly met him at London Film and Comic Con in 2019 and he signed my The Mummy and Mummy Returns DVD box set, which were the first films I had seen him in. He was so friendly.
Old 09-09-2022, 11:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah I just read an article about him filming the mummy movies, and it said he had to go through several surgeries to repair the damage his body took while doing them. everything ive seen him in he has always been great in them. I look forward to this next project with Tom too.

tftnt!
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, I had no idea how much injuries he sustained from doing those films but I remember hearing that he actually almost died doing that hanging scene in the first Mummy film. He told some good stories from the set of The Mummy in his talk at the London con though I don't really remember much. I had to sadly leave his talk slightly early in order to get to another one in time as the clashed slightly. He's done other projects since Professionals. Most notably Doom Patrol and most recently the film The Whale, which he received a standing ovation for the other day at the Venice Film Festival. It's nice to have him back. I admit to the only other films I've seen him in are Inkheart and Journey to the Centre of the Earth, despite his extensive filmography, most of them never really jumped out at me. I especially loved Inkheart though.

No problem.
Old 09-09-2022, 03:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah he is great on doom patrol. and I do want to see the whale whenever that gets released. he also has a bunch of projects in the works as well.

I had no idea he almost died during that scene. that must have been difficult scene to film. so glad he is ok now and is back to working on a regular basis
Old 09-10-2022, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, me too. He deserves it and to be happy again.
Old 09-10-2022, 11:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah he does
Old 09-10-2022, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

TW looks good with that leather jacket.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

He sure does.
Old 09-14-2022, 12:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

I agree
Old 09-15-2022, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I'm so looking forward to this movie. It's gonna be good.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Hope so.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Tom makes anything look good
Old 09-28-2022, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, Liv!

The production stills from "Deep Six" look awesome.
TomsEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

No problem.

They sure do! Can't wait to see more!
Reply   Post New Thread